Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 06, 2012, 02:05 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSURFnGLIDE View Post
So this may be a little off topic, but does anyone know if the control board can be used for anything else other than flying the mqx?

I ask this because i was wondering if i could somehow use it as a gimbal controler...much like you would use a KK board or something?? I dont even know how i would begin to do this, but it was an interesting thought...I dont really fly my mqx anymore since i started flying larger quads and more recently hexa..
If I am understanding correctly, I think you would do better with the receiver used in the Horizon Hobby UM airplanes. They have four channels to run speed and servos with 2 micro servos permanently mounted to the board.

The mQX receiver only runs speed control and gyro stabilization adjustments on 4 brushed motors. These have no servo outputs at all.

John
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 06, 2012, 03:20 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,335 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
If I am understanding correctly, I think you would do better with the receiver used in the Horizon Hobby UM airplanes. They have four channels to run speed and servos with 2 micro servos permanently mounted to the board.

The mQX receiver only runs speed control and gyro stabilization adjustments on 4 brushed motors. These have no servo outputs at all.

John
Yeah figured as much...wasnt too hopefull...just thought it might be possible somehow and that way i wouldnt have to buy a gimbal control...cool thanks
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:00 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,405 Posts
Hey does anyone know if there is a FPV system small enough to be used with the MQX?
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:12 PM
United States, WI, Merrill
Joined Jun 2011
1,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
Hey does anyone know if there is a FPV system small enough to be used with the MQX?
Would it be real hard for you to look 10 posts back from yours?
jgestner is offline Find More Posts by jgestner
Old Jun 06, 2012, 06:18 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgestner View Post
Would it be real hard for you to look 10 posts back from yours?
Yeah i just did that after posting...forgot to edit my last post.
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:28 PM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
1,044 Posts
I got a chance to fly today, and shot some video with the camera mounted in the foam block on top of the mQX (see my previous post). It worked OK, but the rotor blades are rather predominant in the video, so I decided to try using an under-slung approach instead. This is just a prototype, so not "pretty", but will show me if this idea works. If so, I can then work on making it look better.

I deliberately mounted the bottom tub off center, so that the camera buttons are accessible with the bottom "tub" in place. I then cut down the original top tub to get better clearance at the props (two were just touching the tips on the way around, due to being off center).

I'll find out on my first flight whether the offset poses any problems. For anyone interested, while carrying the camera atop the mQX, after flying 7 minutes per lipo on 2 lipos back to back the motor temperatures were ranging 80-83F, same as flying stock. Indoors I thought it sounded like it was working hard to carry the camera, but outside it sounded normal.
Zoandar is offline Find More Posts by Zoandar
Old Jun 06, 2012, 10:35 PM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
1,044 Posts
Oh, BTW. I forgot to mention the extended struts I added lifting the mQX for clearance of my 'tub' camera mount. The I.D. on those little plastic "boss" tubes under the motor mounts is 0.114". As it turns out, I had some spare struts from an Esky HoneyBee King Knighthead kit (part number EK1-0561) which are made of CF rod measuring 0.112", so a "slip fit". I cut 4 pieces 1.5" long and applied a dab of 3M Super 77 Classic adhesive to each rod and pressed them in. That adhesive works well, but would allow removal if desired (with a bit of effort).
Zoandar is offline Find More Posts by Zoandar
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:05 AM
East Texas
Joined Nov 2008
674 Posts
This is not a MQx but it shows what happens on a quad if the props aren't balanced.
Done by a MIT student.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dGif0Ny0Gi8
MOfroggy is offline Find More Posts by MOfroggy
Old Jun 07, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
Hi
Where can I order just the board PART BLH 7501 (for ~30$ as I was told)?
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 07, 2012, 12:25 PM
United States, RI
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
Hi
Where can I order just the board PART BLH 7501 (for ~30$ as I was told)?
Go NITRO HOBBIES on Ebay ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLADE-MQX-4-...item53eb51b155
Scootatrash is offline Find More Posts by Scootatrash
Old Jun 07, 2012, 01:22 PM
Master of Micro Modding
Australia, SA, Burra
Joined Sep 2011
2,502 Posts
Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No! it is a heli.cat.purr
My only question is: Is it capable of 3D

Orvillecopter - AirCat (1 min 15 sec)

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/m...-1226383126494
valiantGLX is offline Find More Posts by valiantGLX
Old Jun 07, 2012, 02:35 PM
Grain Valley, MO
Joined Aug 2007
172 Posts
Looks great!!! Both the cat and the video.

Wally
Wallyfingers is offline Find More Posts by Wallyfingers
Old Jun 07, 2012, 03:48 PM
Certified Heli Addict
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
900 Posts
come on with the flying cat already.
RaymondM is offline Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Jun 07, 2012, 04:19 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
995 Posts
Flying cat

Sickening
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Jun 07, 2012, 05:24 PM
Jersey Shore
Joined Feb 2012
264 Posts
MQX Acting Strange

I've been reading threw these threads looking for similar issues but ...

Yesterday I went to fly the MQX I've had for a few months and it is getting near uncontrollable. Before this I could fly it easily in 6 x 6 space. Sometimes all the motors spin, other times a random two or three spin and when all four are working the quad banks hard left at take off, then as I correct it, it pulls hard right.
When it was new, subtle inputs would stabilize the MQX now it reacts as if I yanked the stick over.

I've been flying this for quite sometime and never had issues with it before. It used to hover nicely and was fairly easy to control even on windy days. I fly with NO expo or rates on and even tried creating a new model on my DX7 for it with the same results.

It binds right away and I can't for the life of me figure out what has happened.
Any ideas? The gears are clean, props spin freely etc.
ovrclkd is offline Find More Posts by ovrclkd