HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2013, 03:53 AM
Joined Dec 2011
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irsyad17 View Post
Guys,i need help.. Mqx wont hover even full throttle..
Possible you can accidentally destroy ESC calibration. For example, if you connect battery to mQX with some throttle at Tx.

Try next: full throttle at Tx, connect battery to mQX, wait initialization, then lower throttle at Tx.
vlad_vy is online now Find More Posts by vlad_vy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2013, 05:56 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Sep 2011
13 Posts
Hi all, im having a problem with my mqx mainboar. one of the connectors in the main board is broken and i need to solder new one (thanks to my girlfriend ). Does anybody have an idea where to get these connectors?

Cheers, Jaakko
fisu is offline Find More Posts by fisu
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:55 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,426 Posts
Check this out.

Hoten X with DevoF7 FPV

http://www.hobbywow.com/product.aspx...id=18283950120
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2013, 08:10 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisu View Post
Hi all, im having a problem with my mqx mainboar. one of the connectors in the main board is broken and i need to solder new one (thanks to my girlfriend ). Does anybody have an idea where to get these connectors?

Cheers, Jaakko
Have you thought about calling Horizon Hobby to see if they might be able to help you?
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:14 AM
Joined Dec 2011
270 Posts
http://www.rc-connectors.com/index.p...roducts_id=204

Old Feb 20, 2013, 09:55 AM
Germany, Berlin
Joined Sep 2011
13 Posts
Thanks Vlad!
fisu is offline Find More Posts by fisu
Old Feb 20, 2013, 10:09 PM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teflon97239 View Post
Although I try to look at my watch when I'm flying, I'm not that careful or precise with my batteries either. So if I had this gadget, what would it do for me? Lights showing incremental level of discharge? Is that a beeper or horn on there?

Easy to install and use? I also use 1S batts on my plane, so maybe it would help me there, too?
Well, they arrived today, so I tested one on some lipos I currently have at Storage Charger level.

On the 2S and 3S they work great! The leds are extremely bright, and the beeper is plenty loud.

>>>>>>Edit on 2/26/2013 - When I could not make it work with a 1S by connecting the lipo - to - and + to the second pin on the monitor, I decided to experiment. The end result is that they seem to work OK for 1S if you connect the (-) lipo wire to pin 1, and then connect the (+) lipo wire to BOTH pins 2 AND 3. You are tricking the monitor into thinking it is monitoring a 2S pack. For some reason the monitor will not power up with only pins 1 and 2 connected.

I got word officially from Jay Wang at Tenergy that they do NOT intend their monitor to be used with 1S. I've asked him to ask the legitimate Amazon vendor to change the product description to avoid misleading customers. Amazon vendor batteriesinaflash is ignoring my inquiry, so I doubt they'll change anything.<<<<<<<

Edit - Hey, just FYI, I got an email back from Tenergy, and although the product clearly shows the attached labeling, this is what Tenergy had to say:

++++++++

This particular product is not sold or distributed by Tenergy.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Might be someone copied our product. Please contact the amazon seller batteriesinaflash

Jay Wang
------------------------------
Application Engineer
Tenergy Corporation
436 Kato Terrace
Fremont, CA 94539
Tel: 1(510)687-0388 ext 308
Fax: 1(510)687-0328
Web: www.tenergy.com

+++++++++++

So it appears this may be a bootlegged product. Note that the back of the product package label shows www.tenergybattery.com. I typed that into my browser, but it converted that URL to www.tenergy.com and took me to the Tenergy website, where I used their online form to ask about the product.

Mr. Wang has sent me this URL, which he said IS the product that they market directly from Tenergy (it costs $9.95 instead of $5.95). Note that the listing for the cheaper one on Amazon shows "TNRGY" as the vendor, whereas the link Mr. Wang indicated spells out "Tenergy" as the vendor.

http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Batter...sim_sbs_misc_1
Zoandar is offline Find More Posts by Zoandar
Last edited by Zoandar; Feb 26, 2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: New Information
Old Feb 21, 2013, 07:30 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoandar View Post
Something I have noticed with every one of my helis and the DX6i - waiting very long (I'm talking seconds here, not minutes) after powering the TX on before powering the heli will often fail to initialize the heli, no matter whether it is my HBFP, Blade 400, or mQX. I have found it is best to get the heli battery plugged in ASAP after you power on the DX6i. It seems like the DX6i will only seek a receiver for a very short time, after which it appears to 'stop looking'. Then I have to turn it off, and back on again, before it will lock onto any receiver.
That is absolutely faulty, plugging in rx quickly after plugging in tx. The tx does not 'look for rxs.' At power up the tx 'claims' frequencies, which other local txes are not allowed to use, and then it sits and -waits- for an rx to come on at those frequencies. It's the rx that seeks the tx.

The point being that while the tx is going through its initialisation, turning on the rx might allow that rx to 'find' another nearby tx that is not connected to anything else.

My MQX and Vapor seem to bind fastest. One-blink fast. My CX2 can take a few seconds to a looong time, upwards half a minute, for no apparent reason.
jbarchuk is online now Find More Posts by jbarchuk
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:11 PM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarchuk View Post
That is absolutely faulty, plugging in rx quickly after plugging in tx. The tx does not 'look for rxs.' At power up the tx 'claims' frequencies, which other local txes are not allowed to use, and then it sits and -waits- for an rx to come on at those frequencies. It's the rx that seeks the tx.

