SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 28, 2012, 06:01 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
... I was flying it out in front of my house and went up to try a flip and I flipped it to where it ended up coming down more then i thought and came right at my head! I ducked just in time to feel it buzz right over my head and fly by. somehow I never crashed it, but it was an inch from taking my head off! lol.
Every heli that I have owned has hit me (fortunately usually with throttled off in time). I think I will stay away from CP heli's with ~4000rpm rotors
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 08:23 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Check these out!

http://www.2dogrc.com/li-poly-batter...opter-mqx.html
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:28 PM
United States, RI
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
Quote:
They seem really expensive .. unless I am missing something??
Scootatrash is offline Find More Posts by Scootatrash
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:57 AM
Former IAF pilot. Retired
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Apr 2012
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootatrash View Post
They seem really expensive .. unless I am missing something??
Lol, yes!
kosem is offline Find More Posts by kosem
Old Jul 29, 2012, 08:47 AM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosem View Post
Lol, yes!
yes they cost more, but did you see the specs? 35c rating. that is higher then others I have seen. I read reviews on them too and they seem to be very good batteries.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:20 AM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
yes they cost more, but did you see the specs? 35c rating. that is higher then others I have seen. I read reviews on them too and they seem to be very good batteries.
45c!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Mar 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
I cannot find any reviews of these batteries, please share links.
The batteries you referenced are $14 each and shipping is at least $6, so 3 would cost at least $48. In the details they state that they are 600mah 20C batteries.
Nano-tech 600mah 35-70C from HobbyKing are $2.48 each, plus $2.99 shipping when I ordered 3, total of $11.
Hyperion 550mah 25C are less than $20, including shipping, from ebay.
What specs are you comparing?
TomQ is offline Find More Posts by TomQ
Old Jul 29, 2012, 10:53 AM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomQ View Post
I cannot find any reviews of these batteries, please share links.
The batteries you referenced are $14 each and shipping is at least $6, so 3 would cost at least $48. In the details they state that they are 600mah 20C batteries.
Nano-tech 600mah 35-70C from HobbyKing are $2.48 each, plus $2.99 shipping when I ordered 3, total of $11.
Hyperion 550mah 25C are less than $20, including shipping, from ebay.
What specs are you comparing?

Look closely, apparently for that price, they come with a Thai hooker!

Yah, buy 3 Hyperions on Ebay for 20buxish shipped and enjoy true rated "C"s!

b
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Jul 29, 2012, 12:40 PM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
this is the review I read. I never looked to see how much shipping was, I just looked at the battery price and saw the 45c rating which was higher then I had seen from other batteries. This review is for their larger batteries, but they seem to have a pretty true c rating from this review. Never said they were the BEST battery for the mqx, just a good one to consider I think. Its not always about price. if a battery performs better, then its worth more. Yes the Turnigy's are cheap, but I have a buddy who has flown lots of Turnigy batteries and they have not lasted or performed very well. Their c rating does not seem accurate either. He is not the only one I have heard this from either. I have flown sky lipos that have a 40c rating and then I got a Gens Ace with a 25c rating and the Gens Ace blew the sky lipo away! same size, same mah, only the c rating was different. All this to say, some batteries are worth the extra money if they have a true c rating, such as Hyperion, TP, Gens Ace, etc. I have no idea if these do other then what this reviewer states.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1692183
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:35 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jun 2010
58 Posts
I picked up a DX6i and bound it to my RTF MQX. Now that I am using the DX6i to control it, I am having a bit of trouble keeping the MQX at a stable height. Any tips?

I think it was easier to control a steady height with the included controller.
jessecuster is offline Find More Posts by jessecuster
Old Jul 29, 2012, 03:52 PM
Licensed Lunatic
United States, FL, Lake City
Joined Mar 2012
254 Posts
You could try playing with the throttle expo settings, but I think you just need to get a feel for the new transmitter. I've been using a DX6i with mine from day one and have never had any issues with it in any way.

Depending on how experienced you are with the MQx already, I would also recommend going in and adjusting the aileron and elevator DR settings so it's a little easier to fly. I have things tuned down to about 70% for normal flying, and at the flip of a switch everything jumps to 100% so I can pull off loops and what-not.
iamsuperbleeder is offline Find More Posts by iamsuperbleeder
Old Jul 29, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
I just got the mqx....It's awesome. I lost control and crashed it and the motor and blade on one arm popped off. When I put it back on and hit the throttle the blade turns but upon lift off it won't leave the ground on that particular blade...Any suggestions?

Matt
mbrown1122 is offline Find More Posts by mbrown1122
Old Jul 29, 2012, 06:59 PM
Licensed Lunatic
United States, FL, Lake City
Joined Mar 2012
254 Posts
check to make sure you didn't push the plastic gear too hard onto the prop shaft; make sure it free spins as easily as the other 3. if you push it back together too much it'll bind up with the motor mount assembly enough to slow it down. the prop, prop shaft, and plastic gear should have a little play up and down in the mount; no so much that it'll cause gear mesh issues, but enough to where it's not going to bind up

but you also mention that the entire assembly came off? does that mean the motor came unplugged at any spot? make sure you didn't plug the motor in backwards
iamsuperbleeder is offline Find More Posts by iamsuperbleeder
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:34 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Apr 2010
114 Posts
DX7 and MQX

Greetings.

I am trying to set up dual rates for my MQX on my new (to me) DX7.

My problem is that I can't see how to set up a switch to switch between settings.

As per the attached screen shot, I followed the instructions on page 50 of the DX7 manual to nominate a switch, but this menu item does not appear - I'm sure that I'm doing it right.

Can anyone see what I have missed, please?

Chris
ChrisLevo is offline Find More Posts by ChrisLevo
Old Jul 30, 2012, 05:55 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLevo View Post
Folks,

2 day old MQX.

Bound it to my DX7 yesterday, and it hovered pretty well.

Today, the front-right white blade does not want to spin when it is on the ground, and if I give it any throttle it just goes into a quick FFF with the nose down.

Trying to make it stop by using a little reverse elevator just flips it on its back.

I have a spare MLP4DSM transmitter, so tried binding it to that, with the same result.

No trim on either transmitter.

Everything seems to be connected OK, and the motors are turning the cogs OK.

Help!

Chris
Look in the manual...rebind it for the X config if it is that way...it's a little tricky to do....as soon as you are in bind mode, hole the rudder stick to the left....that will make you into X config...if you hold the rudder stick to the right, it will be in the + config.
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131