HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:14 AM
APM Copter Developer
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Ferrara
Joined Apr 2009
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrobyte View Post
Unfortunately, i check again just now, it all sold out!! But manage to capture some picture on the page...If you look at taobao, try search for lfhmhouse.
I think Mediatek GPS is also compatible, work fine at 4 or 10 Hz.
Waiting the firmware now... :-)
Marco67 is offline Find More Posts by Marco67
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:57 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco67 View Post
I think Mediatek GPS is also compatible, work fine at 4 or 10 Hz.
Waiting the firmware now... :-)
Let us know how it works as the Mediatek MT3329 are readily available
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:06 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar2r View Post
cmpang,
would rabbit FW support Mediatek GPS modules?
no idea as yet... the firmware is under last minute touching up and may be available in about two days.. by the time the buyers get their new GPS modules
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Last edited by cmpang; Mar 01, 2012 at 03:12 AM.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:12 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpang View Post
no idea as yet... but for a mere US$40, why should I use other modules?
I agree....$40 is a good price...as long as there is stock
Old Mar 01, 2012, 03:34 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,360 Posts
I think the demand is only a surge and stock should be normal after one or two weeks..
Old Mar 01, 2012, 05:08 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,868 Posts
great news !!!!!
titeuf007 is online now Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:42 AM
Joined Jun 2011
10 Posts
Great news would be if non Ublox GPS modules will work.... otherwise It`s ПЕЧАЛЬКА

cmpang, what about idea to develop firmware with community? Rabbit will support much more modules and have more features.
Ar2r is offline Find More Posts by Ar2r
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:49 AM
Joined Mar 2011
159 Posts
Is the new release just a module or is it a whole new board do you know. I am going to buy another board but will wait if another one is due out. I presume its an add on to he current board. Is that correct. Hopefully the new release will include firmware to reverse the yaw so I can finish my Tri.

Mike
mikehawkey is offline Find More Posts by mikehawkey
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:02 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Just for information, it looks like the Rabbit is back in stock at GLB
Old Mar 01, 2012, 07:06 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehawkey View Post
Is the new release just a module or is it a whole new board do you know. I am going to buy another board but will wait if another one is due out. I presume its an add on to he current board. Is that correct. Hopefully the new release will include firmware to reverse the yaw so I can finish my Tri.

Mike
Just a GPS module to be added on to the current board. New firmware to be available in a few days...
Old Mar 01, 2012, 08:17 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpang View Post
ok.. what a wonderful flying day..

1. At the moment, head lock works on just everyone has experienced. The direction is registered at the time of Un-Arm and once activated, the heading will return to the registered direction as long as the Rudder stick is neutral. The good news is that is going to be history. Rabbit will revise it in the forthcoming firmware so that the real time direction will be registered at the time when head lock is activated so as to lock on this direction until the activated switch is released.

2. Regarding PTZ. The PTZ servos to be connected to M7 and M8 so that Rabbit can perform the stabilisation. If you want to control the tilt manually, first you have to make sure no mapping is done on CH7 in the GUI. Next, you connect up your receiver to Rabbit's CH7 input and you can tilt the PTZ on your transmitter's CH7 input device. While in flight, the PTZ will stay in neutral position when Stabilisation is OFF and will make corresponding movement to make the PTZ to maintain horizontal position when Stabilisation is turned ON. At anytime you can tilt it manually if CH7 is connected. Manual swivel is not supported tought.

Let me know if any further info is needed.

cmPang

great news for head lock
because for the moment it s very useless
we have to lock rudder stick if we want to move the rudder axe....it s not very good!!
titeuf007 is online now Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined May 2010
241 Posts
Lol I know it's kinda over done, but my rabbit doesent even show up after I connect it to the usb on the my computer.just the lights moving left to right. I haven't connected anything else. Just the board to USB to win 2007 ... I get an error that I can post later on. I could use dos to register the file but the rabbit doesent even show up on the computer....
Vyas is offline Find More Posts by Vyas
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:07 PM
United States, MN, St Cloud
Joined Jan 2012
474 Posts
My rabbit finally arrived. I ordered the Carefree version,can anone tell me if the ultrasonic detector is supose to be with this versoin or is it something extra I have to buy
richkphoto is online now Find More Posts by richkphoto
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richkphoto View Post
My rabbit finally arrived. I ordered the Carefree version,can anone tell me if the ultrasonic detector is supose to be with this versoin or is it something extra I have to buy
It is something that you have to buy. You can get it off ebay. You can find it here http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Arduino-...04585590261306

I bought 3, just in case some never worked.

My Rabbit should be arriving any day now. Shipped on the 24 Feb.

Rob
Old Mar 01, 2012, 06:25 PM
Joined May 2010
241 Posts
How to make the rabbit run...

So when i tried to start the app, i got an error, 0x8002801c as shown in the attachment. To solve this problem, i found this on google. And it worked =)

The error value 0x8002801c means, Error accessing the OLE (Object Linking and Embedding) registry. You need to copy the MSCOMCT2.OCX file to c:\windows\sysWOW64 not c:\windows\system32.

Run the command with elevated privileges, to do this, follow the steps below:
i. Click on start and in the start search bar type CMD, right click on the command prompt icon in the programs area and then click on run as administrator.
ii. At the command prompt type regsvr32 wmnetmgr.dll and then press enter.

Now the rabbit runs...
Vyas is offline Find More Posts by Vyas