HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:37 PM
Joined May 2000
2,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr00ejr View Post
Been looking at the little QR-1, but don't have the funds yet. I love my MQX and am not sure I'd mess with the QR-1 enough. I guess I could fly it inside maybe when I can't fly the MQX outside. Can't imagine keeping track of that QR-1 outside, I have a hard enough time keeping orientation on the MQX.
I know what you mean, the MQX seems like a giant after zipping that QR 1 around A 20 ft box of airspace and you can track it pretty good, or go up high directly above you and it's not that bad, but it is small for how fast it is. The QR1 stays "put" way better, and to me, doesn't fall off the the MQX. Seems like all of these manufacturers need to take a tip from heli's, and paint these brighter colors for orientation
RICH S is offline Find More Posts by RICH S
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:10 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,697 Posts
I asked and Aaron Quin came through. Here is nice MQX canopy for the P799 clone for $2.20 shipped from banggood.com. I just ordered 2!

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-P7...y-p-58297.html
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:21 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,426 Posts
I painted mine with orange paint so I could tell where the back is and works great so far.

I turned AILE, RUD, and ELEV D/R down to 85 per cent so it wouldn't be so frisky.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:01 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH S View Post
Had the QR 1 first, the QX seems like a lightly wing loaded slowflyer airplane, and is nice. The little QR 1 stabilization system seems a lot more locked in. These are fun
My MQX and SQ-1.

Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
270 Posts
It's not documenting, but it's really working.

mQX throttle calibration:

Set throttle channel travel = 100%, then bind mQX, disconnect flight battery, set maximum throttle at Tx, connect flight battery, after binding lower throttle to minimum.
vlad_vy is online now Find More Posts by vlad_vy
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:10 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_vy View Post
It's not documenting, but it's really working.

mQX throttle calibration:

Set throttle channel travel = 100%, then bind mQX, disconnect flight battery, set maximum throttle at Tx, connect flight battery, after binding lower throttle to minimum.
And what does this accomplish?
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:36 PM
Joined Dec 2011
270 Posts
If you have overload and shutdown at full throttle this can help. Possible your throttle channel has too much travel than mQX expect.
vlad_vy is online now Find More Posts by vlad_vy
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:45 AM
Watch this! *crunch*
United States, GA
Joined Jul 2012
261 Posts
Gonna order mine after X-Mas
nforbesrc99 is offline Find More Posts by nforbesrc99
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:35 PM
Noob
United States, CO, Castle Rock
Joined Oct 2012
29 Posts
I have been flying mine for a week and wow, what a blast this thing is! Almost all of my flying has been indoors so far. Our living room blends into the kitchen and has a cathedral ceiling so there is plenty of room to fly. Had a few crashes in the beginning but this thing has been indestructible.

My only experience prior to this was with Syma S107 but naturally 3-channel training does nothing to help in the 4-channel world. It took me many MQX flights to "relearn" the controls.

I was using noob settings from a YouTube tutorial for DX6i+MQX but ditched them after a day as they make it impossible to get the MQX under control if you get it moving too quickly. Now I fly in acro mode with all controls at 100% and love it.

I consider myself an "advanced noob" with it; i.e. I still cannot control it well when its flying towards me, and I have not attempted stunts, but with its back to me, I can make it do just about anything indoors and not crash. What a blast!
ManiZ is offline Find More Posts by ManiZ
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:24 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2012
639 Posts
Woot....just scored a 2nd BNF MQX for $50. Wish I had got it before ordering a new board, motors, blades for my existing one. Oh well.

New board arrived, installed, all motors are spinning. I'm really nervous to try and fly it though. I'd hate for a motor to give out in flight again and I come crashing down. :-/ All motors spin up to speed at the same time. Maybe my old one had board issues before the crash and the motors are okay? Thoughts?

Maybe I'll get brave enough to fly over grass tomorrow and hope I don't come crashing down. Not sure if I'll keep the second one, sell the second one, hybrid the 2nd one - or what.

EDITED TO ADD (instead of back to back post): Okay, couldn't stand it any longer. Procturing an IT System Test at work - needed a mental break for me and the team - the MQX Flies! No sign of motor issues, but very mild, indoor flying and only 3 minutes. I'll take it outdoors tomorrow at lunch and really give it a go.
jdr00ejr is offline Find More Posts by jdr00ejr
Last edited by jdr00ejr; Dec 12, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:25 PM
Joined May 2000
2,030 Posts
Color ?

That silver just did not cut it outside, anyone else do a paint scheme on your MQX, makes orientation way easier up high
RICH S is offline Find More Posts by RICH S
Last edited by RICH S; Jun 16, 2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:32 PM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH S View Post
That silver just did not cut it outside, anyone else do a paint scheme on your MQX, makes orientation way easier up high
Maybe this??

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6486
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:05 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
I painted red stripes on my RF prop, and blue stripes on my LF prop, love it.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:12 AM
Tassie Electric, Heli, Glider
Hobart, Australia
Joined Oct 2002
2,583 Posts
Im too conventional. Needs to be red on port props and green on starboard!
ChrisJ800 is online now Find More Posts by ChrisJ800
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:15 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,110 Posts
Tbh, youre right, im actually getting new props tomorrow and i just got new sharpies, Il make sure its red on port and green on starboardl
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower