SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 16, 2012, 03:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Even with all the earlier controversy I'm still very glad I got one. It flies as smoothly as any FCB I've flown to date. Now, with the addition of vibration isolating motor mounts, I feel my quad is on par with just about anything out there.
randall1959 is offline Find More Posts by randall1959
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:21 PM
Spain.
Joined Jul 2009
303 Posts
Hi randall wich motor mounts do you use? I have square arms and i cant find ones for me....
Nosepo is offline Find More Posts by Nosepo
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:43 PM
Spain, CN
Joined Dec 2011
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpang View Post
Actually I haven't try that before, just quoting the development's reply....

let us know if it really works...

cmPang

Gimbal is ready, unfortunately my roll axis servo is broken so I can only test tilt, everything ready for tomorrow´s test...if first rain of the year in the Canary Islands allows so...
apejovic is offline Find More Posts by apejovic
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Looking really nice Apejovic, thats like I want soon I get a few more flying hours.
vewdew is offline Find More Posts by vewdew
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosepo View Post
Hi randall wich motor mounts do you use? I have square arms and i cant find ones for me....
I have these but I had to modify them. I mounted them sort of backwards.
http://www.shop.aglhobbiesllc.com/Fr...ion-Mount.html
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:22 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,291 Posts
Did I just burn up my rabbit?, I was finished with throttle calibration and hooked up the usb cable to set all of my sensors and channel asignments, but did not disconnect my flight battery before plugging in the usb cable, the Led's on the board were rolling and I started the gui, the settings showed for a brief second then all went to zero. at the same time the rolling led's stopped and only one red led comes on solid, I disconnect the usb and flight battery, then tried to reconnect the usb only to the board, but still only one red led comes on and no comunication to the gui???
antennahead is offline Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:33 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Doesn't sound good.
I just did some testing and found out that if I want auto stability on all the time uncheck every box.
Now I have everything unchecked but one. I put height hold on Ch 7 with just the H box checked. I'm running my DX7 "Aux2" into the input for ch 7. I'm getting very good height hold when I turn on the switch and complete disengagement of the function when I turn the switch off.
With everything else unchecked, it's rock solid stable. If I checked all three boxes for auto stable on either ch5 or ch6, unless I run my flap ch through it, it is not very stable. Tonight is a good test because it's kind of breezy.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:46 PM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by randall1959 View Post
Doesn't sound good.
I just did some testing and found out that if I want auto stability on all the time uncheck every box.
Now I have everything unchecked but one. I put height hold on Ch 7 with just the H box checked. I'm running my DX7 "Aux2" into the input for ch 7. I'm getting very good height hold when I turn on the switch and complete disengagement of the function when I turn the switch off.
With everything else unchecked, it's rock solid stable. If I checked all three boxes for auto stable on either ch5 or ch6, unless I run my flap ch through it, it is not very stable. Tonight is a good test because it's kind of breezy.

Uhmmmm you sure? cause its suppost to be ON when you put a check on the box no check its suppost to be off.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 10:47 PM
Joined Jan 2012
404 Posts
But hey who knows, I will try it next week cause the weather here been lousy.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:07 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,291 Posts
OK.just did some more tests, if I turn on the tx and plug in the flight battery as if to fly, everything seems to function normally, but if I just plug in the usb cable as if to get into the gui all led's flash on so fast you can hardly see them, then just the 2nd led from the left (with the led's facing away from you) comes on solid red.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
Uhmmmm you sure? cause its suppost to be ON when you put a check on the box no check its suppost to be off.
The test I just did shows that when it's checked, it has to be on a switch. I tried both checking all three boxes and checking none. In the 10 mph winds we are having this evening it was obvious that with the boxes checked and not on a switch from my receiver, it was much less stable than having none checked.
I also found if you don't have anything checked on height hold, you simply hold the throttle and it will stick. If you have it checked without it being on a switch, it does nothing. I put my height hold on Ch7, with just the H checked. When I flipped the switch on, it held position once I let go of the throttle. It stayed there until I turned the switch off, at that point it either climbed of started descending.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:08 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
OK.just did some more tests, if I turn on the tx and plug in the flight battery as if to fly, everything seems to function normally, but if I just plug in the usb cable as if to get into the gui all led's flash on so fast you can hardly see them, then just the 2nd led from the left (with the led's facing away from you) comes on solid red.
Try plugging in the GUI to the usb after you plug in the balance plug. Maybe that will reset it?
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:38 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,291 Posts
Thanks for the quick replies randall!!!, I did a quick seach through the thread and found your post where you said that you were never able to use the usb cable that came with your rabbit, so.......I found another cable ant it worked!!!, so somehow I burnt ot the original cable. Now before I burn another cable..... to see the tx settings in the gui I need to have the balance plug on the flight battery connected at the same time as the usb cable???
Old Mar 16, 2012, 11:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
You just plug in the usb cord and turn on your transmitter. The only time you need the battery is when you calibrate the low voltage alarm and then you just plug in the balance plug. You don't need to plug in the main cable from the battery.
The usb powers the board. Not the battery. Never plug in the main battery cable when you plug in the usb cable. That's probably what burned it. You are one lucky dude
To calibrate the low voltage alarm you need a digital battery tester. If your voltages are 4.15 4.15 4.18, you enter 415 415 418 and hit calibrate or verify.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 12:14 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Feb 2004
7,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
But hey who knows, I will try it next week cause the weather here been lousy.
Untitled (1 min 54 sec)
It has been my conclusion from testing and retesting that if you want something on all the time to uncheck any boxes, but if you want control over something, check the appropriate box, then connect your receiver channal output to the corresponding channel input for the FCB. I also found out that by just checking one box (H) for height hold, gives that much more clearly defined authority than checking both boxes.
Last edited by randall1959; Mar 17, 2012 at 08:10 AM.