Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:40 PM
Gravity Tester
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco67 View Post
Cool thanks Rob!
I try now to update the board (just for test it), and when i click over "Updgrate" (LOL) i see "Device Initiali".... and nothing other...
I've the board connected only to the usb port, no rx/esc/bec...
Marco, check my recent posts.. My Rabbit was delivered from GLB with firmware version 1.102 and this is exactly what happens to me when trying to upgrade. Everyone else seems to have 1.101 or earlier.

Is this a bug or intended function of 1.102? cmpang, can you address this with developers? What's different in 1.102?
KnimRod is offline Find More Posts by KnimRod
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:45 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,303 Posts
I am flying my rabbit with a Hitec Aurora 9 radio, and in the Gui under reciever channel area, I cannot get any values to show, I push the display data button, but it shows nothing, I suspect this may also be causing my next problem in that when I check any of the boxes on the right of the Gui for hight lock, auto stability, head lock, and I unplug the usb cable, plug it back in and restart the Gui, the boxes are not checked???? other than that I had a very successful first few flights with the rabbit today
antennahead is online now Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:47 PM
APM Copter Developer
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Ferrara
Joined Apr 2009
193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnimRod View Post
Marco, check my recent posts.. My Rabbit was delivered from GLB with firmware version 1.102 and this is exactly what happens to me when trying to upgrade. Everyone else seems to have 1.101 or earlier.

Is this a bug or intended function of 1.102? cmpang, can you address this with developers? What's different in 1.102?
Thanks Rob! Ok, i waiting info from cmpang and the dev team, very poor support for this board and orrible windows interface... the only good thing is that it seems to fly well, but it is too little!
About manual 1.2 in chinese: you find inside the zip you linked me!
You can copy and paste all the chinese text inside the pdf and use a good translator... i try now and work fine!

Marco - AC Dev Team
Marco67 is offline Find More Posts by Marco67
Last edited by Marco67; Mar 17, 2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:01 PM
APM Copter Developer
Italy, Emilia-Romagna, Ferrara
Joined Apr 2009
193 Posts
Translated with Google from manual 1.2:

Firmware upgrade:

First click on "select the upgrade file" button in the dialog box, select the appropriate upgrade file (if the file is the wrong choice will be given prompt, you need to re-select), and then point to the right of the "upgrade" button. start the firmware upgrade, and will display the firmware upgrade process. (The upgrade process, please do not interrupt the upgrade process, otherwise, the original firmware and new firmware will make the flight control were impaired.)
Marco67 is offline Find More Posts by Marco67
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:03 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco67 View Post
Cool thanks Rob!
I try now to update the board (just for test it), and when i click over "Updgrate" (LOL) i see "Device Initiali".... and nothing other...
I've the board connected only to the usb port, no rx/esc/bec...
Show us a screen shot of your settings and maybe we can help when we see it.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined May 2006
822 Posts
Smoked rabbit

Bought an Ideafly with Rabbit controller. NO instructions with it. Plugged battery in without connecting balancing plug. Beeps, lights, etc. Then I plugged in balance plug and poof. Luckily I unplugged very quickly, but not before smoking something.

When all else fails, google the instructions - then read them.

I think it was insulation only on one wire of the balance tap. Everything else appears to be uncooked... what are the chances?

Kenpilot is offline Find More Posts by Kenpilot
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:44 PM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Why don't you post it here so we can all benefit, maybe.
Cause its already posted here, its the one Cmpang posted with the gps firmware.
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
this one http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1289
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:04 PM
Gravity Tester
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpilot View Post
Bought an Ideafly with Rabbit controller. NO instructions with it. Plugged battery in without connecting balancing plug. Beeps, lights, etc. Then I plugged in balance plug and poof. Luckily I unplugged very quickly, but not before smoking something.

I think it was insulation only on one wire of the balance tap. Everything else appears to be uncooked... what are the chances?

When I got my IFly-4/Rabbit, I checked the balance wires. The cable was backwards as delivered. Good thing I checked. Check everything!
Old Mar 17, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined May 2006
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnimRod View Post
When I got my IFly-4/Rabbit, I checked the balance wires. The cable was backwards as delivered. Good thing I checked. Check everything!
Did you have instructions with yours? Also what exactly is channel 0? I have lots of work ahead to determine whether or not I bricked it.

That's good advice to check everything. Will do from here on in.
Kenpilot is offline Find More Posts by Kenpilot
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:06 PM
Gravity Tester
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Did you have instructions with yours? Also what exactly is channel 0? I have lots of work ahead to determine whether or not I bricked it.

That's good advice to check everything. Will do from here on in.
No instructions with the Quad at all... I used the english instructions found earlier in this thread. I would recommend reading this thread from beginning to end. Everything you need to know to get your quad flying is here.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:15 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
305 Posts
Quote:

Dont worry a few months ago when I started using the rabbit same happened to me, blue lead went into flames. Since that that board has changed 3 frames and is actually sitting in my big ConHexo, fortunately no damage was taken to the board.

Now ive got 3 boards and did not use the balance plug on any of them
apejovic is online now Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:18 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
305 Posts
Today I tried PTZ stability and YES, leaving channel 7 free of switches and assigning a pot to that channel Ive got both PTZ stability and manual control over the gimbal.

It would be nice to have the possibility of assigning another pot to channel 8 and have full manual control.
apejovic is online now Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apejovic View Post
It would be nice to have the possibility of assigning another pot to channel 8 and have full manual control.
MultiWii does that, but I guess now you have to depend on your closed-sores Chinese overlords to deliver features you want, instead of adding them yourself.
Zing!
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 17, 2012, 09:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Here's my quad with everything unchecked except that I have height hold H checked and on Ch 7. My receiver Ch 7 runs into Ch7 of the Rabbit. I'm pretty happy with the way it flies.
The funny thing is that if you have height hold engaged and fly it over something that makes it rise above 6 feet or so, it stays there because it reverts from Sonar to Baro.
Rabbit height hold. (6 min 54 sec)
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)