The point being that while the tx is going through its initialisation, turning on the rx might allow that rx to 'find' another nearby tx that is not connected to anything else.

My MQX and Vapor seem to bind fastest. One-blink fast. My CX2 can take a few seconds to a looong time, upwards half a minute, for no apparent reason.

Here's what the DX6i manual says (page 22) about connections. It takes me longer than the stated 2 to 6 seconds of TX power-up to connect the lipo after turning on the TX. But I have found that if I don't power the Rx within the first 30 seconds or so it can sometimes not connect to it at all (typified by the flashing orange LEDs in the Rx instead of steady glow). I am not sure which of the possible scenarios mentioned in paragraph 2 is actually happening here, but they list several reasons why a system can take longer or never connect at all. I am just saying that, for me, it is most likely to connect on the first try if I power on the Rx soon after the Tx, and not wait very long.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 09:37 PM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,583 Posts
Is your DX6i a DSMX version? My DSM2 version connected in 2 seconds. Im wondering if DSMX slows down the connection time in that it cycles through DSMX first before reverting to DSM2? If I connect my Dx6i to my old AR6000 DSM rx's it takes 60 to 90 seconds to connect as runs thru DSM2 first before trying DSM
ChrisJ800 is offline Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Feb 21, 2013, 10:54 PM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
1,190 Posts
Mine is a DSM2. I believe I bought it in the summer of 2008.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:13 AM
Joined Dec 2011
270 Posts
At my case, my first mQX (DSM2) always bind to JR DSX9 (DSM2), but second mQX (DSMX) not always bind from first try, I need disconnect battery and reconnect again to bind.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:47 AM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarchuk View Post
My CX2 can take a few seconds to a looong time, upwards half a minute, for no apparent reason.
Update. Related to CX2 but a generic DSM topic.

In that DX61 manual FAQ there's mention of distance between tx and rx being too close and causing bind difficulties.

I moved the tx about 6' away and bind to CX2 over about 1/2 dozen tries was 'normal' to 'fast' with -no- 'long delay' binds.

It's the way it is but I *DON'T* like it. I'm a safety FREAK. I don't want to put my radio 'over there,' turned on, and plug in my rx 'over here.' I've been participant/witness/close proximity to 4 electric 'unintended startups' in only 2-1/4 years. Once purely my fault. Once an intrusive finger on my tx but I happened to have my hand -holding- the plane down. Twice someone else's fumble finger at a bench a few feet away. (Two of the last three were primarily wet-fuel guys.) And once having to do with unplugging a buddy cord and trainee moving a throttle stick. That one had the worst potential for disaster because the plane was actually pointed at two people, and a third person put their hand on the plane just as it started up. /rant

In any case try the 4' trick to see if you have faster more reliable binds. It'll probably work. Just be careful when your rx is 'over here,' and you're looking directly at it, and your tx is 'over there' where you're not directly looking at it.

I can understand why this is happening. The tx has to be strong enough to reach 3k', so it overpowers and confuses the rx when it's very close. I guess I'd rather have a strong tx than a weak one but when anyone else is in the nearby area I'm gonna put the tx right next to the plane in my field of view and don't care how long it takes to bind.

Generally no one *EVER* touches anyone else's *ANYTHING* without asking, but, accidents happen.
jbarchuk is online now Find More Posts by jbarchuk
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:27 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Following on the generic DSM binding/linking issue.

My Nanos and mCPX are also fussy about the transmitter being too close when I plug the battery in. I keep my TX around my neck with the throttle hold engaged as I plug in the battery. I set the heli down and quickly move back the required 4-6 feet and wait to see if the RX is going to cooperate. Usually takes only one or two tries and I'm good. Still is kind of annoying though.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:43 AM
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Aug 2012
57 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoandar View Post
I've seen my mQX do this now and then with my DX6i. All I need to do is unplug the mQX lipo and then plug it back in again, and it will usually initialize as it is supposed to. Note that you can do this with the mQX upside down. I do mine that way all the time. The important thing is not to move the mQX while it is initializing, but it doesn't matter if it is sitting upside down when you do it.

Something I have noticed with every one of my helis and the DX6i - waiting very long (I'm talking seconds here, not minutes) after powering the TX on before powering the heli will often fail to initialize the heli, no matter whether it is my HBFP, Blade 400, or mQX. I have found it is best to get the heli battery plugged in ASAP after you power on the DX6i. It seems like the DX6i will only seek a receiver for a very short time, after which it appears to 'stop looking'. Then I have to turn it off, and back on again, before it will lock onto any receiver.
Well, I did some more testing with my mQX and you were correct about the timing. I found that if I connect the battery about three seconds after I power on the radio, it binds correctly. If I connect it sooner, it doesn't bind. If I fumble a little with the connection and don't get it connected in three seconds, it also doesn't bind. The distance from radio to receiver did not seem to have any impact.

I ended up partially seating the JST connector from the battery into the female one on the mQX (but not enough to make contact). I power on my radio, wait three seconds and then just push the connectors together. This seems to work pretty well. It's really not that big a deal now that I know what I have to do.

Thanks for the help!
SJMarty is offline Find More Posts by SJMarty