SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:09 PM
Joined Dec 2011
133 Posts
Discussion
another newbie question about quadcopters :)

So I am going to take the plunge into the wonderful world of quadcopters
I have been reading a ton over the last few days and have noticed several people suggested the turnigy 9 ch tx/rx combo however those seem to be nearly impossible to find at this time. so my real question is what tx/rx would you guys suggest for a quad?

Before you ask what im going to use if for mostly just flying around possibly add in a camera for fun.

KEep in mind with 3 kids and this being new to me im on a budget and really would like to keep the tx/rx price under $100 im just not sure how many channels I really need.
I had been looking at
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-ct6b-r6b-radiosystem.html
angrymeat is offline Find More Posts by angrymeat
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:13 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
I belive that you will need something with expo on it.. But not real sure to be honest.
this is the same as the turnigy just different branding.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-th9x-r...nel-radio.html

there is also an imax and eugene model as well. they are all the same.
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:17 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
If you want to get 9X for $39.99 HK price, just order it. By itself. Or maybe with LCD backlight kit. And just wait. They usually fill backorders in a week or so. You will never be able to get one when its "in stock" as they always send out backorders.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:19 PM
Youtube Johnbrum26
Mckinney,TX
Joined Oct 2010
1,013 Posts
very true
Killab is offline Find More Posts by Killab
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:23 PM
Joined Dec 2011
133 Posts
with it always being on back order I assumed it would be an endless wait
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:01 PM
United States, AZ, Seligman
Joined Nov 2011
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymeat View Post
So I am going to take the plunge into the wonderful world of quadcopters
I have been reading a ton over the last few days and have noticed several people suggested the turnigy 9 ch tx/rx combo however those seem to be nearly impossible to find at this time. so my real question is what tx/rx would you guys suggest for a quad?

Before you ask what im going to use if for mostly just flying around possibly add in a camera for fun.

KEep in mind with 3 kids and this being new to me im on a budget and really would like to keep the tx/rx price under $100 im just not sure how many channels I really need.
I had been looking at
http://www.hobbypartz.com/79p-ct6b-r6b-radiosystem.html
Keep in mind the radio you have linked here you have to hook up to your computer with a cable (included). So you can't change settings out in the field when you are flying.
Dave8888 is offline Find More Posts by Dave8888
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
lol wut? what computer? what settings? I've never hooked up my 9X to a computer.
Oh crap, way to read.
I thought that url was for 9X
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:22 PM
Joined Dec 2011
133 Posts
Understood there is rarely a time when I don't have a computer on or around me one of the side effects of working in IT Would the above linked tx work for a quad?
Old Dec 29, 2011, 09:48 PM
United States, AZ, Seligman
Joined Nov 2011
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymeat View Post
Understood there is rarely a time when I don't have a computer on or around me one of the side effects of working in IT Would the above linked tx work for a quad?
I don't know I just knew about the computer part of it.
Dave8888 is offline Find More Posts by Dave8888
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
You don't need anything special in a transmitter to use it for a quad. No mixing/weirdness required. If you can adjust endpoints for channels thats a bonus. otherwise, probably fine too.

Basically anything 4channel should work, the more the better (you can assign to other stuff)
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:19 PM
Joined Dec 2011
133 Posts
Thank you I am picking up a bundle off of ebay that has everything except the tx/rx and lipo/charger of course its going to need misc wires and such.
same as this
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/x525-v3-q...lticopter.html
then down the road will will probably move up to an arduni with multiwii or something on it.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2011
255 Posts
Check out my build log, ill also be using a TGY9x but i have a Hitec Optic 6 sitting around. you should try have a look that one, programming seems easy if you cn undrstnd wrds wtht vwls bt t wll st yr nds fr fpv

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1564073
Zombee is offline Find More Posts by Zombee