SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 18, 2012, 10:52 AM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
So how do you do a flip on this thing? Any other tricks??
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 02:44 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
hover high off the ground and jam the aileron/elevator stick in any direction until the mqx completes the flip/roll.

you can play with the throttle to do tighter/larger loops etc

if you go higher up you can do multiple rolls/combos. I like doing back flip/front flip and roll right/roll left combos. I've been able to do at least 6 in a row!
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Jul 18, 2012, 02:54 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Cool thanks. Cant wait till friday!!
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:52 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
I decided to get some neon orange and jet white monokote trim sheets based on comments here on the forums. I'm sure many of you know about these, but for those who don't they are very thin colored sheets that I believe use heat activated adhesive to stick. I found that rubbing my thumb on the attached trim sheets to warm them a bit helped the tape stick really well on flat surfaces. the material seems to weigh almost nothing and I didn't notice any effect in performance. the neon orange in particular helped flying in my backyard in slightly overcast weather...

enjoy!

edit: already went back and improved the look hehe
double edit: added trim to the blades, looks sweet when they're spinning!
Last edited by flying toaster; Jul 21, 2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 06:53 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
hover high off the ground and jam the aileron/elevator stick in any direction until the mqx completes the flip/roll.

you can play with the throttle to do tighter/larger loops etc

if you go higher up you can do multiple rolls/combos. I like doing back flip/front flip and roll right/roll left combos. I've been able to do at least 6 in a row!
Can you do this with the stock Tx? I tried and it was too slow to roll and just fell out of the sky. Do I have to bind it to my DX6i to get higher rates? I am flying on the higher rates with the stock Tx.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:25 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Can you do this with the stock Tx? I tried and it was too slow to roll and just fell out of the sky. Do I have to bind it to my DX6i to get higher rates? I am flying on the higher rates with the stock Tx.
stock tx on high rates should be fine. you may not be going high enough and allowing enough room to do the roll. so far I've found that doing corkscrew style rolls (up and to the right, down and to the right, etc) causes the mqx to drop less than left/right/front/back rolls.

it might help decreasing the throttle a tad as you roll then powering up as you level off so you don't drop any further after the roll

I found that practicing in a field with lots of open space helps because you can give yourself plenty of room to drop down from the roll. once you do it enough times you can start to figure out how to do tighter loops and gauge better if you have enough space to do it in less open environments.

edit: if you already have a DX6i I would bind it to the mqx anyways hehe
Last edited by flying toaster; Jul 18, 2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:28 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
You certainly can with the stock Tx as far as you have the acquired skills. There is a video posted in the early days in this thread. The best results are with the Dx6i bound to MQx.
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Jul 18, 2012, 07:28 PM
manahawkin NJ
Joined Dec 2009
1,308 Posts
I find my self wanting to sell some of my planes so i can buy more quads....
smitty919 is offline Find More Posts by smitty919
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:50 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
Some of you may have heard of an mQx clone called the V929 Beetle (used to be called Ladybird):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1680188
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1658847

compared to the mQx, it is much less expensive, but also has certain "quirks", like automatically flipping when using full stick at the 100% rate.

Anyways, my reason for mentioning this clone here is that many of the parts seem to be interchangable with mQx parts. Some known differences are the Rx board, main frame and wire plugs from the booms to the board.

I can see parts being sold here:
http://www.banggood.com/buy/v929/ind...0-0_page1.html
the parts are less expensive than "official" mQqx parts,
but this particular vendor may take awhile to ship things to you.

An example is 4 motors for ~US$16 (V929 pictures show 11 teeth on the pinion gear, but one thing to note, no differentiation between motors for CW rotation versus CCW rotation).
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by exita View Post
did anyone try this parts on the mqx?
do you think it will fit?
those parts are really cheap and with free shipping.

http://www.banggood.com/buy/V929/ind...0-0_page1.html
One thing about that vendor: from RCGroups posts, it sometimes takes a long time before one receives orders from them.
Quote:
I have held and compared both the WL Toys V929 and the Blade MQX last night. I would say most of the parts, most importantly, motors, booms and blades are interchangeable. They look identical and seem to have the same amount of teeth (I can't count those tiny teeth). I will try using these motors if I need replacements. I did not fly it enough for an impression, as it was a gift for someone else and did not want to ding it, but it seemed stable, and others have reported it flys quite well. I plan to buy the micro one (V939) when it comes out, since I already have a Blade MQX.
Jul 18, 2012 update: The motors are now differentiated for rotation, but from Banggood's Beetle description and list of spare parts, and confirmed by erdnukel2, the Beetle's motor wires have the opposite color coding from the mQx: red/blue for a CW prop (CW when viewed from the top, also known as an A prop) and black/white for a CCW prop (B prop). See below for urls.
One question is whether somebody has actually bought and received such spare parts (many are marked as not available yet).

http://www.banggood.com/buy/v929/ind...0-0_page1.html
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...f-p-46172.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
Just looked at my V929 - you are correct with the motor/power lead colors and I happened to count the teeth on mine about 1h ago for my latest blog post ... despite my weakening eyesight I got the same result (YaY!!!) 11T. (did you also count the teeth on the main gears??? Do those have 60 or 66 teeth??)
I did not order spare parts ... and hopefully wont need too soon, as I received my first spare parts with the first V929 ... in form of a second beetle ...
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Last edited by flying-llama; Jul 19, 2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Aug 2010
11 Posts
Bling Canopy's

Some Nice Blade mQX Rakon Heli Upgrade Canopy's :

I have a video with moving pictures at my youtube channel .. Just search for " mQX Rakon heli " and you will find them.
HJMDally is offline Find More Posts by HJMDally
Last edited by HJMDally; Jul 20, 2012 at 05:31 AM. Reason: I was asked to by moderator .. sorry
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:17 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJMDally View Post
Some Nice Blade mQX Rakon Heli Upgrade Canopy's :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUXGF...0&feature=plcp
How many bookaroos each?
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Apr 2008
116 Posts
The video says fifteen american dollars, near the end of the clip.

I like the sunlight glint off the canopies without use of After Effects or similar editing software.
fred_dot_u is offline Find More Posts by fred_dot_u
Old Jul 19, 2012, 01:30 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,073 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
The video says fifteen american dollars, near the end of the clip.

I like the sunlight glint off the canopies without use of After Effects or similar editing software.
I did not watch the whole video. Thanks, but $15 for paper made (it least they look to me like that) I can print my own. Thanks again.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:40 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
thanks!

Thetis is correct, the canopy is made by Frank Lachmund in Germany. http://www.franklachmund.de/ it is a TDR style canopy that he offers in many different color combinations.

a member here on rcgroups named Topper (goes by "new bee") is located in the US and imports them from Frank. he may have some in stock so shoot him a pm!
Thans to you both!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Jul 19, 2012, 02:57 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrsmith View Post
Sweet indoor bird, makes limited flying space seem bigger..
Cost about $ 85 buying all parts new
2 ccw Ladybird motor assy.
2 cw Ladybird motor assy
1 Mqx control board
1 Mqx mounting frame
Ladybird prop set
Thats all thats needed for the hybrid.
Added nose ball for orientation..
Nice job Bob!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc