SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:42 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
mikefromgermany's Avatar
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSonders View Post
I'd also suggest that setting the throttle throw to it's max setting (125% on the DX6i) is a bad idea on a quad. The reason quads are so very stable is due to their ability to adjust the speed of those rotors quickly to counter any unwanted movements. If you're already pushing the most out of those motors it becomes much more difficult for the brain to keep it steady and you'll notice that it won't climb vertically in a straight line as well.
+1, it even getting worse after some minutes flight time.
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:41 AM
Registered User
R. Nordeck's Avatar
Joined Dec 2006
75 Posts
QUOTE: "....the "legs" out by the motor mounts, they fit snug in the little holes...."

where U find those??

Great IDya. I'm flying (trying to) my mQX with an 808 #16 key cam attached to the bottom of the batr'y tray; don't have enough clearance so I zip tied some cut down Nerf "bullets" to landing pods. Pretty.....Ugly.

and stability Shirley goes to S.... with that one ounce of weight on da bottom. Videos to date are still way.....Squirally and don't look like TurboParker's results quite yet.
R. Nordeck is offline Find More Posts by R. Nordeck
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:25 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSonders View Post
If you guys are thinking that the MQX bound to a DX6i is mushy I really wanna see you guys doing some stunts.

I find the MQX to be super snappy on it's response on default settings, though I admit it's the smallest quad i've flown, but compared to the little helicopters i've flown along with a bigger quad it's amazingly responsive and if anything I prefer to have a bit of expo on there to dampen it off a little near the centre of the stick.

I'd also suggest that setting the throttle throw to it's max setting (125% on the DX6i) is a bad idea on a quad. The reason quads are so very stable is due to their ability to adjust the speed of those rotors quickly to counter any unwanted movements. If you're already pushing the most out of those motors it becomes much more difficult for the brain to keep it steady and you'll notice that it won't climb vertically in a straight line as well.
Snappy I guess is relative. I find an mQx/LB hybrid or an mQx with GWS props more snappy than a stock mQx.

I do find that using full throttle (reaching 100%) just before trying to flip it (so some motors see full throttle plus more) does seem make an mQx do some funny things.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:07 PM
Registered User
Alex4R's Avatar
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Dec 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R. Nordeck View Post
QUOTE: "....the "legs" out by the motor mounts, they fit snug in the little holes...."

where U find those??

Great IDya. I'm flying (trying to) my mQX with an 808 #16 key cam attached to the bottom of the batr'y tray; don't have enough clearance so I zip tied some cut down Nerf "bullets" to landing pods. Pretty.....Ugly.

and stability Shirley goes to S.... with that one ounce of weight on da bottom. Videos to date are still way.....Squirally and don't look like TurboParker's results quite yet.
They came with the MicroHeli Carbon X Frame kit. Part number MH-MQX001X
Alex4R is offline Find More Posts by Alex4R
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:09 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSonders View Post
If you guys are thinking that the MQX bound to a DX6i is mushy I really wanna see you guys doing some stunts.

I find the MQX to be super snappy on it's response on default settings, though I admit it's the smallest quad i've flown, but compared to the little helicopters i've flown along with a bigger quad it's amazingly responsive and if anything I prefer to have a bit of expo on there to dampen it off a little near the centre of the stick.

I'd also suggest that setting the throttle throw to it's max setting (125% on the DX6i) is a bad idea on a quad. The reason quads are so very stable is due to their ability to adjust the speed of those rotors quickly to counter any unwanted movements. If you're already pushing the most out of those motors it becomes much more difficult for the brain to keep it steady and you'll notice that it won't climb vertically in a straight line as well.
I never mentioned stability when I suggested raising the Travel Adj. The conversation was about maximum responsiveness. And I stand by the advice that maximum responsiveness is achieved with maximum Travel Adj.

Can you please post a video of what you consider super snappy flying?

This is what makes me giggle.

Having Fun with the Blade mQX (2 min 22 sec)
TomQ is offline Find More Posts by TomQ
Last edited by TomQ; Jan 29, 2013 at 03:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:26 PM
Registered User
United States, IL, Libertyville
Joined Jan 2011
123 Posts
That is unbelievable! Something to strive for... That is some great flying, very fun to watch. Thanks for posting.
daver22 is offline Find More Posts by daver22
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:36 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomQ View Post
I never mentioned stability when I suggested raising the Travel Adj. The conversation was about maximum responsiveness. And I stand by the advice that maximum responsiveness is achieved with maximum Travel Adj.

