HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Feb 18, 2012, 09:23 AM
Registered User
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
Oooo.. forget one point, there is no servo reverse in the Rabbit control.. so make sure the servo movement is correct...

dis-connect all three outputs to the ESCs, power up and arm the Tri as usual, look at the tri from its tail, if you rotate the Tri clockwise (i.e. point the head to the right), then the tail prop should tilt to right (trying to pull the tail to counter your rotation) ..
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2012, 09:24 AM
Registered User
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehawkey View Post
... Didn't see you video BTW.
MIke
post # 535
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:52 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Question about the HC-SR04 Sonar Sensors, I just got them today and about to connect to Rabbit FC, what I need to know is what will be the best altitude to set sensor at?

Since Rabbit intructions are not that detailed, and I never messed with sonar sensors before.

Thanks in advance
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:42 AM
Registered User
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
Question about the HC-SR04 Sonar Sensors, I just got them today and about to connect to Rabbit FC, what I need to know is what will be the best altitude to set sensor at?

Since Rabbit intructions are not that detailed, and I never messed with sonar sensors before.

Thanks in advance
use a double side spronge tape (to keep away any vibration) and a cable tie to mount it, anywhere at the under side of your multi that is convenient, pointing downwards and clear of any obstruction to let the ultra-sound wave hitting the ground should be ok ...

make sure you check the Ultrasonic check box in the GUI in order to activate it..
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:20 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Yeah I did noticed the check box in the GUI before i asked, I was not sure if I had to set a specific number in the GUI itself.

thank you Cmpang.
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 03:13 PM
Registered User
henrymoro's Avatar
Espaņa, Cantabria, Miengo
Joined Jul 2007
125 Posts
A video of my maiden with this FC today...
Multicopters.es Rabbit maiden flight (2 min 26 sec)
henrymoro is offline Find More Posts by henrymoro
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 03:14 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2005
19 Posts
i h
taomy is offline Find More Posts by taomy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 03:18 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2005
19 Posts
i have reced my boar and she dosent armed
lock this video
i dont have fly ,i have news firwaire
video 2012 02 17 23 48 20 (1 min 1 sec)

help me
thanks
taomy is offline Find More Posts by taomy
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 05:11 PM
Registered MisUser
whiteturbo's Avatar
Bristol UK
Joined Oct 2009
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taomy View Post
i have reced my boar and she dosent armed
lock this video
i dont have fly ,i have news firwaire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A01TMYxlPfw
help me
thanks
We cant see what the gui is showing but i assume its working as you were clicking it and things were happening. What is the actual problem? the video doesnt tell us anything.
If its just that you cant arm it, then all i can say is connect battery when ESC's have armed(finished making noises) wiggle the sticks and wait untill the led's start breathing, you will know what i mean when it happens, it can take a full minute for it to happen so just be patent, when its beathing move the roll stick full left(throttle full down) , hold it there until the lights suddenly start a new pattern, its now armed and you can fly, to unarm hold the roll stick full right untill it starts the breathing pattern again.
If thats not your problem you will have to tell us what is wrong or we cant help
I dont think it will arm while connected to the Gui

Ray
whiteturbo is offline Find More Posts by whiteturbo
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:33 PM
Registered User
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymoro View Post
A video of my maiden with this FC today... http://vimeo.com/37022790
thx for the video..

very very stable flight... seems you are a happy flyer as I am....

did you have to trim any flight parameters before your first flight?
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:34 PM
Registered User
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
Yeah I did noticed the check box in the GUI before i asked, I was not sure if I had to set a specific number in the GUI itself.

thank you Cmpang.
no you don't have to set any specific number in the GUI... just tick the check box to activate the sonar..
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2012, 08:54 PM
Registered User
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteturbo View Post
We cant see what the gui is showing but i assume its working as you were clicking it and things were happening. What is the actual problem? the video doesnt tell us anything.
If its just that you cant arm it, then all i can say is connect battery when ESC's have armed(finished making noises) wiggle the sticks and wait untill the led's start breathing, you will know what i mean when it happens, it can take a full minute for it to happen so just be patent, when its beathing move the roll stick full left(throttle full down) , hold it there until the lights suddenly start a new pattern, its now armed and you can fly, to unarm hold the roll stick full right untill it starts the breathing pattern again.
If thats not your problem you will have to tell us what is wrong or we cant help
I dont think it will arm while connected to the Gui

Ray
Ray is right...

looks like the FC board cannot pass its self test procedure..

please note the check boxes in the GUI, you must make sure you have not click the sensor boxes that you don't have the hardware in the board... e.g. if you don't have the ultrasonic, then you must leave the ultrasonic check box blank.. otherwise the FC board cannot pass the self test... the same for atmosphere and magnetic sensors as well as GPS... others are ok as they are build-in in the board..
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 02:55 AM
Registered User
almtmd's Avatar
Singapore
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
Rabbit FCB on IFLYIFLY-4 Cool Folding ARF Quadcpoter 450mm

IFLY-4 Cool Folding ARF Quadcpoter 450mm Shaft Distance With Rabbit Flight Controller
almtmd is offline Find More Posts by almtmd
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:01 AM
Registered User
almtmd's Avatar
Singapore
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
new setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by almtmd View Post
IFLY-4 Cool Folding ARF Quadcpoter 450mm Shaft Distance With Rabbit Flight Controller
Anyone can share stable flight parameters for me to start with?

Thanks
almtmd is offline Find More Posts by almtmd
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2012, 03:20 AM
Registered User
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by almtmd View Post
Anyone can share stable flight parameters for me to start with?

Thanks
just stay with the factory default to start with... most flyers found no need to adjust to have a stable flight... especially for a quad..
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Free Flight FF Auto Balance Controller with 3D Acceleration Sensor For QuadCopter C team MOD Multirotor Electronics 5803 Jun 26, 2014 05:40 PM
Discussion New quadcopter frame only (compatible with KK/MK MultiCopter Controller ) udoor Multirotor Talk 23 Aug 07, 2011 12:05 PM
Sold FY90Q Flight Controller for Quadcopter - $70 shipped jpsabo Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 1 Jul 29, 2011 10:21 AM
For Sale Complete MultiWii Quadcopter Flight Controller Kit madushan2008 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 7 Jul 26, 2011 08:58 AM
Discussion Multicopter Flight Controller Comparison Chart mbsteed Multirotor Talk 24 Jun 09, 2011 04:49 PM