HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 24, 2012, 04:02 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,468 Posts
Tucson RC club has a big contest this weekend. Plus swap meet and came home with many good buys. Couple of big items were MQX RTF with extra items. Used but flys wonderful. Just put couple test flight in. It came with out charger but one for V929 works fine. Also have Sol-pro that works also [328].
The best was a new bnf MCPX . Heli and battery only. Both for $125.00. MQX came with four extra blades/ new canopy, and new frame. Not need as bird is good to go. I just serviced it. Flys good but only have Toy TX. Now I need a DX6i. MCP-X is I guess original version but she be new !! Thats for later as I have no other 6ch that will work at this time.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2012, 10:59 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,411 Posts
One more question here. For the MQX, I set the model type as heli correct?
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:04 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Who makes the best LED light set for the MQX?
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:39 AM
Moving Parts
United States, MS, Columbus
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
One more question here. For the MQX, I set the model type as heli correct?
Users manual page 6 > general binding procedures 3. Select Acro or Airplane model type on your transmitter.
ChopperJack is offline Find More Posts by ChopperJack
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:45 AM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
USA, MD, Annapolis
Joined Feb 2005
4,964 Posts
electricrc68,
I use the Heli mode as it allows me to alter the throttle curve for smoother control in the hover. Also make sure you activate the throttle cut in case you are about to encounter a solid object. Check out this write up in RC Helicopter Fun. Great source of information.
Gary

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/blade-mqx.html
Gary Hoorn is online now Find More Posts by Gary Hoorn
Old Nov 25, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined May 2011
4,411 Posts
Ah okay thanks guys. If I use it in heli mode, will there be a difference in flight?
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:09 PM
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Ah okay thanks guys. If I use it in heli mode, will there be a difference in flight?
Only in that you can set a curve on your throttle.
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:12 PM
Joined May 2011
4,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSonders View Post
Only in that you can set a curve on your throttle.
Ah okay thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:55 PM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jan 2012
328 Posts
Is there an adapter plug thingy that will let me plug the Eflite batteries (with the little red jst? plug) from my MQX into the Ladybird socket so I can use those 500 packs?
overmyhead is online now Find More Posts by overmyhead
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:14 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overmyhead View Post
Is there an adapter plug thingy that will let me plug the Eflite batteries (with the little red jst? plug) from my MQX into the Ladybird socket so I can use those 500 packs?
You want to use the 500mah batteries on your LadyBird?
If yes, your ladybirds motors won't last long according to the 500s weight and longer flighttime.
You shouldn't do that
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Nov 25, 2012, 02:12 PM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jan 2012
328 Posts
O.K. thanks for the heads up!
overmyhead is online now Find More Posts by overmyhead
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:15 PM
Moving Parts
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Hoorn View Post
electricrc68,
I use the Heli mode as it allows me to alter the throttle curve for smoother control in the hover. Also make sure you activate the throttle cut in case you are about to encounter a solid object. Check out this write up in RC Helicopter Fun. Great source of information.
Gary

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/blade-mqx.html
Great review! He has the same complaint I do about visibility but then that is sort of the nature of a quad because it's design.

I had checked out several quads but couldn't decide which one would be a good first attempt until I discovered the mQX. I am very impressed with this not too big not too little, big bang for the buck easy to maintain great quad heli.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by ChopperJack; Nov 25, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:25 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,468 Posts
I have MQX and V929. Yes I like MQX better but bang for buck V929 is three times cheaper with free shipping and has four rate TX. V929 has nicer TX with screen. V929 you have 20%40%60%100%. MQX you have 80%100% so bird is hotter to fly. Depends on what you want and willg to pay for it.
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:07 PM
Moving Parts
Joined May 2011
1,428 Posts
Yes, I suppose you are correct. Now the question comes, to cloan or not to cloan. That is the question.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 25, 2012, 10:04 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
8,468 Posts
MQX will be better than the clone. That said V929 is a fine bird and my two have stood test of time. I fly them on T9X but stock TX worked fine. Blade helis/Quad are here USA and good support. Parts are available and no month wait. I have needed nothing for my V929's and stock battery is still going strong. My MQX was bought used and see no issues. I will get a DX6i in future or DX7e. I plan on flying 6ch C/P in future and Spectrum is good way to go. I have a few Walkrea Ladybirds V1 with Devo 7 and there is not a better flying quad that can match it in mico size. MQX with DX6i I think would be is same class of flying. My Hoten X will smoke all of them . What ever you decide have fun.