HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:55 AM
Joined Jun 2011
165 Posts
Discussion
Motor wont run all of a sudden. Need help troubleshooting it. Bixler AKA Sky Surfer

I changed to a new remote/reciever as I was having issue with my old one freezing up. Now the motor wont start at all. All other channels work fine. I even hooked up my old transmitter/receiver and still nothing at all. Is there a way to test the motor itself? What else could it be ? There is a little pack covered in plastic betwen the battery and motor, could part of that be bad? Maybe a wire ? Strange the motor stopped right after I did the first swap. Could use some help trouble shooting this.

Thank you
dllhg is offline Find More Posts by dllhg
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 03:07 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
11,620 Posts
The 'little pack covered in plastic' is your Electronic Speed Controller (ESC). If that had failed then 'yes' it would prevent the motor from running but there is no reason why it should have failed when it wasn't even being used.

ESC's have to arm themselves which is usually done by closing the throttle. It's possible that your new Tx has the throttle reversed so try moving the throttle stick to both fully open and fully closed positions and see if you get the ESC/motor making it's beep noise to indicate it's armed.

Best remove the prop while you do all of this just incase it comes to life unexpectedly
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Dec 31, 2011, 01:30 AM
Joined Jun 2011
165 Posts
Fixed it, thanks.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Jun 2011
165 Posts
throttle trim was set too high when binding/powering on