SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:09 PM
Joined Dec 2011
66 Posts
Discussion
Syma S033g Master-hand mode and vernier adjustment knob?

Hi all,

Newbie here. Anyway, in the manual for my Syma S033g, it says that there are 2 modes, beginner and master-hand.

From the name of the first mode, you can tell what it is but what is the master-hand mode?

What additional things does it let you control?

Also, I don't understand exactly what the vernier adjustment knob does?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Nelatonin
Nelatonin is offline Find More Posts by Nelatonin
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2011, 02:25 PM
Joined Dec 2011
72 Posts
Just a little help!

The only differences in control is the push button on the lower right of the control. It will give two speeds to the tail rotor. The idea is that you can move forward or backward with greater speed. That makes some but not a whole lot of difference. Check out my mods posted in the Heli talk section for the S033g. These will really help it to do better. Have funů

Oh yah, the turn pot control is the trim. If you come up off the ground and hover, it will tend to turn one way or the other. If you turn this control one way or the other it will give it a neutral hover position in the air so your turning will then be done with the right lever control. Hope this helps!
rcwatchman is offline Find More Posts by rcwatchman
Old Dec 30, 2011, 04:39 PM
Joined Dec 2011
66 Posts
Hi rcwatchman,

I was actually using your dual rotor mod and I am very sad to say that it made no difference.

Here in the north of Australia, we get wind quite a lot and we have no school indoor gyms and stuff (only open, outdoor ones) so I have no where to fly without any wind.

I just cant get the helicopter to go forwards and backwards. :'(

I am going to try your mod again but this time, maybe at 5 am when there is (hopefully) no wind.

Now to the rotor: so if I push that button, it goes at a greater speed? Maybe with your mod and that push of a button, it will actually go forwards and backwards?

Hmmm...I will try that.

Did you have any problems going forward and backward? Apart from the dual rotor mod, did you use any other fixes for this?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 07:30 PM
Joined Dec 2011
72 Posts
To: Nelatonin

I will have to agree with you. If you have any wind the S033g does not do well. The extra power is activated when that button is pushed in even at that you will have to push the right lever all the way forward. But if you have a constant breeze this heli will as we say be gone with the wind. But I have two of these so I was able to test one with and one without the double rotor. The double rotor wins out every time. But really, to fly in the wind you will have to get a stronger heli altogether. And that means $$$$.

I fly outside late at night. Usually the wind is all gone by then.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:06 PM
Joined Dec 2011
66 Posts
Last edited by Nelatonin; Dec 31, 2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: accidentaly double posted
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:08 PM
Joined Dec 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwatchman View Post
I fly outside late at night. Usually the wind is all gone by then.
Good idea.

One more thing, would you say that it is flyable in a house?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 10:51 PM
Joined Dec 2011
72 Posts
In the house???

I would not fly it in the house, unless the area is really big. Its not super fast but if you hit something with this its going to leave marks. The blades are heavy and they will damage things they hit.
Old Jan 03, 2012, 01:37 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwatchman View Post
I would not fly it in the house, unless the area is really big. Its not super fast but if you hit something with this its going to leave marks. The blades are heavy and they will damage things they hit.
Like Christmas trees......
JohnTinker is offline Find More Posts by JohnTinker
Old Jan 06, 2012, 11:54 PM
Joined Feb 2009
8 Posts
s033g

i just got my red 27mgz chopper today. i have flown it 3 times so far. i have a wind speed gauge. i will not put it up if wind is above 3 mph. i like evening for zero wind

it has been a little quirky about losing connection with radio. i have been lucky to full throttle out of hard landings. i have flown 6 channel, 4 channel fixed pitch and coaxial helis. i am really having to dismiss my left hand wanting to fly the rudder. the easy thing is if i get confused, i let the right hand off and just watch left hand throttle . it does like to climb with turns or stops. i just lower throttle to anticipate those maneuvers.

i would suggest to first time fliers that you lift off fast and adjust throttle back for takeoff. it likes to fall over sideways if you try slow. this copter does not fly sideways and you can't control that unless up get two feet up quick i also wouldn't fly higher than ten feet for awhile. just to see how your heli responds to your radio.

yes, more channels let you control more. to be honest, i have had a blast with this fun copter. fantastic night light show. i don't want too much speed in my front yard for many reasons. this is a low stress, fun flying experience. i just found it still for sale under $60 online. Go get one. ps. jst connector batteries like e-flite will hook up. they just don't lock.
have fun flying
thask911 is offline Find More Posts by thask911
Old Jan 07, 2012, 05:56 AM
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Jul 2010
3,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thask911 View Post
i just got my red 27mgz chopper today. i have flown it 3 times so far. i have a wind speed gauge. i will not put it up if wind is above 3 mph. i like evening for zero wind

it has been a little quirky about losing connection with radio. i have been lucky to full throttle out of hard landings. i have flown 6 channel, 4 channel fixed pitch and coaxial helis. i am really having to dismiss my left hand wanting to fly the rudder. the easy thing is if i get confused, i let the right hand off and just watch left hand throttle . it does like to climb with turns or stops. i just lower throttle to anticipate those maneuvers.
WOW thats going to make for some REALLY bad habits since ever other heli in the world will descend in a turn >.>
the rudder on the right doenst help ether
Elios000 is offline Find More Posts by Elios000
Old Jan 10, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Jan 2012
2 Posts
Bad Copter?

Didn't want to cross post, but have a major issue with rotation; started a separate thread:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1571859
trixdesigns is offline Find More Posts by trixdesigns
Last edited by trixdesigns; Jan 10, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 10:29 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
24,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thask911 View Post
i would suggest to first time fliers that you lift off fast and adjust throttle back for takeoff. it likes to fall over sideways if you try slow. this copter does not fly sideways and you can't control that unless up get two feet up quick

to be honest, i have had a blast with this fun copter. fantastic night light show.
Thanks for this great tip!

I tried to get mine off by starting slow and it kept tipping over. I was blaming the wind!

I have watched a number of videos of the S033 and seen the fantastic light show but for whatever reason mine did not come with LED lights on the tail boom like I see in all the videos.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:36 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
24,008 Posts
Okay I just went out to try flying again, as the wind was relatively calm. I did as you suggested and just applied lots of power at once and she leaped up about 4' in the air and started hovering. Sweet!

I flew it around for about 5 or 6 minutes when it started to settle due to lack of power. I know my battery was not fully charged so I expect next time it will fly longer.

Boy it is cool and fun!

Thanks again thask911.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Jan 19, 2012, 03:35 AM
Joined Feb 2009
8 Posts
when you get better, you can slowly start it..adjust the tail trim.. and take off a little slower lol. i don't mind thinking in 3, 4, or 6 channel mode. i would not try a mode 1 controller where the throttle is on the right. that would be a sure headache for me. sometimes i do catch myself trying to use the left stick for rudder, but i like the challenge too ps, never fly it close to you or anybody. just a safety thing for any heli you fly.
have fun
thask911 is offline Find More Posts by thask911