Can you please post a video of what you consider super snappy flying?

This is what makes me giggle.

http://vimeo.com/51354109
Those vids are months old already...make some recent ones....please!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:20 AM
Registered User
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,427 Posts
First time I've seen this. Looks like HobbyKing's first mQX clone. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...utm_source=EDM
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:41 AM
Registered User
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
That's a rebranded V929 Beetle. (which in itself is an MQX clone)

Very similar to the MQX, a lot of the parts are interchangable.
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:29 PM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,627 Posts
I have 2 of the clones and the mqx. (V949, V959) Forget about it, they fly like garbage. Way over stabilized. They self level, but in doing so go 10 to 20 feet in a direction you did not anticipate. An experienced flier would much rather have the direct control feel of the MQX. I spend most of my time fighting the stabilization on the clones. However, the 949 I fly at night with it's bright lights. I could not recover and out of shape anything at night, and the 959 has a camera and is flown as lazily as possible. But don't worry guys, you are not getting "ripped". The mqx is in a class all it's own. I paid $179 for my BNF shortly after they came out!
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:45 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
mikefromgermany's Avatar
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I have 2 of the clones and the mqx. (V949, V959) Forget about it, they fly like garbage. Way over stabilized. They self level, but in doing so go 10 to 20 feet in a direction you did not anticipate. An experienced flier would much rather have the direct control feel of the MQX. I spend most of my time fighting the stabilization on the clones. However, the 949 I fly at night with it's bright lights. I could not recover and out of shape anything at night, and the 959 has a camera and is flown as lazily as possible. But don't worry guys, you are not getting "ripped". The mqx is in a class all it's own. I paid $179 for my BNF shortly after they came out!
+1
I've got a V929 and a V949 in comparison to my mQX.
My mistake was buying the "clones" first...... would have saved me some money.
-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:16 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Jake8131's Avatar
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
First time I've seen this. Looks like HobbyKing's first mQX clone. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...utm_source=EDM
Definitely a V929 clone...check the circuit board. Has plugs for external lights....not bad for $40.

And no, it will not bind with a DX6i or higher.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 02:24 PM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,627 Posts
And I forgot to mention they drift like crazy.

But yes, still worth the money for what they are.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:00 PM
Registered User
bulesz's Avatar
Hungary EU
Joined May 2007
2,441 Posts
Is that big difference in the flying characteristics between the mQX vs V929/V949??

EDIT: ok, after I have watched Tom's great flying video I think I'have got the answer.... I had watched before only lame hoovering videos, and havent realized that much differences...but this...well done bro!
bulesz is online now Find More Posts by bulesz
Last edited by bulesz; Jan 30, 2013 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:12 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
mikefromgermany's Avatar
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulesz View Post
Is that big difference in the flying characteristics between the mQX vs V929/V949??
It is.
The MQX doesn't self level and offers no autoflips.
Power/thrust etc are quite similar to the V929.
You are able to make manual loops/rolls - it depends on skill only.

Overall it is imho the better programmed design - it teaches you more than a V929 may ever is able to offer you - and behaves a lot more like a CP heli, what may become important if you want to step up a bit.

As I know your intention only to buy machines that are flyable with your 9x - I can give you a hint:
Get a ORX DSM module (have one, too - works flawless with the mQX)
a MQX spare PCB and a MQX central hub. (30+33+4= 67 USD for the package) The rest you may take from your V9X9 - just PM and I'll guide you through.
You will NOT miss the V's

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold BNF PZ J3 Cub, BNF PZ P-51D Mustang, Blade mSR RTF & DX6i nyaaah!! Aircraft - Electric - Micro & Indoor Airplanes (FS/W) 11 Oct 06, 2011 11:21 AM
For Sale New Blade 400 RTF Will sell as BNF papower Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 8 Aug 04, 2011 12:28 PM
Sold ON HOLD....FS/WTT Like New (RTF) Heli-Max AXE CPv3 For Like New (BNF) Blade mCP X ABADGTP Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 0 Jul 26, 2011 07:22 PM
Sold Blade MCX2 Like New RTF or BNF tamiyafan1975 Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 1 Jul 14, 2011 03:39 PM
Sold Blade mCPX RTF or BNF (factory sealed new in box) PatternFlyer Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 5 Mar 28, 2011 03:25 PM