HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:11 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar2r View Post
Is there any difference between this items?
They are marked the same: ULN2803
Size is the difference, one is DIL, the other one is SMD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakiskoz View Post
Hi
Can any one inform me if DYP-ME007 sonar work with Rabbit

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/ultrasoni...ce-sensor.html
I had that one working with the very first firmware, but with the newer firmware it stopped working, the displayed value toggles between the real value and 2000, seems that every 2nd measurement is not working as it shows the max value. Maybe they changed the measurement rate and the module is to slow now...

buy this one, it works fine:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/New-Arduino-U...item3a6f2f57f7
(Jo)Hannes is offline Find More Posts by (Jo)Hannes
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:12 AM
APM Copter Developer
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Ferrara
Joined Apr 2009
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ar2r View Post
There is ULN2830 on scheme. Can i use ULN2803? It has the same pins count. There is no way to find ULN2830 in stock.
Of course! I use same system in my ArduCopter quads, and with ULN2003 i've 7 output, with ULN2803 are 8:

http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/ar...ource=activity
Marco67 is offline Find More Posts by Marco67
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:30 AM
Greece, West Macedonia, Kozani
Joined Nov 2008
509 Posts
Thank you for immediate response

Sakis

Quote:

I had that one working with the very first firmware, but with the newer firmware it stopped working, the displayed value toggles between the real value and 2000, seems that every 2nd measurement is not working as it shows the max value. Maybe they changed the measurement rate and the module is to slow now...

buy this one, it works fine:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/New-Arduino-U...item3a6f2f57f7
sakiskoz is offline Find More Posts by sakiskoz
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:32 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Hi cmpang...the voltage after connecting and checked at various points on the board, is 4.2v.

By the way, I reinstalled FW1.202 yesterday and left it overnight, and it had reset itself back to the standard default settings when I checked this morning.

Rob

Edit: Just checking internet and it seems that automatic resets for firmware defaults happen often with routers and other electronic equipment, and normally it is the firmware that is the problem.

So, lets just recap on the problem.

1. Firmware gets loaded correctly and no problems here. In fact it is an easy process.
2. Adjustments get made to the settings as per attached image
3. After time, generally overnight (longer than 12 hours) it resets itself to firmware default settings.

Maybe it does not like my settings?

Rob
ok i will your info to the team ...

cmPang
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:38 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
I try it today.. auto landing do improved but still some problem in the latest firmware .. it seems to have difficulties when the rotor is inside the baro - ultrasonic transition zone around 2 meters..

I would suggest to test it out yourselves and use AL cautiously..

still talking with the team to seek out better algorithms

cmPang
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:09 AM
Brunei Darussalam
Joined Aug 2010
84 Posts
Hi,

Quote:
By the way, I reinstalled FW1.202 yesterday and left it overnight, and it had reset itself back to the standard default settings when I checked this morning.
Same issue for me (for the 1201 it was the same) . After uploading the new 1202 firmware , performed the calibration the quad was working fine.

Go back from work and same the Settings all gone and the quad become unstable.

Dont have this issue with the 11.01 firmware.

So i downgrade back to the firmrware 11.01 and now the magnetic sensor is not working. have tried to upload the firmware 11.01 again without any success. in fact i have to wait few minutes (about 20 minutes and all of sudden the magnetic sensor is back to life).

It looks like that the firmwares 1201 and 1202 upload did no reset all parameters properly (parameters registry or memory perhaps) or perhaps some capacitors when discharging slowly has some effects on the setup.

with the firmware 11.01 i have no issue at all. perhaps the dev team can advise us for how to reset properly the Rabbit.

Cheers
didierj is offline Find More Posts by didierj
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:41 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by didierj View Post
Hi,

....with the firmware 11.01 i have no issue at all. perhaps the dev team can advise us for how to reset properly the Rabbit.

Cheers
ok.. so there are two similiar cases now and I will certainly ask the team to look at it seriously..

cmPang
Old Mar 20, 2012, 06:22 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpang View Post
ok.. so there are two similiar cases now and I will certainly ask the team to look at it seriously..

cmPang
For a minute I thought I was the only one....and my board was the problem...lets hope that they can resolve the FW soon.

