HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:34 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2009
1,369 Posts
Thanks TC. You've shown Rabbit to be based on lifted MultiWii source but I'm not ready to let MultiWii videos or GPS compatibility represent the same on Rabbit just yet. Besides, the latest GPS hold vid on the forum above looked down right dangerous. Almost as if the guy was trying to coax it into flying over and take off his fingers; and the copter looked like it really wanted to

/And why do people grab flying copters with their hands. It's like the guy juggling chainsaws, you know it's just a matter of time.
patricklupo is online now Find More Posts by patricklupo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:38 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Well, you can think whatever you want, but I disassembled the GPS portion of firmware and it is exactly 1:1 copypaste of multiwii, so yes, it will work with any serial nmea GPS. You don't have to believe me, and you can waste time waiting for some chinaman to reply to you the same thing (or probably just tell you "buy our GPS cuz its 1337".
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:49 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,368 Posts
my newly build micro 170mm baby quad...
cmpang is offline Find More Posts by cmpang
Old Mar 18, 2012, 03:50 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,368 Posts
baby quad video today... trust me, very happy....

Baby Quad 120318 (1 min 37 sec)
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:00 AM
Model Bender
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,870 Posts
...much better.. now lets see some loops & rolls!
OzDragonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:04 AM
香港
Joined Sep 2004
1,368 Posts
new firmware from Rabbit... I've not try it yet... too tired after flying a day under the sun..
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:33 AM
APM Copter Developer
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Ferrara
Joined Apr 2009
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Well, you can think whatever you want, but I disassembled the GPS portion of firmware and it is exactly 1:1 copypaste of multiwii, so yes, it will work with any serial nmea GPS. You don't have to believe me, and you can waste time waiting for some chinaman to reply to you the same thing (or probably just tell you "buy our GPS cuz its 1337".
Thanks Timecop for this important news!
So also the Mediatek MT3329 GPS we use with ArduCopter should work, right? Work is at 4 Hz and 10 Hz in standard NMEA ...
Marco67 is offline Find More Posts by Marco67
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:35 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpang View Post
new firmware from Rabbit... I've not try it yet... too tired after flying a day under the sun..
what is new about this new firmware?
could you ask to the team why ultrafast pwm and 400hz doesn t work with simonk software?
titeuf007 is offline Find More Posts by titeuf007
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Hi cmpang...I reloaded the previous firmware and it worked, then I loaded the latest firmware again, because I really want to make it work. I have spent the last few hours, initially setting it up and then disconnecting and connecting again and again and again. Over the last 20 plus or minus connections via usb cable, on 2 occasions it reverted back to the status as that came with the firmware.

Unless someone can give me a reasonable reason as to why this is happening, I believe that this firmware has a problem and could be dangerous.

Please could you discuss this with the developers. I know that mine is probably a special case as I am using ESC's that require 500hz signal, which instantly start spinning when connected, but, there could be other repercussions that one does not know about.

Rob
if someone stole your code and you knew they were going to steal it again would yu write something into an update of your firmware to make sure your code wouldnt work correctly on said board?

or it would appear that since 2.0pre latest rabbit firmware seem to have problems getting onto rabbit boards correctly for some?
cybadredd is offline Find More Posts by cybadredd
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:37 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco67 View Post
Thanks Timecop for this important news!
So also the Mediatek MT3329 GPS we use with ArduCopter should work, right? Work is at 4 Hz and 10 Hz in standard NMEA ...
yes
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:40 AM
APM Copter Developer
Joined Apr 2009
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
yes
Ohhh sounds good Timecop!
I try and leave my report here on therad.

Bests

Marco - (ArduCopter Dev Team)
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:44 AM
APM Copter Developer
Joined Apr 2009
193 Posts
Quote:
Thanks cmpang for this!
I can confirm, with this one the firmware update on my Rabbit (V1.102) work fine!
Now i've 1.202 installed... :P
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Mar 2012
101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959 View Post
I would say that if you want to fly like Warthox you will need gene splicing from an alien................ No earthly creature I know can fly something that wildly and that aggressively, yet not have one discernable thing on his quad that could be used for orientation.
He does, look which way the lipo points
cybadredd is offline Find More Posts by cybadredd
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:42 AM
Joined Nov 2011
4 Posts
Hi, does someone knows if the GPS (i got a FMP04 with Paul Blake's bob) has to be connected on Rx-Tx cross or Rx-Rx like on the Flyduino?
Beru is offline Find More Posts by Beru
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:44 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Hi cmpang....does this by chance resolve the problem with the FW 1.201 losing settings when connecting either battery or USB?? Did you get a reply from the developers about the problem?

I have gone back to FW 1.101 and went through the same process as I did for 1.201 and did not get any problem losing settings.

I will load FW1.202 and thoroughly test with props off and only on a USB to see if it retains the settings.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone