HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2012, 05:04 PM
Cyprus, Limassol
Joined Feb 2008
1,115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by POS2012 View Post
Is this the exact same controller as in this quad: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/ifly-4-co...ontroller.html ?

Sorry for asking if this a stupid question. (The quad/ multi is a brand new area for me that I dig into these days.) - Is this a better controller than KK controller regarding flying itself? (drift, stability etc)
Yes it is but i can't tell if it's the lite version or not.
panos2408 is offline Find More Posts by panos2408
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Nov 2011
30 Posts
The same looking it seems...
iseekk is offline Find More Posts by iseekk
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:58 PM
Registered MisUser
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
721 Posts
Quote:
Is this the exact same controller as in this quad: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/ifly-4-co...ontroller.html ?

Sorry for asking if this a stupid question. (The quad/ multi is a brand new area for me that I dig into these days.) - Is this a better controller than KK controller regarding flying itself? (drift, stability etc)
Yes it is the exact same controller, its a far more advanced controller than KK as it has auto levelling and on the one you indicated it has , i Quote-

Rabbit flight controller with Care free function.

The care free function means it also has a magneto and barometer I.E its the advanced version NOT the basic or lite version.

Hope this helps
Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:07 AM
Joined Jan 2012
19 Posts
Thank you :-)

Quote:
can be connect with ultrasonic, barometer,tri-axis magnetic sensor,GPS etc
Magneto = accelerometer?

Barometer = track the air pressure to keep the quad in the same height?

Is the barometer and acc on-board, or an addon? Have read the opening post some times and looked at the photo with explaination, but still not sure... Yet I believe this in on-board. But I might be confused by different versions of the same card...?

Auto levelling = I let go of the sticks on the RC controller, and the quad levels itself? (Like the AR Drone?)

Does it use these functions ( acc + baro) to make it drift less, and also set it to a certain height, so when I am flying there is less risk of crashing?

Is this (a quad with this controller) then better use compared to the AR Drone, regarding the automatic functions? When flying the AR Drone I get annoyed by it all the time taking control when I want to have control, and doing the "AR Drone dance" before hitting the ground. (I get Ultrasound alarm all the time, flying over grass, sofas or ice. Then it lowers itself to "safe height", that is usually veeery close to the ground. - I believe it looks upon itself as a car...) - I would like to have a quad that helps me with self levelling etc, but still I want to be in control if you know what I mean :-)

In the text it says thet it needs 5 channels RX. What is the 5. channel for?
POS2012 is offline Find More Posts by POS2012
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:20 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
514 Posts
The Board (small version) has a Gyro and ACC onboard and does Self-Leveling. The CareFree extension on the more expensive board has a barometric sensor and a magnetometer (kompass) for keeping hight and better keeping the direction (no YAW drift).

ch5 is used to switch from ACC to Heading-Hold and 3D mode.
(Jo)Hannes is offline Find More Posts by (Jo)Hannes
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:25 AM
Joined Jan 2012
19 Posts
Ok, thank you :-)
Is it possible to use a 4ch radiosystem and just lock the board to a suitable mode? I ask because the above mentioned quad seams very tempting for me... But I only have a 4ch system as of now.
(What is ACC mode?)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:33 AM
Flying Like Evil
France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Garons
Joined Oct 2010
150 Posts
Hi
I have tried to run software but nothing happen.... Neither english nor Chinese version
Do you have same trouble?
C team MOD is offline Find More Posts by C team MOD
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:34 AM
Joined Jan 2012
19 Posts
Do you have the controller connected? Somewhere in this tread I read that the controller has to be connected to the PC for the software to open. If I didn't misunderstand...
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:37 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
514 Posts
Quote:
Ok, thank you :-)
Is it possible to use a 4ch radiosystem and just lock the board to a suitable mode? I ask because the above mentioned quad seams very tempting for me... But I only have a 4ch system as of now.
(What is ACC mode?)
ACC model is the self Leveling. When i get i right this is the default mode if ch5 is not connected.

The Software runs without the controller but you need to install the usb-driver from the software package first to be able to start the software.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:41 AM
Flying Like Evil
France, Languedoc-Roussillon, Garons
Joined Oct 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Jo)Hannes View Post
ACC model is the self Leveling. When i get i right this is the default mode if ch5 is not connected.

The Software runs without the controller but you need to install the usb-driver from the software package first to be able to start the software.
even with windows 7???
C team MOD is offline Find More Posts by C team MOD
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:43 AM
Joined Jan 2012
19 Posts
Quote:
ACC model is the self Leveling
Does that mean the mode that is the best for me as a quad beginner? I can fly, then let go of the stick and the quad will level itself?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 02:47 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
the Rabbit that I flew...

My Video (1 min 50 sec)

120106 night (1 min 33 sec)

X 120110 (1 min 56 sec)

X 120112 (1 min 12 sec)
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:08 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C team MOD View Post
even with windows 7???
Don't know, i only have XP running in a VM and only use it if it hardly need Windows ;_)

Yes, ACC is nice for beginners, the Quad won't fall of the Sky by tipping in one direction.
Of cause even with ACC you have to control the height, direction and drifting (from winds etc) which needs some hours of experience (and some Propellers ;_) ) till you manage it.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:31 AM
Joined Jan 2012
19 Posts
LOL. Yes, and that is much more fun than the AR Drone that thinks it knows what it is doing , until it hit the ground... Can not tell it to go up if it decides to lower itself... - I'm more used to planes, and my trick with new planes is always take it high the first time - because it gives me more time to think if I do an error. - (and I do). The drifting is what is a new to me with quads. Self levelling seams like a great function though :-)
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:38 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
514 Posts
If you are used to fly RC planes than you will learn to fly a quad quite fast.