Rob

Edit: It looks like the same problem is occurring with others in China. From http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/viewthread.p...extra=page%3D1
"Brush, and I regarded as direct a new version; feel the behavior of the host computer debugging software weird (win7 32-bit); open the debugging software set up and close, and then later, when opened, set a good option some did not, and some did not set there; sometimes normal, sometimes even no"
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Last edited by robone; Mar 20, 2012 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:01 AM
United Kingdom, England, Plymouth
Joined Nov 2011
197 Posts
Could someboby please stop me from pulling the rest of my hair out and write step by step instructions on how to load this programme. I have spent many hours trying to do it. I am getting close to throwing the laptop and the rabbit through the window.
I have Window 7 and Winzip is loaded and I dont know what a command promt is.
Not very good with computors but have managed to load Arducopter,Copercontrol, Flymentor, Helicommand, Fy91q without to many problems but the rabbit is driving me mad.
Please treat me like a complete fool and dont miss anything out. Step by step please.
mustbemad is offline Find More Posts by mustbemad
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:20 AM
Master on breaking props
España, Comunidad de Madrid, Madrid
Joined Nov 2011
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Jo)Hannes View Post
Ooops, that was a typo, should be ULN2803 ;-)
I have not tested this yet, but it should work.
Sorry, but... I think Rabbit´s led ouput pins are "ground controlled". Maybe?
Manolo_B is offline Find More Posts by Manolo_B
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:32 AM
Canada, ON, Cochrane District
Joined Oct 2011
742 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbemad View Post
Could someboby please stop me from pulling the rest of my hair out and write step by step instructions on how to load this programme. I have spent many hours trying to do it. I am getting close to throwing the laptop and the rabbit through the window.
I have Window 7 and Winzip is loaded and I dont know what a command promt is.
Not very good with computors but have managed to load Arducopter,Copercontrol, Flymentor, Helicommand, Fy91q without to many problems but the rabbit is driving me mad.
Please treat me like a complete fool and dont miss anything out. Step by step please.
What issues are you having, i just got my Rabbit yesterday and installed the programme and updaterd the firmware on my windows 7 netbook, no issue (just the screen size and how packed the options are, that needs a lot of work, the gui sucks)
Was a breeze compared to getting the kk board programmed.
cr8tive_leo is offline Find More Posts by cr8tive_leo
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:43 AM
Trier, Germany
Joined Aug 2007
514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo_B View Post
Sorry, but... I think Rabbit´s led ouput pins are "ground controlled". Maybe?
DAMN!
You are right, looks like that! So the ULN2803 will not work in that case...
(Jo)Hannes is offline Find More Posts by (Jo)Hannes
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:47 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
For a minute I thought I was the only one....and my board was the problem...lets hope that they can resolve the FW soon.

Rob

Edit: It looks like the same problem is occurring with others in China. From http://bbs.5imx.com/bbs/viewthread.p...extra=page%3D1
"Brush, and I regarded as direct a new version; feel the behavior of the host computer debugging software weird (win7 32-bit); open the debugging software set up and close, and then later, when opened, set a good option some did not, and some did not set there; sometimes normal, sometimes even no"
Rob,
I have asked the team about both of you have the same problem. The reply is may be not sufficient supply from USB. 4.2V is marginal and he suggested to try again.. every time before connecting the USB, connect your LiPo first to make sure supply is adequate.
I know I know, I have told them that you have confirmed the setting right after each connection, but they still want you to try to connect the battery to see if the problem presist first...

Regarding those raised in the Chinese forum, yes some users have the same issue and Rabbit has answer them exactly as they have told me..

so for the moment, may be you can also give that a try.. and feel free to let me know if that doesn't work so I can follow...

cmPang
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:54 AM
Brunei Darussalam
Joined Aug 2010
84 Posts
Hi

Many thanks cmpang and will do what you are suggesting and let you know tomorrow if the issue is solved.

Cheers
didierj is offline Find More Posts by didierj
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:59 AM
Expat
Japan
Joined Apr 2010
3,010 Posts
Where are people buying the rabbit? GLB says "out of stock". Do you order from there anyway and they ship it out eventually?
TheNiceGuy is offline Find More Posts by TheNiceGuy