SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 06, 2012, 03:44 AM
Model Bender
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,870 Posts
I'm having a strange problem.. when switching to autostability (no other boxes ticked) the quad wants to noticeably accelerate forward.

Have tried calibrating and setting the quad perfectly level when powering up.

Once the throttle is set, the quad will almost hover hands free with autostability and all other sensors turned off.

Any ideas?
OzDragonFlyer is online now Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2012, 04:09 AM
Master on breaking props
Espaņa, Comunidad de Madrid, Madrid
Joined Nov 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzDragonFlyer View Post
I'm having a strange problem.. when switching to autostability (no other boxes ticked) the quad wants to noticeably accelerate forward.

Have tried calibrating and setting the quad perfectly level when powering up.

Once the throttle is set, the quad will almost hover hands free with autostability and all other sensors turned off.

Any ideas?
Accelerometers work with autostability "on". They "level to ground" the quad. Autostability off-> You are the "accelerometer".

Accelerometer chip->board->motorīs plane-> ground levels not always are perfectly "leveled" one to others.

Try calibrate again in same location introducing a slice of something (carboard, etc) to tilt the quad "backwards" a little.

Itīs a "trial and error" process.
Manolo_B is offline Find More Posts by Manolo_B
Old May 06, 2012, 05:21 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo_B View Post
Accelerometers work with autostability "on". They "level to ground" the quad. Autostability off-> You are the "accelerometer".

Accelerometer chip->board->motorīs plane-> ground levels not always are perfectly "leveled" one to others.

Try calibrate again in same location introducing a slice of something (carboard, etc) to tilt the quad "backwards" a little.

Itīs a "trial and error" process.
I agree with Manolo_B.

I use a"Bulls Eye Bubble Level" While my Multirotor is on a pillow or something soft & adjust until perfect then run Horizontal Calibration.
nebstress is offline Find More Posts by nebstress
Old May 06, 2012, 06:04 AM
Joined Jan 2012
396 Posts
Indicaton that switch works?

Is there anyway in the GUI to tell if the switch is working? rkenosha
rkenosha is offline Find More Posts by rkenosha
Old May 06, 2012, 06:25 AM
Deutschland, RP, Hillscheid
Joined Nov 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenosha View Post
Is there anyway in the GUI to tell if the switch is working? rkenosha
If you have Display Data active in the Gui on channel 5 and 6 you should see different Numbers, eg 1000, 1500, 2000 depending on switch position.
Elo WW is online now Find More Posts by Elo WW
Old May 06, 2012, 06:34 AM
Joined Jan 2012
396 Posts
Question about camera gimbal.

Thanks again everyone for the responses. Sometimes I have a hard time translating the english in the manual to readable and understandable. Would I connect the servos for roll and pitch on the camera gimbal to the last sets of pins, 7 and 8? Or would they go to 5 and 6, right after the first four populated channels. Thanks Roman
rkenosha is offline Find More Posts by rkenosha
Old May 06, 2012, 06:43 AM
Singapore
Joined Nov 2004
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenosha View Post
Thanks again everyone for the responses. Sometimes I have a hard time translating the english in the manual to readable and understandable. Would I connect the servos for roll and pitch on the camera gimbal to the last sets of pins, 7 and 8? Or would they go to 5 and 6, right after the first four populated channels. Thanks Roman
From Manual

16.PTZ connection and adjustment: if the motor channel is less than or equal to 6, then the channel 7 and channel 8 would be automatically converted to 2 axis PTZ stability output,the channel 7 ( M6 ) connect to pitch servo, the channel 8 ( M7 ) connect to the rolling servo,
almtmd is offline Find More Posts by almtmd
Old May 06, 2012, 09:32 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
No! M0 is the first pin or motor 1, I don't know why the numbered them that way it can be confusing.
M0=first pin/motor, M1= second pin/motor, M2= third pin/motor, M3= fourth pin/motor.

