HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:31 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
Well I could care less about his sarcasm or what he thinks.

All i can say is "Its said when one thinks he knows it all"

But hey I have better news my GPS shipped from goodluckbuy
Did you have to wait the 25 days or did it ship sooner. It seems to me that it was not 25 days.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpang View Post
May I suggest, for safety's sake, please remove all the props while doing the upgrade..

cmPang
Talking about blades, yes it is very important that you remove them while upgrading or even just testing and here is the reason why, I was lucky it was rotating slow and only got a few scrapes.
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Did you have to wait the 25 days or did it ship sooner. It seems to me that it was not 25 days.
No I only waited 2 weeks for them to ship, I paid for it on March 15th and they shipped March 31.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:38 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Talking about blades, yes it is very important that you remove them while upgrading or even just testing and here is the reason why, I was lucky it was rotating slow and only got a few scrapes.
and give up some performance by not using APC.. they act like blades...

I recall the fixed wing days while changing an APC prop, it is not until I have done all the prop installation that I discover my fingers are being scraped... the prop is so sharp that I didn't aware at the time it hurts me...

cmPang
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Last edited by cmpang; Apr 02, 2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 11:53 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
.. when do you look at the LEDs?
...BTW, I flew in 15mph winds this morning. ..
...If I do not have GPS, does auto landing work? .
we look at the LED while in the self test phase...especially when (for some reason) the test cannot get passed, then we could refer to the LED to find out which one is bad...

It is not recommended to use CF or Direction hold while in vigorous manuver.. so it should apply well under strong wind condition..

auto-landing depends on height lock... not GPS.. and it is good to know that AL works fine in the latest FW.. at least as I have tested it today...

cmPang
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:58 PM
Russia, Moscow, g. Moskva
Joined Dec 2011
12 Posts
Hello,

I've got a problem with my Rabbit. I connected it to the PC and tried updating it with the latest firmware. The process went up to 51% and stopped. There was a message in Chinese that I didn't understand. I pressed OK but nothing happened. I waited for about five minutes but there was no luck. then I disconnected the Rabbit from the PC. Now when I connect the battery all lights turn on and the motors beep. When I connect it to the PC the Rabbit can be seen in it's program but I can't upload the firmware. Have I totally bricked it or is there a way to bring it back to life again?
lacras is offline Find More Posts by lacras
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:17 PM
Gravity Tester
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacras View Post
Hello,

I've got a problem with my Rabbit. I connected it to the PC and tried updating it with the latest firmware. The process went up to 51% and stopped. There was a message in Chinese that I didn't understand. I pressed OK but nothing happened. I waited for about five minutes but there was no luck. then I disconnected the Rabbit from the PC. Now when I connect the battery all lights turn on and the motors beep. When I connect it to the PC the Rabbit can be seen in it's program but I can't upload the firmware. Have I totally bricked it or is there a way to bring it back to life again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpang View Post

there is a way to reset the board... see the attachment,
1. power off
2. use a piece of wire to short the two pins marked red,
3.plug USB cable onto the board
4. start up the GUI and do the firmware upgrade again
5. good luck..

cmPang
KnimRod is offline Find More Posts by KnimRod
Old Apr 02, 2012, 01:35 PM
Russia, Moscow, g. Moskva
Joined Dec 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnimRod View Post
Thanks a million! You've just saved my day! It all works fine now
lacras is offline Find More Posts by lacras
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:42 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,706 Posts
V,
Sorry about your accident. Please repost your photo and how it happened story here to help others be safe: --Multicopter Safety thread with accident and injury photos: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1144377
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Apr 02, 2012, 02:49 PM
APM Copter Developer
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Ferrara
Joined Apr 2009
193 Posts
Quote:
I'm very sorry for this, but there's a know rule in the "quad world": do not upgrade the firmware with the main lipo plugged!
This rule is applied to all the platform, also with ArduCopter.
It's normal that when updating the pwm signal to the esc can vary, because it is software that works to keep the engine rpm to zero, and if you are upgrading is obvious that the software is not running, so it can maintain a stable pwm signal to zero.
Of course, the authors of the Rabbit manual forgot to write it (I think).
Now for upgrade the Rabbit use only the usb power.
Marco67 is offline Find More Posts by Marco67
Old Apr 02, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Well it was my fault really, I was testing the Naza and everything was hot, I was looking for a spefic prob I been having with one motor being faster than the other 3.

And when I started motors again I did not pay attention and my arm was to close to the blades and i got clipped. that goes to show you, always pay attention to what you do and dont be careless about what you are doing, good thing is when you start the naza blades are only turning at 10% power and I was fast enough to move out of the way so not much harm done accept a few scrapes.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Feb 2011
57 Posts
hi,
I tested today the height lock with fw 1.205. The ultrasonic works pretty well. It sometimes react strangely to throttle movement but overall is ok. However I still can't get the barometer alti to work. The barometer value vary well in the GUI, so the sofware should have the value to handle. Also, the barometer is isolated from direct air pressure.
But when flying, I can't get a proper lock. I am trying to not touch at all the throttle but roll is on the same stick so diffcult not to move a little and I have no gps. In fact the barometer alti control seems to amplify throttle movement and every little throttle move make the kopter go up or down quicly but no altitude lock.
Note that to hover my quad, trottle stick is not at the exact middle.
Any idea why ?
my64 is offline Find More Posts by my64
Old Apr 02, 2012, 06:35 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
I ordered the GPS module from GLB when it first came out a couple weeks ago. They are shipping cause I ordered DHL delivery and it just came to me today.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:33 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Do we have a GPS 101 post here?
Does the TX on the board go to the TX or RX of the GPS?
How do I know the GPS is talking and aquired satellites?
my GPS LED turns RED on power up.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Old Apr 02, 2012, 07:48 PM
United Kingdom, England, Plymouth
Joined Nov 2011
197 Posts
Do you have the Rabbit gps manual if not search google it.
mustbemad is offline Find More Posts by mustbemad