HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:04 PM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapBlack View Post
nebstress If you look at the PDOP parameter NEO-6M, never falls of 1.6 this means 19.2 meters precision
but tomorrow, I'll try again.
I use the CRIUS CN-06 GPS modules which are also NEO-6M & in real flight I get about 1 to 3 meters accuracy with PH & 2 to 4 meters with RTH (both depending on wind).
Setting Declination helps as well as good Mag setup & calibration along with taking time to acquire good GPS lock before flying.
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:41 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2009
1,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ican View Post
...would you please send it to the site: http://www.youku.com,then send the address to me .

Thank you!!
Hi Ican,

I have posted the video at the link below.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDg4MzI3NTI0.html

Since then I have tried more GUI settings that were recommended but with the same result; Go Home flies very fast and erratic when enabled.

I also discovered that the GPS coordinates in Rabbit GUI were are off by a digit. In the photo below it shows my location as -12.995006 / 37.411746 but my correct location was actually -121.995006 / 37.411746. I'm not certain if this would cause Go Home not to work correctly. I could install 1.211 firmware (Go Home works fine in it) and compare the GPS location but I don't think it has GPS coordinates in the GUI.

In any case, Nebstress has said that the RCTimer UBlox GPS worked well for him so I've ordered one. Lets wait and see if it fixes the issue. I'll let you know once I receive it in a couple weeks.

Thanks
patricklupo is offline Find More Posts by patricklupo
Last edited by patricklupo; Dec 14, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:18 AM
China, Shanghai
Joined Apr 2012
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricklupo View Post
Hi Ican,

I have posted the video at the link below.
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDg4MzI3NTI0.html

Since then I have tried more GUI settings that were recommended but with the same result; Go Home flies very fast and erratic when enabled.

I also discovered that the GPS coordinates in Rabbit GUI were are off by a digit. In the photo below it shows my location as -12.995006 / 37.411746 but my correct location was actually -121.995006 / 37.411746. I'm not certain if this would cause Go Home not to work correctly. I could install 1.211 firmware (Go Home works fine in it) and compare the GPS location but I don't think it has GPS coordinates in the GUI.

In any case, Nebstress has said that the RCTimer UBlox GPS worked well for him so I've ordered one. Lets wait and see if it fixes the issue. I'll let you know once I receive it in a couple weeks.

Thanks
Thank you for your video &picture

we will study it as fast as possiable!
Ican is offline Find More Posts by Ican
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:06 AM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Jul 2012
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
I use the CRIUS CN-06 GPS modules which are also NEO-6M & in real flight I get about 1 to 3 meters accuracy with PH & 2 to 4 meters with RTH (both depending on wind).
Setting Declination helps as well as good Mag setup & calibration along with taking time to acquire good GPS lock before flying.
yes but then is filtered and an average is taken "corrected by software"
CapBlack is offline Find More Posts by CapBlack
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:55 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricklupo View Post

Thanks
Hi Patricklupo,

Yes the RCTimer CRIUS CN-06 GPS module works well, I find it gets a lock & the Rabbit passes 'self check' much quicker than the stock LF GPS.
You will just have to swap over the TX & RX pins in the plug that connects to the Rabbit, very easy to do just have to lift the little tabs with something small (I use a micro screwdriver) & pull the wire/pin out, they just clip back in again.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:16 AM
Israel, Haifa
Joined Jul 2012
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Hi Patricklupo,