I hope that makes sense.
It is history. As far as I can recall, the manual and markings on the fc board for motor outputs are numbered starting from 0 upto 7 while the Channel inputs from the receiver are starting from 1 upto 8. Apparently there are two different numbering conventions and so some time later they want to get it standardised by changing the motor outputs from 1 to 8.

Hence the confusion you just mentioned..

cmPang
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Old May 06, 2012, 09:45 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpang View Post
It is history. As far as I can recall, the manual and markings on the fc board for motor outputs are numbered starting from 0 upto 7 while the Channel inputs from the receiver are starting from 1 upto 8. Apparently there are two different numbering conventions and so some time later they want to get it standardised by changing the motor outputs from 1 to 8.

cmPang
That would be good, 1 to 8 makes more sense & will make it simple for people to understand.
Old May 06, 2012, 09:49 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Any new Firmware?

Hi cmpang,
Do you know if there are any new firmware releases in the pipeline?
There hasn't been a new one for a little while now, they did seem to release quite a few in a short period of time.
Old May 06, 2012, 11:24 AM
Gravity Tester
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebstress View Post
Hi cmpang,
Do you know if there are any new firmware releases in the pipeline?
There hasn't been a new one for a little while now, they did seem to release quite a few in a short period of time.
I hope he answers you... My last two requests for this information have gone unanswered.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbemad View Post
Well I hope they are working on all the features they claim to have and I paid for and I am sure they are.
If I did not want these features I would have purchased a Naza.
No problem. It is just a matter of priority... the Rabbit team I know is a group of hard working people and responsible and respective about their products...

Although you might not appreciated it.. the frequent fw update do show that they care about their product..

cmPang
cmPang, Where are their priorities currently? Sorry to lay all this on you but since you are our only line of communication to/from the developers, there's not many options for gleaning up-to-date information... Is there a Chinese forum for Rabbit development we can monitor for progress? Also, it appears to me that there are a lot of people here who would be willing to help with testing and implementation if resources are an issue. I know I'm one of them.
KnimRod is offline Find More Posts by KnimRod
Old May 06, 2012, 11:30 AM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
298 Posts
Quote:

cmPang
Mr Pang. Thatīs correct. Very first versions of rabbit boards and manuals used the 0-7 numbering. But quite a few months ago both the board numberings and the manuals refer to them as 1-8 which in my opinion is much more logical.

I think only the very first boards were labeled with 0-7, as my first one bought in december 2011 already came with the 1-8 convention.
apejovic is offline Find More Posts by apejovic
Old May 06, 2012, 11:38 AM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
298 Posts
Some RAW footage

Me and the Rabbit equipped ConHexo were busy last month. Most of the days it was quite windy here in the Canary islands, and we were also limited by the quality of the Gopro 2 I used, but we ended getting some shots that after some post processing could do the job. This is some RAW footage:

Conhexo 950 Hexacopter April 2012 (2 min 51 sec)
apejovic is offline Find More Posts by apejovic
Old May 06, 2012, 11:40 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Hey KnimRod,
Haven't you been reading this thread

Love Flight have placed post's under (guess what) "Love Flight"

I have contacted them a couple times & got responses, I don't think they've got good English though, I only got very short responses.

I think there last post was on page 225. Post 3363.
I think they even put there Email address in a post somewhere back in this thread!?
Last edited by nebstress; May 06, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old May 06, 2012, 11:44 AM
Advanced Monkey
United Kingdom, England
Joined Nov 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apejovic View Post
Me and the Rabbit equipped ConHexo were busy last month. Most of the days it was quite windy here in the Canary islands, and we were also limited by the quality of the Gopro 2 I used, but we ended getting some shots that after some post processing could do the job. This is some RAW footage:

http://youtu.be/lXRlOL9ky1Q
Hi apejovic

that's great!

I'd seen your video on Youtube earlier today & had wondered what camera you used, GoPro, I'm very impressed!