HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2012, 09:56 AM
TEAM HORIZON
Killingworth CT
Joined Nov 2008
2,548 Posts
I'm not familiar with the motor, so I can't give you an accurate answer.
I flew mine on a 30cc Gas and it was fine, we towed some gliders too, and it was not affected.

len
Lbuff1 is online now Find More Posts by Lbuff1
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 11:27 AM
Joined Apr 2011
5 Posts
Thank you, i thing it is similar like OS FT160 gemini twin cylinder.
sinularia is offline Find More Posts by sinularia
Old Feb 27, 2012, 10:19 PM
AMA 670207
United States, WA, Sumner
Joined Oct 2000
2,775 Posts
Well I'm happy to report that after 6 flights yesterday in some fairly inclement weather, the Wilga flew great and landed with no mishaps whatsoever! She went home undamaged and no landing legs were torn off.

After many practice approach attempts I got her figured out thanks to Lens writeup of his experience with the review plane. Thanks Len!

I added about 5 degrees of right thrust and the takeoff runs were arrow straight. All control surfaces were neutral now and she flew very gracefully. I'm a very happy pilot!

Now to discharge lots electrons.
Rudderman98 is offline Find More Posts by Rudderman98
Old Feb 28, 2012, 01:53 AM
TEAM HORIZON
Killingworth CT
Joined Nov 2008
2,548 Posts
Excellent!!!!!!!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 07:50 AM
New Zealand, Taranaki, Midhirst
Joined Feb 1999
3,431 Posts
Outstanding Perrance
Sluf7 is offline Find More Posts by Sluf7
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:52 AM
Joined Apr 2011
5 Posts
Didn't arrive my plane yet and i want to ask you about the dimension of firewall to see if have enought space for twin engine. Can you tell me please also the dimension of cowl (inside) and firewall at wilga frome ecom ?
Thank you
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Apr 2011
5 Posts
Hello, nobody can help me please with this dimensions ?
Thank you.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:50 AM
Innsbruck, Austria
Joined Oct 2003
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinularia View Post
Hello, nobody can help me please with this dimensions ?
Thank you.
Hi Guys,

great thread, thanks. I would also be interested in the measurements of the cowl. i am thinking of putting my ASP FS-400AR into the Wilga. the engines outer diameter is 220mm.

rgds and thanks,
Rev
Reverend is offline Find More Posts by Reverend
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:44 AM
Been there, Crashed that.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Joined Nov 2006
170 Posts
If I don't get wrapped up in something else and forget, I'll post the dimensions you're wanting this evening.
hmarshall is offline Find More Posts by hmarshall
Old Mar 23, 2012, 08:34 PM
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Joined Nov 2006
170 Posts
These will be close, as its still in the box... pulled out the parts and gave a quick measure. Sorry.. cant find my mm rule so you may need to convert...

Cowl is 10 1/4" at widest point, narrowing to 6" up front, looks like about 7 1/2 width or so of 'engine space'. This cowl is not cut 'flat' on back. It has a compound curve cut across the top and the bottom. Useable cowl space looks to be about 7 5/8" in length. Firewall looks to be 8 5/8th" wide. Hope this helps...
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:54 PM
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Joined Nov 2006
170 Posts
Just getting started on mine... couple quick questions;

Are most using the included flap hinges or doing something different? Never really used the flat pinned type before, they look kind of weak for flap operations, comments?

Are most using the included fuel tank? Will be running a DLE30, is that tank big enough for reasonable flight times? (say 10-15 min). Not ran any gas engines this small so not sure how fast they drink.. If used a different tank, am guessing had to make some mods to accomodate it?

Landing gear seems to be a point of problem, buddy in MO. tore gear off his past weekend, said he didnt think it came in that hard. Also understand new gear springs are ava. from TBM. Anyone else still having gear problems or.. for those that used 'spring inside spring' mod., is that holding up ok?

Thread has kinda slowed down a bit... is anyone flying theirs, and if so how goes it?

HM
Old Mar 26, 2012, 03:25 PM
TEAM HORIZON
Killingworth CT
Joined Nov 2008
2,548 Posts
The gear is a weak point. We were flying ours recently and had a landing that was acceptable, but not perfect and the gear area cracked. I plan to add a ply piece completely across the fuse, to tie them together.

16 oz fuel tank would give you plenty of time with a DLE 30

Hinges are personal choice, its never a bad thing to replace Chinese hardware.

LEN
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:48 PM
United States, CA, Sausalito
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbuff1 View Post
I had the chance to fly the review plane this weekend. All in all its a pretty nice flying plane. We towed a little Cularis for fun. The plane looks good in the air and on the ground. I did find an issue with the plane when landing. You need to keep the speed up on your turn to final or the wing will drop. This happens on my big one too, it must be due to the narrow wing cord. Also, when in ground effect, land the plane. If you try to drag it out and get it too slow, it will drop a wing also. I think setting the flap to about 15 degrees will help a lot.

This is a real nice plane for the money, no harder to fly than an intermediate style plane.
I would recommend beefing up the ply landing gear plate right from the start.

Here are some pictures
Great pics. Did you put in a servo for the tow release and if so how about some details. Thanks, Fred Bucker 131
Fred Hoerner is offline Find More Posts by Fred Hoerner
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:41 PM
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Joined Nov 2006
170 Posts
For those that may be flying this using gas, couple quick questions... how did you secure the fuel tank? It fits in the 'cubby' hole okay, but there's no way to strap it in... If add some ply and mount it on top of 'cubby' hole, its about a 3" drop to the carb. Where did you mount the throttle servo? Banging my head on this one.. build a mount down the bottom? Strange plane.. marketed as a gasser, but interior design lends itself to electric.. sure interested in how others accomplished this setup. If can take a pic through top hatch that would be informative, all pics have seen on here are electron driven wilgas... Thanks!
HM
Old Apr 02, 2012, 04:26 PM
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Joined Nov 2006
170 Posts
Also, is this the piece that covers the bottom? (To be cut out and trimmed). Looks bigger than what I expected.. did I get the right part?