HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2012, 12:56 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swansea
Joined Apr 2010
3,489 Posts
Subscribed, I know this is not on the NE planes yet but I'm still reading as I plan to learn this type of analysis and programming, I've got flypad and iPhly on my iPhone that outputs PPM through the headphone Jack, of course there is no PPM in on the NE transmitter so I would need a module.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:37 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,489 Posts
Actually, does this current source code work with the Ne Twingo Rx?
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:48 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
Actually, does this current source code work with the Ne Twingo Rx?
I think it use's wrong RF module, Cypress.
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Apr 26, 2012, 01:55 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,489 Posts
Oh, I have to admit the flying hardware of these lil heli I'm pretty good at bu I'm a complete noob at 2.4Ghz tech, in 2.4Ghz I have a GT5888, a basic DSM2 Tx (J3 cub type Tx) with a couple of OrangeRx and a 9958 heli.

So the Tx and Rx 2.4Ghz units have to be the same brand to opperate with each other? My Ne770b (mini Cessna) has the same Tx and 2.4Ghz board as pictures earlier in this thread and that is Cypress, but my Tx will not work with the Twingo Rc either would it?

I don't mean to go off topic, just every other thread I have asked in noone has answered me.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 05:10 PM
hungary
Joined Jan 2011
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
So the Tx and Rx 2.4Ghz units have to be the same brand to opperate with each other? My Ne770b (mini Cessna) has the same Tx and 2.4Ghz board as pictures earlier in this thread and that is Cypress, but my Tx will not work with the Twingo Rc either would it?
Have you tried to bind them?
kile is offline Find More Posts by kile
Old Apr 26, 2012, 08:34 PM
We can rebuild it!
Joined Apr 2010
3,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kile View Post
Have you tried to bind them?
No I don't have a Twingo, I'm relectant to pull the trigger on a Twingo Rx PCB to upgrande a non 2.4Ghz heli with untill I know it weather or not it will work with the Tx from my Sky Eagle Cessna will work.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 05:26 AM
Skilled crasher
Ukraine, Kyiv city, Kiev
Joined Oct 2010
79 Posts
I've heard that twingo uses the same TX as solo and solo pro... You'd better check anyways.
sashaNar is online now Find More Posts by sashaNar
Old Apr 30, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Apr 2012
3 Posts
hey kile what is the pin out for the module conection i am planning on making a ppm usb incoder for my laptop so i can control through it hopfully i will get started on this in the near future
fireeagle is offline Find More Posts by fireeagle
Last edited by fireeagle; Apr 30, 2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 04:11 PM
hungary
Joined Jan 2011
113 Posts
Hi,

This is the pinout:

Old Jun 18, 2012, 01:24 PM
NE solo free spirit V2
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Mar 2012
137 Posts
Very very cool work Kile!
I was wondering about the NE mating with the turnigy 9x.
Would it work with a solo pro 270? It uses a J4pro Tx.

Nice reading. Totally out of my depth however.
rcstringfellow is offline Find More Posts by rcstringfellow
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2012, 01:35 AM
hungary
Joined Jan 2011
113 Posts
Thanks!

I am using the module with my Turnigy 9x, so I'm sure they pair well. PPM timings and channel mapping have to be changed a little depending on whether you have the stock 9x firmware or one of the er9x firmwares.

As far as I know, the new Nine Eagles helis don't use the the nRF24L01+ chip, so this module will not work with the helis released last year.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 09:43 AM
NE solo free spirit V2
The Netherlands, NB, Eindhoven
Joined Mar 2012
137 Posts
Kile!

You hero!

I got the nRF module today.
My steps:
plug the module into the Kile-neTX board.
Plug it into the pins on the back of the 9x
press bind button on power up
(hear reasuring beeps)
Plug battery into NE solo 210 coax
(3 seconds later)

I'm FLYING!!!!
Let me repeat: I'm flying my solo coax with a turnigy 9x firmware

I'm waiting for the JR case to complete it. I'll post some pics later.

Thank you thank you!
rcstringfellow is offline Find More Posts by rcstringfellow
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:00 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,684 Posts
I'm lucky to have found this thread , but to be honest most of it is a bit too technical and won't apply to me. Can I please start with just a question and then ask how to do it or perhaps one would sell me something or charge me to do it. Anyways, here's what I want to do.

I want to fly 3 Cox planes (skyranger,extra300,skysurfer) and maybe even some HK BNF planes with a Turnigy 9x TX. Is there a module that I can buy,plug in,make up that will allow the 9x to fly the Cox (nineeagles) planes?

Thanks guys. This reminds me of my 9x with anylink mod. It works perfect to fly the Tactic planes. That's kinda what I want for the Cox planes.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:43 PM
Joined Jun 2012
40 Posts
I just read the all thread after a friend pointed me to it as I was investigating a way to use the 9x with J6Pro type NE helicopters and planes, primarely the Solo Pro 125.

Looks like you did an excellent job with this SoloPro 9x module, and as I understand the module will obviously not bind to J6 type receivers I wonder if since all new NE models are now J6 compatible, and based on the knowledge you gained building the SP module if you'd see a possibily of making a J6 module for the 9x?
rototophe is offline Find More Posts by rototophe
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:43 AM
hungary
Joined Jan 2011
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio View Post
I want to fly 3 Cox planes (skyranger,extra300,skysurfer) and maybe even some HK BNF planes with a Turnigy 9x TX. Is there a module that I can buy,plug in,make up that will allow the 9x to fly the Cox (nineeagles) planes?
I don't know if you can buy a module. I am sure it is possible to make something like that, but it's a lot of work and it will get very technical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rototophe View Post
I wonder if since all new NE models are now J6 compatible, and based on the knowledge you gained building the SP module if you'd see a possibily of making a J6 module for the 9x?
I am sure it is possible to build a J6 module for 9x, but I don't think I will do it. I'm almost out of the hobby, I have a HK250 in pieces lying in a box waiting for me to gather some motivation to put it together, and my three SoloPros haven't been flying in months.

I still have blank PCBs for the neTX module, so if anyone is interested in an assembled unit, let me know.