SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:55 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
Question
Noob here with a question about my Skytech M2

Hey folks. Just got my first RC heli and i'm a complete beginner when it comes to them, but eventually want to progress and move up the ladder to more advanced ones. For now, I want to start out small so I ended up getting a Skytech M2. I have a question though.
If you look at the photos below, you can see that there is only one connecting buckle linking the balance bar to the top blade set. Checked the box and a bunch of pictures online and turns out that they all come like that. But it appears that you can still add one. Had someone tell me that their RC heli(different model) also came like that and he added an extra buckle and that it made it a lot more stable while flying.

Can anyone chime in on that? Should I get an extra one and where can I order? I can't seem to find any parts for it, or the fact that I'm new to this makes me believe that maybe i'm just looking in the wrong places. Thanks.

EvolutionXGSR is offline Find More Posts by EvolutionXGSR
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:01 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,703 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. BTW, I hate your nice, clean computer desk. I'm so embarrassed about mine.

Even if you add a 2nd link, it works in parallel with the 1st one. It is entirely optional. So, it if flies fine the way it is, I wouldn't worry about it. You are not going to add anything to the situation. The small down side is that you could afford to lose or break one. Those who have two could afford to loose one. One of the helis had two, and I broke one the other day. So, it's flying with just one now.

What's curious to me is the lower blades holder. It seems to have ball links that are not connected to anything. I wonder why they even have those balls there?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:30 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Thanks for the pictures. BTW, I hate your nice, clean computer desk. I'm so embarrassed about mine.

Even if you add a 2nd link, it works in parallel with the 1st one. It is entirely optional. So, it if flies fine the way it is, I wouldn't worry about it. You are not going to add anything to the situation. The small down side is that you could afford to lose or break one. Those who have two could afford to loose one. One of the helis had two, and I broke one the other day. So, it's flying with just one now.

What's curious to me is the lower blades holder. It seems to have ball links that are not connected to anything. I wonder why they even have those balls there?
Yeah, it flies fine. First one I ever flown, but all seems normal. Yeah, just noticed the one on the lower blades. Weird. Looks like it's the same part as the top so probably just them recycling a part so that they don't have to produce an entirely different one.

BTW, as for the desk. Up until last week...the only other time it was THAT clean was the day I assembled it.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:52 PM
Epilepsy Awareness Month
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,683 Posts
It's possible those bottom blades may fit another heli with a swash plate..
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:25 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3 Posts
Interesting. Glad I found this place. You guys seems very knowledgable when it comes to this stuff. I guess google landed me in the right place