HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:03 PM
Model Bender
Australia, NSW, Newcastle
Joined Jun 2004
2,871 Posts
..we've seen vids of rabbits stable flying.. how well does it handle acro modes?

It is as capable as MW as seen in the warthox videos?

mwc quad // mt2208 motor (2 min 24 sec)

Seeing those insane maneuvers is starting to swing my opinion...
OzDragonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OzDragonFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:06 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
I don't do acro. I built mine to carry a camer under it. If you want to know if it's "Warthox Capable" you would probably have to ask Warthox to build one. I would say that most of us bought this board for stability.
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Last edited by randall1959; Mar 17, 2012 at 10:51 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:50 PM
It started with a red biplane
Joined Nov 2011
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apejovic View Post
Today I tried PTZ stability and YES, leaving channel 7 free of switches and assigning a pot to that channel Ive got both PTZ stability and manual control over the gimbal.

It would be nice to have the possibility of assigning another pot to channel 8 and have full manual control.
Hi Apejovic
What do you mean by '' a pot to that channel'' ? How do we do that? He's it just a bridge or what? could you plese explain or post a picture?
Thanks
tony3di is offline Find More Posts by tony3di
Old Mar 17, 2012, 10:56 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzDragonFlyer View Post
..we've seen vids of rabbits stable flying.. how well does it handle acro modes?

It is as capable as MW as seen in the warthox videos?

Seeing those insane maneuvers is starting to swing my opinion...
If you wish to do acro go for a FF with the MW port or TCs AfroFlight32. If you wish to fly like Warthox does then sell your soul...

If you wish a good board for everything apart than acro , CHEAP, plug and flight, baro, ultrasound, GPS, RTF, ATH, height lock, head lock, gimbal stabilization OCTO support...etc...etc...etc then get a rabbit, absolutely nothing compares to it in its price range.

The performance of this board has been already proven with many videos and happy users (evidently Im one of them)
apejovic is offline Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:00 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony3di View Post
Hi Apejovic
What do you mean by '' a pot to that channel'' ? How do we do that? He's it just a bridge or what? could you plese explain or post a picture?
Thanks
Just set a pot of your receiver to channel 7, in my case with the turnigy x9 Im using pit trim on channel 7. If you use a switch then you can not adjust the camera to desired positions but only to two of them (normally the extremes of the gimbal travel).

On monday Ill record a video, it will be much easier to understand with some images.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:10 PM
Joined Nov 2011
197 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apejovic View Post
Just set a pot of your receiver to channel 7, in my case with the turnigy x9 Im using pit trim on channel 7. If you use a switch then you can not adjust the camera to desired positions but only to two of them (normally the extremes of the gimbal travel).

On monday Ill record a video, it will be much easier to understand with some images.
I understand now.
Im also using turnigy 9x so i can pit trim channel 7 .
happy days. Thanks Apejovic
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:14 PM
Joined Nov 2011
197 Posts
Im going to use Ch5 for AltHold and stability, Ch6 for future GPS, and Ch7 Gimbal
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined Nov 2011
197 Posts
[quote=... If you wish to fly like warthox does then sell your soul...:d:d

[/quote]

Very funny LOL
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:25 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
I would say that if you want to fly like Warthox you will need gene splicing from an alien................ No earthly creature I know can fly something that wildly and that aggressively, yet not have one discernable thing on his quad that could be used for orientation.
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:36 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
MultiWii does that, but I guess now you have to depend on your closed-sores Chinese overlords to deliver features you want, instead of adding them yourself.
Zing!
Multiwii, on your afroflight, the FF or which board? Maybe Ill try wour beloved multiwii once your 32 port is really mature, Im following your posts on your thread and I think theres still a lot of work to do for it to be a real easy option for most users, rabbit has flown with no issues (apart of the GPS, AUTOLANDING suicides, but even MK suffered that in its beginnings) since its first version and the rythm of upgrades was one per month which is more than enough for a mature product (mature= flies well and has proven to have rock solid bullet proof hardware)

Ive lost the count of how many upgrades you had to make to your port since you started it, PPM sum only, no ppmsum only.....etc...etc etc

Today on another thread a guy has gently ask which way to go for a 1200$ complete AP multicopter and you have suggested him to buy a 1000$ WKM board which leaves him 200$ for the frame, motors, esc, gimbal etc....seems a bit unrealistic.

Only way to achive this guys goal (same as mine) is not spending 1000$ on 50$ of hardware, and that achievable by using a cheap but reliable board, I did achieve that with the rabbit. It surprises me why you are recomending me MW while you did not recommend him that same option for his AP multicopter only a few hours ago, arent you completely sure of your own project, or are you just coming here to keep this board?

You used to help people and be an example for other RCG users but in all your posts in this thread you did not help anybody, you did the oposite.

Timecop me and many RCG users have respected you and your posts and even enjoyed your battles with Sidney (DJI). Me, and the ones who write in this post are not Sidney, but members of this forum who have simply chosen and are enjoying a board you have bashed even before it was on the market. Did you manage to get yours working? Did you really try it?

You are the one who started all this MW vs Rabbit , how much mw code is really there inside of the rabbit, 5 lines, 10% 80%.... You should do like AlexinParis be sincere and recognize some facts about this board you hate so much.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:41 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
Whoa, k, I think I said more than once my goal is crashing and flying around, if you wanna carry $1000 worth of photo gear with $50 hardware, please DO IT NOW.
Why are you even wasting time writing all that stuff.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:52 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Whoa, k, I think I said more than once my goal is crashing and flying around, if you wanna carry $1000 worth of photo gear with $50 hardware, please DO IT NOW.
Why are you even wasting time writing all that stuff.
I AM DOING IT, and it works fine, thanks.

And yes, seems youre right, Ive spent precious time writting a post trying to comunicate with you and talk about your attitude in this thread, but it has proven to be a WASTE OF TIME.

Dont worry I wont waste my time again.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 11:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
Thank you. By the way, I bought rabbit to use as a development platform.
When I found out it's not the processor I would want to play with, I got rid of it.
Pretty simple. I don't care "GPS, RTH, ATH (??), Sonar", and other crap they lifted from multiwii devs.
If I can't use hardware the way I want, it's going to the shelf or gets sold. No hard feelings bro, I hope your $50 AP business is successful.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:02 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2009
1,384 Posts
Did I miss the videos of the Rabbit doing RTH? Not that I don't believe it can, but how well is the answer I'm looking for. CmPang showed off GPS pos hold in an enclosed area and, while it looked good, I've seen GPS hold on other FCs do so poorly in even mild wind that they were better off (and safer) not ever attempting it again.

Also, anyone have this FC working with a GPS other than the one designed for it? I just can't get past the 18 gram weight and size of the GPS board. There's smaller, lighter and more sensitive modules out there for the same price so it'd be nice to have some choice.

Please post any videos showing pos hold and rth in real live outdoor wind conditions, flaws and all.
patricklupo is offline Find More Posts by patricklupo
Old Mar 18, 2012, 04:07 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
You can check here for examples of GPS operation.

And I said before, any NMEA-talking module will work.