HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:37 PM
Philippians 4:13
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
next question (s)... I have a dx7 and a dx5. I was actually hoping to bind this to my dx5 so I could leave it at work with the dx5 but after reading a little bit more about this bird it looks like a little expo is nice. So, does anyone use the dx5? and would somebody kindly point me in the direction of their dx7 settings? Please don't feel likeyou have to list everything because I am sure that it has been covered but if someone does know where it has been covered, a link to that post would be awesome. I did a search and there is simply too many :-)
ty_horn is offline Find More Posts by ty_horn
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:32 AM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,088 Posts
HH made it so that all AS3X airplanes fly perfect with no programming. All you you need is personalized rates and a touch of expo.
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:55 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,829 Posts
yes everyone is different, just set a couple of downrates with expo for both..
start with perhaps 100% 75% and 50% on the rates and 30-40% expo on all..
you will soon need to reduce the numbers as you get used to the flight and want more control..

The v929 starts at 20% and goes up in steps of 20% to its max.. the lowest rate soon becomes too low...as will that for the mqx
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:21 AM
"I'd rather be flying..."
United States, SC, Beaufort
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Night flying the mQX

Short video flying around the Blade mQX with the new upgraded (longer wire lengths) SF Design Solutions 5-LED Light Kit.

SF Design Solutions Blade mQX 5-LED Light Kit (1 min 51 sec)
LtColSpit is offline Find More Posts by LtColSpit
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:32 AM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Well, my wife brough my MQX home last night from HobbyTown... sweet. I bount it to my dx5e and tore up the skies last night. I have had no issues at all except for having to re-bind a couple times. Weird. Anyway, I don't believe that I will even worry about any expo at all. I am having a blast with it as it is. Haven't tried any loops or flips though.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:14 PM
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
I only had a DX5e when I first picked up my MQX.

I have since sold the DX5e and use a DX6i.

The MQX flies really well with the DX5e and the 70% rates and expo settings that you can activate are great.

The only difference I have in setup now with the DX6i is that I have the rudder turned up to 125% and leave it there even when switching on my dual rates as I came from little helicopters which will spin blindingly fast compared to the MQX.
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:55 PM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Yeah I suppose that is about th only reason I would want to use my dx7. It would be nice to add some rudder and actually add a little to all channels so it would to tighter loops. I sure do wish my cell pro chargers would charge single cell lipos. My other two chargers will charge single cells vut only at 1C. Go figure. These birds are crazy tuff. Ive been flying in the wind and crashing into the house, trees, ground and myself even. No damage yet. Ha
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:20 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtColSpit View Post
Short video flying around the Blade mQX with the new upgraded (longer wire lengths) SF Design Solutions 5-LED Light Kit.

https://vimeo.com/51794769
Can you post some pictures on how they are connected to the MQX?? Please.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:27 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,599 Posts
OK, I just ordered the Wl toys V949. The new one with the UFO canopy and crazy UFO lights for night flying. Can't wait to get it, unfortunately it is not available yet in BNF for my 9x but I had a coupon so $43 for RTF is dirt cheap no? But you know why I love my Mqx? Cause it's not dumbed down with auto-flip so I can run in full rates without worrying about it flipping when I don't want it to. Not sure if the 949 has accellerometers, will report back.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:28 AM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Can you post some pictures on how they are connected to the MQX?? Please.
Reference the below link and thread #178. For more info, visit www.sf-design-solutions.com

Install photo's and info: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1481704

You can route the wire's through the carbon tubes as posted in the threads, or tape the wires to the booms like I did. Hope this helps. Semper FLY!! LCS
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:45 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Pity they don't ship out of the USA
Nice stuff!
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:17 PM
Joined Mar 2004
259 Posts
$5 for International Shipping. PayPal merchant services is updated to add the $5 fee. If you want a kit(s) order and I'll ship them to you. SFDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
Pity they don't ship out of the USA
Nice stuff!
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:53 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
oh, wow. I was hoping there wouldn't be so many people forcing me to get one. I might have to now! ha ha
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:35 PM
Seward, NE
Joined Nov 2006
5,739 Posts
Hey guys... when you are in a hover and punch it full throttle should it raise straight up every time? Mine kind of pulls to the back right corner so I am unable to goose it before a loop because it always jerks over to the back right. Is there a motor problem or is this normal on these little things?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 09:45 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,599 Posts
That is a motor going bad. Soon it will not be able to remain level which is where I am at now.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72