SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Mr.GFC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:36 PM
Living to Build'em and Fly'em.
Joined Jul 2011
62 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Building Table

This is my building table. Since I live in a small studio-apartment, I needed something that I could move around. This building table fit's against the wall, without sticking out to much. It's got a 56"x 23 3/4" glass top. The base is 53 1/2" x 17 1/2" and has 3 half width shelves and 1 full shelf that's directly under the glass. All of the shelves excluding the bottom shelf glide on wooden supports.
I also installed electrical outlets on both ends, with a step-down transformer from 220V to 110V, for connivance. Desk lamps are mounted on each of the back corners with 1 outlet to supply power for both, under the glass on the right-side.
It's pretty stable and supports the glass fairly easy without trying to tip over. The legs are 2 3/4" seasoned pine, with the same size as supports between the front and back-leg. I used 1 as a center support across the bottom, in the center and all are joined by tongue and grove with an anchor screw for extra support.
I use smaller sections of 1/2" glass as weight, to keep the sheeting balsa from warping.
All in all, it's proven to be a great little table that's just big enough to let me build pretty much any size model, without being too cramped for room. The fact that I can move it around on it's wheels, makes it usable at my desk, allowing me to work on planes when I have time, them push it back against the wall, out of place, when I'm not.
Mr.GFC is offline Find More Posts by Mr.GFC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 07:06 PM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
that looks very nice, I might build something similar some day, I would love to have a indoor building table, my workbench is full of big tools not RC tools...
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275