Yes the RCTimer CRIUS CN-06 GPS module works well, I find it gets a lock & the Rabbit passes 'self check' much quicker than the stock LF GPS.
You will just have to swap over the TX & RX pins in the plug that connects to the Rabbit, very easy to do just have to lift the little tabs with something small (I use a micro screwdriver) & pull the wire/pin out, they just clip back in again.
If u get NEO-6P GPS module for Precise Point Positioning ,can be better
CapBlack is offline Find More Posts by CapBlack
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:40 AM
Joined Jan 2012
378 Posts
I use the Rctimer n6 Version 2 also. I find that it locks quicker and is a bit more accurate. I also like the fact that the cable come ready to plug into the rabbit. As said, you do have to reverese the tx rx wires. rkenosha
rkenosha is offline Find More Posts by rkenosha
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:48 AM
Deutschland, RP, Hillscheid
Joined Nov 2010
52 Posts
Is this http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...3&productname= the Receiver you are talking about?
Are other changes than reverse rx-tx needed?
Is there no need of changing baud rate?
Thanks
Michael
Elo WW is online now Find More Posts by Elo WW
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:50 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo WW View Post
Is this http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...3&productname= the Receiver you are talking about?
Are other changes than reverse rx-tx needed?
Is there no need of changing baud rate?
Thanks
Michael
Yes it is & no you don't
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:26 AM
France, Aquitaine, Prignac-et-Marcamps
Joined May 2012
189 Posts
Who dared to switch off the Radio to test the Failsafe ?
EricBx is offline Find More Posts by EricBx
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:47 AM
China, Shanghai
Joined Apr 2012
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBx View Post
there are many fans of Rabbit test it ,and it is oK,

you can test it !
Ican is offline Find More Posts by Ican
Old Dec 16, 2012, 12:29 PM
Joined Mar 2012
50 Posts
The failsafe works as advertised in my tests.
tacitapproval is online now Find More Posts by tacitapproval
Old Dec 16, 2012, 05:50 PM
Philippines, CALABARZON, Cavite City
Joined May 2012
51 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBx View Post
I Did, but there was a slight problem. its not the rabbits faults but the Fail safe design of my tx (aurora 9) seem like there is a second delay before FS engages when i turn off my tx and that 1 sec delay makes my quad fall with a dead motor for a second before doing the rabbit FS.. so there a short free fall drop before it goes to FS sequence.

my advice is do not turn off your aurora 9 tx for rabbit fs when you are in a very low altitute....

just sharing
rizalbautista is offline Find More Posts by rizalbautista
Old Dec 16, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Aug 2004
290 Posts
Hi Ican

I have one suggestion or feature request.

I mainly use the Rabbit for FPV and I have two now and I will assemble one more for aerial video around Chinese new year.

My 1st FPV quad is designed for close range and the 2nd is designed for mid range, 15 minute flight time, I hope.

Recently I ran into a few occasions was that the battery pack's voltage drop suddenly before the usual flight duration, it was due to one cell not healthy. leading to a few emergency landings, luckily, no major damage.

The Rabbit have cell voltage detection and low voltage alarm, but it would not be useful for more than 100 meters away.

Can Rabbit provide a voltage output, through one of the existing terminal, the voltage of the highest cell and the lowest cell in alternating manner.

Then I can feed this voltage through the OSD so that I can detect cell imbalance through the OSD, it would be very useful for medium range missions.

If you do this, this could be a unique feature that the Rabbit firstly implemented.

Looking forward to hear good news form you.

Formosa
Formosa is offline Find More Posts by Formosa
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:16 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formosa View Post
Hi Ican

I have one suggestion or feature request.

I mainly use the Rabbit for FPV and I have two now and I will assemble one more for aerial video around Chinese new year.

My 1st FPV quad is designed for close range and the 2nd is designed for mid range, 15 minute flight time, I hope.

Recently I ran into a few occasions was that the battery pack's voltage drop suddenly before the usual flight duration, it was due to one cell not healthy. leading to a few emergency landings, luckily, no major damage.

The Rabbit have cell voltage detection and low voltage alarm, but it would not be useful for more than 100 meters away.

Can Rabbit provide a voltage output, through one of the existing terminal, the voltage of the highest cell and the lowest cell in alternating manner.

Then I can feed this voltage through the OSD so that I can detect cell imbalance through the OSD, it would be very useful for medium range missions.

If you do this, this could be a unique feature that the Rabbit firstly implemented.

Looking forward to hear good news form you.

Formosa
If you are using an OSD already it would make much more sense, be more accurate & allot easier just to add a current sensor to it or get an OSD with a current sensor, you could then use it for short, medium & long range.

It would be far better for LF to spend any time working on improving the quality & reliability of existing features, plus we all know what happens when new features are implemented!

It would be great to see the Rabbit become rock solid & 100% reliable for 'all' users, then it could really give the NAZA a run for its money