HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2012, 03:16 PM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
948 Posts
http://www.digikey.nl/ ? Don't know what their shipping costs for you... I know it's cheap within the US.

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 03:43 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
The Netherlands, UT, Soest
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximal View Post
http://www.digikey.nl/ ? Don't know what their shipping costs for you... I know it's cheap within the US.

-Max
huh.. .NL?? .nl domains should be dutch.. i guess they have an european warehouse or something in that order.. shipping shouldn't be that much..
thank for the link!

now let's hope i can source the parts there without minimum order of 1000 units...

and on another topic..
flown 4 lipo's with the rabbit today again.. alt hold works very well with the old baro. (packed in foam under a dome) but sometimes is slowly drops a few meters.. very slowly... no sudden drops or anything like that..

i have a slow yaw to the left. a degree or 2 per minute.. but i also have one motor with dodgy bearings.. i think the motor is to blame..

i tried hexa output for the last time.. nope.. still bad.. but i can fly it as quad.
and for the hexa i've got another FC (arducopter).
dutchcommando is offline Find More Posts by dutchcommando
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Dec 2010
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchcommando View Post
huh.. .NL?? .nl domains should be dutch.. i guess they have an european warehouse or something in that order.. shipping shouldn't be that much..
thank for the link!

now let's hope i can source the parts there without minimum order of 1000 units...

and on another topic..
flown 4 lipo's with the rabbit today again.. alt hold works very well with the old baro. (packed in foam under a dome) but sometimes is slowly drops a few meters.. very slowly... no sudden drops or anything like that..

i have a slow yaw to the left. a degree or 2 per minute.. but i also have one motor with dodgy bearings.. i think the motor is to blame..

i tried hexa output for the last time.. nope.. still bad.. but i can fly it as quad.
and for the hexa i've got another FC (arducopter).
I plugged my GPS in with reverse polarity. What components do I need from Digikey to fix it?
leithalweapon is offline Find More Posts by leithalweapon
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leithalweapon View Post
I plugged my GPS in with reverse polarity. What components do I need from Digikey to fix it?
here are some pictures for you from my gps:

the right black thing on the last picture is fried, (see the dot on it?) that's a voltage regulator 65Z7. and i can't find that one at digikey...

the "big" jellow square thing on the picture is a tantalum capacitor. 6-9V

the glassy thing above it could be broken to.. that's a zener diode, 3,6V.

this is what is told me here on the forum.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Dec 2010
253 Posts
Quote:

the right black thing on the last picture is fried, (see the dot on it?) that's a voltage regulator 65Z7. and i can't find that one at digikey...

appreciate it. I will fix mine as soon as I get parts.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:04 PM
France, Centre, Méry-sur-Cher
Joined May 2012
56 Posts
Quote:
I read 65Z5 .. equivalent to XC6206P302MR or CL9901 (thanks google).
You may try this link in your country : http://nl.farnell.com/jsp/displayPro...CHIPS2-1002349
panguitou is offline Find More Posts by panguitou
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:53 PM
Joined Jan 2012
35 Posts
I am having problems getting my rabbit into breathe mode.

The rabbit will not approve the receiver.. But when I connect it to the computer it shows correct receiver data like it is working.. Anybody know how to fix this?
enjoinick is offline Find More Posts by enjoinick
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:01 PM
Australia, VIC, Hampton Park
Joined Feb 2011
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoinick View Post

The rabbit will not approve the receiver.. But when I connect it to the computer it shows correct receiver data like it is working.. Anybody know how to fix this?
It needs output from the Tx to activate it... Most times it goes into breathing mode before the LED comes on... Are all the other ticked LEDs lighting up...?
Fugbucker is offline Find More Posts by Fugbucker
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:14 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by panguitou View Post
I read 65Z5 .. equivalent to XC6206P302MR or CL9901 (thanks google).
You may try this link in your country : http://nl.farnell.com/jsp/displayPro...CHIPS2-1002349
ow, yeah.. typo!

darn.. you are great at sourcing parts! many thanks for that!
my other hobby is customizing HD's (the bikes.. and no i am no "teutil style lover") and some special parts are hard to find.. i'll give you a holler if i need something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoinick View Post

some rabbits only accept throttle movement for rc pass, others rudder or elevator.. try all sticks and see if you hear a beep. if it beeps directly with moving the stick it passed rc test.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:26 PM
Australia
Joined May 2011
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leithalweapon View Post
Check to that the 5v power feed for the GPS is working as well. I reversed the polarity on my GPS as well not long ago, and it also took out the 5v feed on the GPS pins too from the Rabbit board, as well as frying the GPS.
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:32 PM
Joined Dec 2010
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupbones View Post
Check to that the 5v power feed for the GPS is working as well. I reversed the polarity on my GPS as well not long ago, and it also took out the 5v feed on the GPS pins too from the Rabbit board, as well as frying the GPS.
Its ok. It only burned out the GPS board. I bought another GPS and have been using it, but a spare would be nice.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:06 PM
Joined Dec 2010
253 Posts
Quote:

http://www.digikey.com/product-searc...um%20capacitor
can you help me find the exact tantalum capacitor and zener diode on this site?
found the VR at digikey for .58cents US.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:54 PM
United States, WA, Woodinville
Joined Jun 2012
162 Posts
Crash

Well,got my replacement board,hookedeverything up, calibrated it all, etc... went over to the park to try things out. The videoshowsthe result. I flew on pack with no real issues except that RTH stillwasn't really working right and AltitudeHoldwith Baro still seems to surge and drift. Stuck on new battery and re-calibrated the compass. Stuck my keychain cam on for fun (just velcroed on so very jello-y). This time, position hold worked much better. About 57 secs into video, you can hear it turn on. It seemed to be working pretty well apart from some jerkiness others have reported.

Tried jinking the thing around some and it seemed to be pretty solid. Got too high for comfort, so hit AutoLand and it didn't appear to be coming down (maybe baro again?) so started tyring to bring it down myself. Partway down, throttle seems to have cut out completely, then came back a bit then out. Result was a plummet from fairly high up. No real damage as my gear is made to break away and I had the basket on to protect the electronics.

But pretty scary.

Setup is Rabbit with old baro board running 1.212. So I am sort of losing faith again. Think the new one I am building will be APM2-based.

PTDC0002 (4 min 44 sec)
sberfield is offline Find More Posts by sberfield
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:03 AM
Australia
Joined May 2011
561 Posts
I keep hearing new firmware is coming out soon, but soon seems to be taking forever..
Soupbones is offline Find More Posts by Soupbones
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:20 AM
AutoQuad OS developer
near Ithaca, NY, US
Joined Aug 2004
948 Posts
Maybe they are taking their time since they got all that grief for the last version they released, which ppl were also impatiently waiting for...

Hopefully they're re-working the COM protocols so changing settings isn't quite so hit/miss. Otherwise 1.212 has worked fine for me.

-Max
maximal is offline Find More Posts by maximal