HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:38 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,898 Posts
As a newbee, lol, I am flying right down at 30% on the rates, and will be staying there till I get my thumbs working in all the right directions...
Too many of my automatic reactions are geared to model planes, and that doesnt always do the job...
It will be a while before I can crank up the rates...but I am having a lot of fun learning with this little model, whilst I am in the process of building a couple of bigger quads.. I wish I had bought one ages ago...
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 24, 2012, 02:47 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
6,898 Posts
another thanks for the canopies.. good work..much nicer than the stock setup
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Old Sep 24, 2012, 10:50 AM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
Guys, just a heads up: i've started to upload my MQX paper canopy templates on my blog. Check them out
Darsh, is there a reason why there isn't a button on your blog that I can follow with RSS? I can subscribe to all of your threads but without the RSS feed link I can't know if something new is there unless you explicitly let us know (or I remember to check every so often).

Not saying you have to enable the RSS link or anything (obviously it's your choice and all), but your adoring fans would certainly find it useful when keeping up with your work.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 24, 2012, 03:56 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
As a newbee, lol, I am flying right down at 30% on the rates, and will be staying there till I get my thumbs working in all the right directions...
Too many of my automatic reactions are geared to model planes, and that doesnt always do the job...
When I first learned to fly heli's, I found that "Radd's method" helped with getting my thumb reactions right.
Unfortunately, Radd's method does not work well with 3 axis gyro heli's (just a tail gyro is okay), but one can alway use "Radd's method" with a simulated heli (what I did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
...I wish I had bought one ages ago...
As far as I know, except for some older Walkera quads that were fragile (Walkera's current Ladybird is much less fragile), the mQx is the first RTF/BNF type quad of about its size and cost, and it came out less than a year ago (the first post on this thread is Dec. 29, 2011).

I wish these quads were around when I first started RC flying a bunch of years ago..
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Sep 24, 2012, 05:53 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
When I first learned to fly heli's, I found that "Radd's method" helped with getting my thumb reactions right.
Unfortunately, Radd's method does not work well with 3 axis gyro heli's (just a tail gyro is okay), but one can alway use "Radd's method" with a simulated heli (what I did).

As far as I know, except for some older Walkera quads that were fragile (Walkera's current Ladybird is much less fragile), the mQx is the first RTF/BNF type quad of about its size and cost, and it came out less than a year ago (the first post on this thread is Dec. 29, 2011).

I wish these quads were around when I first started RC flying a bunch of years ago..
Yeah, but could you imagine what the price would have been?
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:05 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,245 Posts
No joke. That's why I stayed away from them. I've had an intriguing interest for a number of years, but just the thought of even giving it a shot made me cringe. I would basically have to of sold every single rc plane/helicopter I had to try it out. But every since the release of the mqx and ladybird the market has changed dramatically and I'm building up the things needed to finally build a true hobby grade quad. I'm hooked!
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Sep 24, 2012, 06:12 PM
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
No joke. That's why I stayed away from them. I've had an intriguing interest for a number of years, but just the thought of even giving it a shot made me cringe. I would basically have to of sold every single rc plane/helicopter I had to try it out. But every since the release of the mqx and ladybird the market has changed dramatically and I'm building up the things needed to finally build a true hobby grade quad. I'm hooked!

I'm fairly new to the hobby having just less than 12 months flying under my wings so far, but quad never interested me, I always thought Heli's just looked cooler. I've had a few heli's now, nothing with collective pitch just yet but once I started playing with an MQX I realised just how awesome quads are. So stable, so easy to fly, so easy to maintain.

I'm now hooked on quads too, have a T380 boxed up for christmas and I'm hoping to piece by piece upgrade that (or simply build another) and end up with something fairly aerobatic, well and truly bitten by the quad bug...will also be looking at FPV, hopefully it'll come naturally to me as I play a lot of computer games too.
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
Old Sep 24, 2012, 08:06 PM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Darsh, is there a reason why there isn't a button on your blog that I can follow with RSS? I can subscribe to all of your threads but without the RSS feed link I can't know if something new is there unless you explicitly let us know (or I remember to check every so often).

Not saying you have to enable the RSS link or anything (obviously it's your choice and all), but your adoring fans would certainly find it useful when keeping up with your work.
i didn't even knew you had to turn on rss manually.. but it seems to me that it's already on by default... i'll try to figure out.
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:55 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh View Post
i didn't even knew you had to turn on rss manually.. but it seems to me that it's already on by default... i'll try to figure out.
Hmm... I just checked and it's not clear to me, either. If you click on my name to go to my blog (for instance) you'll see the "Contact Info" box down on the right hand side. The "Subscribe via RSS" option is just below the private messages/emails links. Maybe you don't have the Contact Info box there because you've disabled email and PMs or something? Don't know if that's the case but it would be odd that a RSS link to your blog would be tied to that....
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:06 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
I have just gone through all the options to edit my blog and I can't see any reference to RSS, this is very strange and a pity as I use RSS quite a lot to follow blogs I have an interest in

John.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:38 AM
Tinkerer of makeshift failures
Joined Jun 2012
325 Posts
Of course it didn't work... i had contact info hidden
Darsh is offline Find More Posts by Darsh
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:44 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,245 Posts
Subscribed.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Sep 25, 2012, 12:50 PM
Joined Dec 2011
4,784 Posts
Ah....there it is. Thanks!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 25, 2012, 09:21 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,268 Posts
My MQX Crab!!

Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Sep 25, 2012, 11:33 PM
Perth Australia
Joined Feb 2010
507 Posts
apologies if this has been covered already but 400 + pages .... can the mqx be purchased without receiver so the purchaser can use existing (non spektrum ) radio ?
swervo is offline Find More Posts by swervo