http://miniaviation.com/products.html
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 11:32 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,177 Posts
I just tried flying my mqx in about 7mph winds and still not sure what you guys are talking about. I could barely keep it in the air. I was making it lean way forward to keep it hovering and I tried doing flips and stuff and it only went crazy out of control and crashed several times. I didnt find it any more fun.
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:44 PM
it was just a bumpy landing...
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
2,754 Posts
Boy this thread sure has been quiet lately. Well I finally got my mqx in onTuesday. I've put a few packs through it. Mostly indoors due to weather, but a little outdoors as well. I have to admit this little quad is a little harder to fly than I thought. Granted I've only flown an msr and cb100 and it's been a while since I owned them, so as of late it's just been the mcx2 and cx3. I didn't realize how quickly this little quad can get away from you. It starts moving fast! Even at 50% on the dr I'm having a little harder time with this thing than I thought. Still it's an absolute blast and as everyone else has attested to it's extremely durable. That's really why I wanted a quad. The thing I hated about my other heli's is when something wasn't running perfectly smooth I would go through the whole thing and sometimes end up replacing 4 or 5 parts before having it running smoothly again. With the quad copter having no moving parts it really helps alleviate a lot of that, plus a few crashes I've had would have definitely resulted in broken parts on my other heli's but on the quad, just pick it up and keep flying. The durability removes a lot of frustration and once my Mini Aviation packs come in (hopefully today) I will be putting this thing in the air as much as I can in the evenings to "master" this thing.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:56 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,028 Posts
Uh Oh

Looks like Syma has come out with their own version of the mQX...looks kind of familiar.....

Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:00 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,754 Posts
Yes from reviews it sounds to be a good flyer. I think like most others though it has the auto flip feature rather than manual flip.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:02 PM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Banggood Syma X1 Flight Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Uqu31FXyi7o
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Last edited by IFlyRCs; Sep 06, 2012 at 02:38 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 02:56 PM
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Yes from reviews it sounds to be a good flyer. I think like most others though it has the auto flip feature rather than manual flip.
Surely that means it can do both?

I didn't realise any of these things had an auto flip at all, but i'd imagine you can do a manual flip too.

I've just ordered a cheapy V929 for my father-in-law for christmas, does that one have autoflip?
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:00 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,754 Posts
Yes the 929 is autoflip. Actually I don't believe they have the ability to do manual if they are programmed for autoflip. Reason being is once you hit forward on the sticks to do a flip the board is programmed to basically do it for you, which is nice for a beginner, but obviously doesn't teach anything on how to do it. Also due to that feature it can't do more than one flip at a time. Meaning, once it completes the flip the board has a 2 second delay before it will allow a secondary flip.
Last edited by jlcamp7; Sep 06, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:01 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,028 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColSonders View Post
Surely that means it can do both?

I didn't realise any of these things had an auto flip at all, but i'd imagine you can do a manual flip too.

I've just ordered a cheapy V929 for my father-in-law for christmas, does that one have autoflip?
Yes.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,754 Posts
I just put another quick flight in on the mqx. This time I added some expo (20%) and it felt much better. I had originally kept it at inh because from what I had read there was supposedly already expo from the factory built into the mqx and mostly everyones settings they were keeping it at zero. It felt much more controlled and not as squirrely though with a little expo, so it worked great for me since I like to have a little give in all of my planes/helicopters. Some would probably say I fly a little mushy.

I do have a question. I've got it fairly dialed in, but there still is little bits of shifting here and there, which is to be expected. However I was wondering about when you do pirouettes (not sure if you call it that for a quad) if it's dialed in does it stay in one place or does it begin to kind of shift around needing correction? I'm assuming it might because of the blade wash that takes place but wasn't sure. I know on my msr I could hit a pirouette and it would lock in rock solid spinning like a top only needing throttle to keep altitude, but never needing other stick adjustments to keep it from "getting off balanced" of the spin. Basically I can only get it to spin once then it starts kind of going off axis of the spin.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:16 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,028 Posts
Quote:
I just put another quick flight in on the mqx. This time I added some expo (20%) and it felt much better. I had originally kept it at inh because from what I had read there was supposedly already expo from the factory built into the mqx and mostly everyones settings they were keeping it at zero. It felt much more controlled and not as squirrely though with a little expo, so it worked great for me since I like to have a little give in all of my planes/helicopters. Some would probably say I fly a little mushy.

