SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:59 AM
Joined Mar 2009
145 Posts
So much fun with my MQX, easy to take with you on a family picnic like this one:

Family Picnic and micro FPV (5 min 45 sec)
HagayB is offline Find More Posts by HagayB
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:56 AM
Capt. Dennis
Sweden, Västerås
Joined Jan 2004
243 Posts
any ideas how to make the mQX water-landable?
iv got some pingpongballs at home. haha
ReasonSwe is offline Find More Posts by ReasonSwe
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Quad
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Mar 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReasonSwe View Post
any ideas how to make the mQX water-landable?
iv got some pingpongballs at home. haha
See post #1310 in this thread for video.
TomQ is offline Find More Posts by TomQ
Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:48 PM
Capt. Dennis
Sweden, Västerås
Joined Jan 2004
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomQ View Post
See post #1310 in this thread for video.
that was cool!

going to give it a try later if iv got the time...need to pack my stuff, going on a mini-vacation tomorrow.....and of cause, the mQX is going with us.
and my wifes HK500 heli and a DG1000.. :P hope we´v got room for the tent and stuff
ReasonSwe is offline Find More Posts by ReasonSwe
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Quad
Old Jun 14, 2012, 04:52 PM
Old Skool
Joined Dec 2003
743 Posts
Ok I got one, this thing flys great out of the box...

JD
J.Douglas is offline Find More Posts by J.Douglas
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Mar 2012
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReasonSwe View Post
that was cool!

going to give it a try later if iv got the time...need to pack my stuff, going on a mini-vacation tomorrow.....and of cause, the mQX is going with us.
and my wifes HK500 heli and a DG1000.. :P hope we´v got room for the tent and stuff
I was also wanting to take my mqx on vacation but I only have the original box, which is bulky.
Any suggestions in here for a suitable compact travel container? We'll be taking this year's holiday by train so it needs to be small, robust and preferably be able to fit inside other luggage.
micros is offline Find More Posts by micros
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:12 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by micros View Post
I was also wanting to take my mqx on vacation but I only have the original box, which is bulky.
Any suggestions in here for a suitable compact travel container? We'll be taking this year's holiday by train so it needs to be small, robust and preferably be able to fit inside other luggage.
you could get yourself an aluminum transmitter case. they work great. or you might try a shoebox and cut the foam from the original box to fit inside the shoebox. it would prob need to be a wide shoebox but I have seen some that would work.
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Jun 15, 2012, 12:46 PM
Erich Parkmann
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2012
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
Picked up an MQx a couple weeks back. Managed to competently fly it around after 5 minutes! Wha??? I can't hover my 450 Trex nor any CP, but this quad can scoot around and hovers like .. well you all know this.

So after 4 flights, I FPV'd it, of course!

And sure enough, I am hooked! Just ordered a HT-FPV frame with Naza and all the fixins, plus also ordered a LotusRC quad.

now I dunno why, but my SD card in my grounds station got corrupted halfway through the flight. So I couldn't edit the video .. but luckiiy Vimeo uploaded it. You MUST go ahead 40 seconds before the maiden flight begins...

https://vimeo.com/42784193
Hi I'm new to fpv and want to setup something like this on my mqx. What did you use to set it up? Thanks
ArticWolf is offline Find More Posts by ArticWolf
Old Jun 15, 2012, 03:48 PM
▲▼▲▼≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣ ≣≣≣≣≣ ▼▲▼▲
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Mar 2010
703 Posts
Purple Markings on the mQx board ?!?

Hello all,

I received a like-new mQx in a trade from another member and upon lifting the canopy, I saw some purple marks on the electrical chip/components... similar to this one posted by another RC member... Can someone confirm, if your mQX also have similar purple markings?

Thanks a bunch,
Seth

IndiaHobby is online now Find More Posts by IndiaHobby
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:11 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It.....
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Jan 2009
368 Posts
I've had my MQX about two weeks, bought new and mine has the purple marks also. They are not quite the same as yours but pretty close. Some kind of quality mark I would assume.
moparherb is offline Find More Posts by moparherb
Old Jun 15, 2012, 08:17 PM
United States, RI
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
I have three and they all have those purple marks.
Scootatrash is offline Find More Posts by Scootatrash
Old Jun 15, 2012, 08:46 PM
▲▼▲▼≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣≣ ≣≣≣≣≣ ▼▲▼▲
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Mar 2010
703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparherb View Post
I've had my MQX about two weeks, bought new and mine has the purple marks also. They are not quite the same as yours but pretty close. Some kind of quality mark I would assume.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootatrash View Post
I have three and they all have those purple marks.
Thank You Guys...
I can now plug the battery and give this awesome quad a try
Reading about the various canopy and landing gear mods...is giving me inspiration
IndiaHobby is online now Find More Posts by IndiaHobby
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:04 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
I took mine out this evening, what a fun quad!
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:24 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,615 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stresscracked View Post
Good Morning all !

Balancing the props can be done most easily by moving the large driven gear down off the shaft until it no longer is engaged with the small motor pinion gear, and can spin freely.

Holding the craft sideways, the prop assembly rotates quite freely (or it should if the bearings are clean and undamaged), and the prop will let you know the heavy side. As always, perform this test in very still air, as even the slightest air currents will move the prop.

After applying tape to the "light" side, rotating the craft slightly around the shaft axis with the prop horizontal, will show whether or not the prop is now in balance, it should remain in that orientation, or will drop a blade to the heavy side if not.

This method is also good to use to disclose the condition of the bearings, and it balances the entire prop/shaft/gear assembly, not just the prop.
I know this is an oldish post to reply to, but I just found it and I think it's worth re-highlighting

Balancing the props using this method on my MQx made a huge different to removing vibration in my video with an 808 camera slung under it.

After applying some tape to the 'light' blade, there was a little bit of friction in the shaft that made that last bit of difference hard to spot, but I found that by tapping on the arm below the prop, it broke the friction and encouraged the now still only slightly heavier prop to come around to the bottom. I then added a tiny sliver more tape to the light prop.

Then, when tapping it didn't make it turn no matter what position I started the props, it was all done. And as mentioned above, this balances everything, so is better than just doing the props.

Video is now vibration free. It also sounds much quieter when flying.
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Old Jun 16, 2012, 07:32 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,942 Posts
50 Flights

50 sorties on mine now, and even with the many crashes, it still flies like new.

Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection