HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2013, 10:00 PM
Joined Feb 2013
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
I have no idea what your skill level is but the mqx was one of my first rc toys and I trashed it learning flips. 6 months later and I fly several cp helis and flip my mqx easily and rarely crash her. Just saying if you haven't flown a lot of helis take it slow on the flips. This thing is sturdy but learning to fly aggresively and flip will take a serious toll on it. I learned the hard way, ask my wife who keeps a mental toll on what I spend on parts
I fly a cp helicopter (nano) but I don't know how to "3d" yet but the control from this are just so intuitive. From what I've seen on youtube, correct me if I"m wrong, but the flip in this is pretty simple, just jam stick up and left/right? What altitude should I start from? From what you've said, I'll probably avoid it. Breaking this thing within 24 hours of buying it would be heart breaking with how much fun it is.
mtheard is offline Find More Posts by mtheard
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 10:09 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
Don't get me wrong, jam the stick left and up and it will flip. For me it was more a confidence thing, I ended up crashing after a flip because I didn't trust the gyro to level it out. That and as it gets beat up it has a harder time recovering from a flip. I also learned bad habits from cp helis and kept trying to apply negative pitch in the flip to keep altitude, I know it isn't logical and doesn't work I am just telling you what messed me up. The big deal to me was that I hit the ground a lot. It doesn't break when you hit the ground, it wears. I replaced a bunch of motors, had bearings go bad, cracked drive shafts, split booms. All of this stuff will just make it fly like crap but it will still fly. It wasn't until I shelved it for a while then fixed it back like new that I got the hang of it and now it is a blast. My experience may not apply.

Final word of advise, don't let up on the throttle in a flip. In most cases 100 dr 0 expo it will flip nice and easy if you keep the throttle up.
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:21 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtheard View Post
I fly a cp helicopter (nano) but I don't know how to "3d" yet but the control from this are just so intuitive. From what I've seen on youtube, correct me if I"m wrong, but the flip in this is pretty simple, just jam stick up and left/right? What altitude should I start from? From what you've said, I'll probably avoid it. Breaking this thing within 24 hours of buying it would be heart breaking with how much fun it is.
Flips are easy, jam the stick and drop the throttle, but dont drop the throttle all the way Attempt your first flip quite high because they can get a bit wild while trying to catch them.

I only have experience with the mCX2 and I nailed a flip on the first attempt, I find it harder to fly around than to flip.

Ive crashed mine HARD around a dozen times, I only split a boom on my last crash. A bit of CA and its back in the air. These things can take a massive beating. Just make sure you fly over grass for the first few times
valiantGLX is online now Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:32 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,659 Posts
I have a buddy code for Nano-tech 600mah lipos for the mQX if anyone interested

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...0-1EEBEA8715BF
Old Mar 05, 2013, 09:20 AM
Joined Feb 2013
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valiantGLX View Post
I have a buddy code for Nano-tech 600mah lipos for the mQX if anyone interested

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...0-1EEBEA8715BF
Wow, those were some cheap batteries. Ordered myself 3 of them. Does the buddy code benefit you? I noticed they were the same price if i searched for them without the code.
mtheard is offline Find More Posts by mtheard
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:52 AM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtheard View Post
Wow, those were some cheap batteries. Ordered myself 3 of them. Does the buddy code benefit you? I noticed they were the same price if i searched for them without the code.
I think you save $0.04c, the discount varies between items. I think I get a few cents back for every purchase made from my link within 14 days too, which gets stored in my bonus cash

They are some seriously cheap batteries, and if they are like any of my other various nanotechs they are great quality and really powerful too. My mCX2 and 1:24 SCT really came alive with the nanotechs.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:13 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Feb 2006
399 Posts
can the stock transmitter from the mxq rtf bind to a hobbyzone champ?
Luisfc1972 is offline Find More Posts by Luisfc1972
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:17 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,659 Posts
It should do
Old Mar 05, 2013, 05:32 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisfc1972 View Post
can the stock transmitter from the mxq rtf bind to a hobbyzone champ?
yes
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:28 PM
Joined Aug 2011
261 Posts
Dollar store timer and an inch of velcro. Chez ghetteaux? You bet. But I don’t want to wreck any more batteries.

So I stopped sharing my cells with a 120SR that was really rough on them. And I’m going to watch my actual flight times with the quad. I know – how can I miss that?

So how long should I fly the mQX with the Nano-tech 600mAh 1S 35-70C?
teflon97239 is online now Find More Posts by teflon97239
Last edited by teflon97239; Mar 06, 2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:31 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2013
450 Posts
i want this to be my next toy. is this a step above the blade mcx2 or same level? i can fly the mcx2 pretty confidently. not really looking to upgrade to a harder flying machine but this mqx just looks too cool especially since it doesnt have allt he linkages a heli has so it must be much more simple to figure out how to fix it if its not flying correctly.
bradymartin is offline Find More Posts by bradymartin
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:47 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
Not even in the same league as the mcx2, big step up
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:56 PM
Joined Jan 2013
450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Head View Post
Not even in the same league as the mcx2, big step up
in the videos it looks pretty stable. maybe its the experience of the flyer but i think you just changed my mind lol. even on low rates its a big step up from the mcx2?
Last edited by bradymartin; Mar 07, 2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 12:20 AM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
Big step up in a good way, the tricky part is heading hold gyro. It goes where you point it and doesn't auto level ie you can and probably will fly it right into the ground. It is a ton of fun, you are just skipping a step, the flybarred fp. I would hate to be the one that talked anyone out of a mqx.
Old Mar 07, 2013, 12:25 AM
Joined Jan 2013
450 Posts
damn, you just talked me out of it.

i guess i should go for the flybarred fp. fp what does that stand for? i dont know which model you mean. id like to look it up and read the reviews.