SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 20, 2012, 07:51 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Jun 2012
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixter View Post
Hi Guys I am working 12 hour 6 day weeks, I need your advice. I don't have the free time to read this entire Thread. Tomorrow morning when I get off work I am driving 60 miles to the LHS to get my first Multirotor. The Blade mQX seems to be a good beginners choice. I am a very experienced RC Helicopter Pilot. What do I need besides the Blade mQX? I have a SPEKTRUM DX7 Transmitter and tons of Electric RC equipment, both Helicopter and Airplane stuff. I also have a few of the HD Key Chain Camera's. I know I will need extra Batteries, are the stock one's ok? What parts will I need in case of a crash? I like the Orange Props, they look good on the front. I am also going to order the MQX Fighter Canopy from Sparks. I am sure by using my DX7, there will be an advantage in flight control over the included Transmitter. I plan on getting the BNF or what ever they have in stock. Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks
Bobby
Get at least 2 extra booms (they get little cracks after crashes and stability is impacted), 2 extra gears (they pop off if you crash hard and can be a bit hard to find) and a few of the little bearings (a gear pops off and you'll lose at least the bottom bearing).

I've yet to lose a motor but you may or may not want both a CW and CCW....although I don't think you'll kill one of those in the next couple of flights.

Speaking from experience....
Xoxor is offline Find More Posts by Xoxor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:19 PM
Joined May 2007
32 Posts
I need pictures of the top of the control board showing the relationship or aligning with the two white props...I replaced the broken boom and now it flips on takeoff and the picts I took before repair don't show enough info...trying to look thru the posts but so far no luck...ANYONE thanks
tttom is offline Find More Posts by tttom
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:27 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tttom View Post
I need pictures of the top of the control board showing the relationship or aligning with the two white props...I replaced the broken boom and now it flips on takeoff and the picts I took before repair don't show enough info...trying to look thru the posts but so far no luck...ANYONE thanks
did you replace with the correct blade???? a or b???
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:28 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,031 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixter View Post
Hi Guys I am working 12 hour 6 day weeks, I need your advice. I don't have the free time to read this entire Thread. Tomorrow morning when I get off work I am driving 60 miles to the LHS to get my first Multirotor. The Blade mQX seems to be a good beginners choice. I am a very experienced RC Helicopter Pilot. What do I need besides the Blade mQX? I have a SPEKTRUM DX7 Transmitter and tons of Electric RC equipment, both Helicopter and Airplane stuff. I also have a few of the HD Key Chain Camera's. I know I will need extra Batteries, are the stock one's ok? What parts will I need in case of a crash? I like the Orange Props, they look good on the front. I am also going to order the MQX Fighter Canopy from Sparks. I am sure by using my DX7, there will be an advantage in flight control over the included Transmitter. I plan on getting the BNF or what ever they have in stock. Any advice will be appreciated

Thanks
Bobby
I fly mine since last February and I moved from coaxials to MQx. Yet I have not broken anything. I suggest to buy Hyperion batteries instead of the stock. You can make from any plastic shape a canopy instead of investing on a new one although I have to admit that Sparks Fighter canopy is a keeper. Buy a BNF and bind her to Dx7 and enjoy the flights. Happy flying
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:30 PM
Joined May 2007
32 Posts
I've replaced and oiled everything..now I notice the 4 control board mounting holes have cw and ccw arrows ...now I need to see how they line up with the batt conn wire
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:37 PM
Joined May 2007
32 Posts
POST 462 shows picts I need...I'll try to see if this helps TTTOM
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:48 PM
Joined May 2007
32 Posts
Now I'm totally confused..I thought the mounting screws arrow pointed to show the cw or ccw prop turning direction for that boom...but mine turns opposite...please can anybody check to see???
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:49 PM
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,389 Posts
Quote:
Here's a suggestion for you. Hold your quad in one hand and operate the transmitter with the other. You should be able to see the blades turn and to feel with your hand which way it wants to go - to find out which, if any, motor is going the wrong way. Then just reverse the motor plug on that particular motor and hold it again as you run it up to see if that solves your problem.
Jim_Marconnet is offline Find More Posts by Jim_Marconnet
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined May 2007
32 Posts
Post 462 view 174 shows that left white prop should turn cw...Mine turns ccw on that left white prop....manual shows it should turn ccw..so I guess I don't know what to think because view 173 shows his prop turns cw...guess I'll screw it down and fly it
Last edited by tttom; Jul 20, 2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 09:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
64 Posts
Left Front and Right Rear are CCW: motors have red and blue wires, props have B on the bottom surface near prop shaft
Right Front and Left Rear are CW: motors have black and white wires, props have A on the bottom surface

Also make sure you are matching the green paint on all the motor connections. If you have one that is reversed the motor will also turn in reverse to what is expected.
TomQ is offline Find More Posts by TomQ
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:02 PM
Joined May 2007
32 Posts
TomQ...do you mean Left Front white overhead view...if so mine is not red and blue motor ..and thats the problem thanks
Last edited by tttom; Jul 20, 2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Mar 2012
64 Posts
Yes, looking from overhead.

The arrows on the 4-in-1 board are another place to reference to determine CW versus CCW.
TomQ is offline Find More Posts by TomQ
Old Jul 20, 2012, 11:01 PM
Joined May 2007
32 Posts
TomQ..I just swapped motors and prop shafts...configured with your directions and IT FLEW...thanks I can enjoy my quad again
Old Jul 21, 2012, 03:51 AM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,869 Posts
Can someone tell me if I can change the stock TX from mode 2 to mode 1?

I want to buy a rtf while I'm here in Europe but it seems I can only get one in mode 2.
Teamsherman is offline Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jul 21, 2012, 04:44 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,792 Posts
Quote:
Post 462 view 174 shows that left white prop should turn cw...Mine turns ccw on that left white prop....manual shows it should turn ccw..so I guess I don't know what to think because view 173 shows his prop turns cw...guess I'll screw it down and fly it
A warning about the manual: there a several figures of the mQx and its props in the manual and different figures have the same prop rotating in opposite directions: in other words, the manual is inconsistent as to what direction the props rotate.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama