HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:01 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,323 Posts
Thanks for posting the link. You're just too fast for me today.

As for parts I ordered from Helircstore.com

Not only are they in the good ol' USA (North Carolina), but their prices were excellent for the things I needed. Actually even cheaper then many places on ebay oversees. Not plugging them, just thought they had great pricing. I Placed my order Monday night they shipped out Tuesday and are being delivered today. And that was with standard shipping.

I only have a jr x9503, so I try and keep everything spektrum. I plan to use lots of expo to start off.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:22 PM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
7,016 Posts
Just bought one of these quads..loving it already..
I fly rc planes but I am a newbee on quads ... I do need to get my thumbs in control..
Got very low rates 30%.. plus loads of expo 30%.. and I am getting the hover and directions nicely sorted in a very confined space..

I didnt like the white props for the front, so I swapped the body around and reversed the aileron and elevator servos.. I supose its flying in reverse, but it goes fine which ever way round you look at it...
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Last edited by davereap; Sep 13, 2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:45 PM
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post
I fly rc planes but I am a newbee on quads ... I do need to get my thumbs in control..
Got very low rates 30%.. plus loads of expo 30%.. and I am getting the hover and directions nicely sorted in a very confined space..

I didnt like the white props for the front, so I swapped the body around and reversed the aileron and elevator servos.. I supose its flying in reverse, but it goes fine which ever way round you look at it...

Those props are held on by a tiny screw, it's a couple of minutes to swap them over to black on the front and white in the back.
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:36 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,323 Posts
Hey guys another new canopy on ebay. With lights!

Endless Evolution
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:54 PM
I'd rather be flying
United States, NY, Saratoga Springs
Joined Jan 2009
1,312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Hey guys another new canopy on ebay. With lights!

Endless Evolution
Interesting,, I wonder if those LED lights are bright enough to be seen from a distance.
baddb1 is online now Find More Posts by baddb1
Old Sep 13, 2012, 05:29 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,323 Posts
I will be finding out.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:50 AM
Fly/Drive. Crash. Repare.
USA, WA, Spokane or USA, ID, Rathdrum
Joined Mar 2010
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davereap View Post

If you want to just switch the blades they are held on by little screws in the bottom "shaft" part of the blades. Hope I helped!

funrchelis
funrchelis is offline Find More Posts by funrchelis
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:11 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,323 Posts
Wrong thread
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:14 PM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,323 Posts
Built my mqx/ladybird hybrid today using the Rakon Heli kit. Boy is this thing tiny! The kit is extremely well thought out. Even though I know it's not needed the cf stuff sure looks cool and once again the design is very well thought out.

Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347653648.305714.jpg
Views: 94
Size: 158.9 KB
Description:
Name: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347653663.514609.jpg
Views: 80
Size: 164.8 KB
Description:

No canopy yet as I didn't want to use the lb canopy because they don't actually fully cover the board.

I've only gotten to fly it in the living room for a few minutes. I have to admit its pretty cool!
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:15 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
7,016 Posts
Thanks I saw the screws for removing the blade, but couldn't be bothered.
Its a quad .lol..and doesn't care if its going forward or backward..as long as the board is orientated correctly along the line of flight it works fine..Much quicker to do the swap on the radio settings
My only problem is that my thumbs are not trained up enough, and obviously the flight of these quads is a fair bit different to the model planes I am used to..
Having good fun, even though it gets away from me on a regular basis..
Flying mostly in a confined space I am having to be precise in my control to avoid obstacles..
My next job is to try some canopy forming..
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:38 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor Charter Township
Joined Mar 2012
1,168 Posts
Logitech giving away free blank mQX canopies

Hahaha..
With the purchase of certain laser mice, get a blank canopy free!
N8LBV is offline Find More Posts by N8LBV
Old Sep 16, 2012, 05:27 AM
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
7,016 Posts
now i will be looking through my cupboards to see if I kept any packaging....lol
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:05 AM
RC Logger Support
Joined Jan 2010
3,323 Posts
Haha. It's amazing what you can find to use as a canopy.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:38 AM
Joined Jan 2012
58 Posts
I bought the Rakon Heli upgrade.

Really nice design! They also have very good customer service.

I broke the thruster arm mounts on one of the motor mounts after a not so hard crash. I emailed them and they sent me four more for free.

Unfortunately, I broke another two today while I was up with a key chain camera (the extra weight made the quad difficult to control). I think the extra weight also contributed to the snapped mounts today. So, that is on me.

I think this may be the weak spot in the design. Those mounts are a little brittle. Also, the booms will push in a little on light crashes. Otherwise, though, love the product. And like I said the customer service was excellent.
APP814 is offline Find More Posts by APP814
Last edited by APP814; Sep 16, 2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:55 PM
Joined Jan 2011
44 Posts
Glider launcher

Found a new use for the mqx this weekend. Was making paper airplanes with my 6yo and in an effort to incorporate a little flying time I quickly hooked a string to the paper clip on the paper airplane and hooked it up to the mqx Tied a loose knot and took it up about 40 or 50 ft and shook the plane loose. Lot of fun watching the airplane glide down from that high up.
pdwire is offline Find More Posts by pdwire