I do have a question. I've got it fairly dialed in, but there still is little bits of shifting here and there, which is to be expected. However I was wondering about when you do pirouettes (not sure if you call it that for a quad) if it's dialed in does it stay in one place or does it begin to kind of shift around needing correction? I'm assuming it might because of the blade wash that takes place but wasn't sure. I know on my msr I could hit a pirouette and it would lock in rock solid spinning like a top only needing throttle to keep altitude, but never needing other stick adjustments to keep it from "getting off balanced" of the spin. Basically I can only get it to spin once then it starts kind of going off axis of the spin.
What are your DX6i settings, please.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:30 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,754 Posts
I'm actually using a jr x9503, but the settings translate the same. Using acro mode. Pretty standard setup. Low rates 50% with 20% expo and high rates 100% with 30% expo. Not still sure on really needing any expo on rudder since its not so twitchy just turning from left to right.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:41 AM
Joined Nov 2010
681 Posts
Auto flip? On the v9x9? Well the one banggood sent me the tx shows mode 2, but the sticks are mode 1, the lt side button does the the 3 dual rate thing, but auto flip?
On ladybird it is all you on the sticks, same with my mQX, and hotenX BNF with devo7 is all me on sticks at higher expo settings.
The people I'm waiting for syma's entry into ez quad flight haven't answered other mails except " yeah, we said in stock, and ships same day, but we don't have it yet" same poop bang good does anyway
Back to auto flip? I have got any quads that do that, or I dont know how on my v929/v939's
And after learning on mQX, the v9x's and hotenX seem way faster. The hotenX got it cog above the prop plane with stock battery and I think that helps, because when I use an eflight 7.4 1000mah batt the cog is more inline with what I'm used to below the prop plane about even with the hotenx's esc board, and while stock battery flying flipping, it feels like it does auto flip, but if I don't follow thru on the sticks I auger in blades down....the only quad besides xaircraft 650 is the ladybirdQR that I've broke things on, kinda weird since its so light, and all the quads I have except x650 I pre ca'd the booms well hotenX I haven't because I can't figure out what the hotenX booms are made of and not yet willing to scrape or whatever to find out because...well the hotenX has nice airframe....and I did cry when the movie " batteries not included" came out....( hotenX canopy is very much like those in the movie, but I got some yellow krylon he he)
boxhead530 is offline Find More Posts by boxhead530
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:16 AM
United Kingdom, England, Consett
Joined Feb 2012
113 Posts
Settings wise I was using a DX5e until recently, with or without expo made very little difference to me, I honestly feel expo is overratered and not understood particularly well by many.

The DX5e had a dual rate switch to put it at 70% on the ail/ele/rud which helped quite a bit but it was still quite twitchy if you weren't careful.

I tried a few things out when I got my DX6i and I have my dual rates set to 50%/100% and only really use 100% for flips as 50% is more than adequate for normal flight.

I also set up a newbie setting for when others want to try it and that pulls the rates down to 20%/40% and I feel this really tames it down. Certainly worth trying some drastically low if you're still finding it too squirelly.
ColSonders is offline Find More Posts by ColSonders
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:26 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,028 Posts
Quote:
Yes the 929 is autoflip. Actually I don't believe they have the ability to do manual if they are programmed for autoflip. Reason being is once you hit forward on the sticks to do a flip the board is programmed to basically do it for you, which is nice for a beginner, but obviously doesn't teach anything on how to do it. Also due to that feature it can't do more than one flip at a time. Meaning, once it completes the flip the board has a 2 second delay before it will allow a secondary flip.
I pretty sure you can flip it with auto selected....I'll let you know in a few days.