HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 27, 2012, 02:01 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
Yes you can Thetis no problem if your interested get yourself over to the Bambu thread
Thank you Kris. I think I got the virus.. For the bamboo copter
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
to remove ads between posts
Old May 28, 2012, 01:06 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Thank you Kris. I think I got the virus.. For the bamboo copter
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Last edited by Kris...; May 28, 2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old May 28, 2012, 04:33 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Hope all is having a great day flying Oh Man I should have , but I held back. Had a blast what about you ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_fqcw0s7VI
Nice vid buddy
Always have a blast with the mQX. Never regretted getting one.
Nighthawk74 is offline Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130 X stock setup
Old May 28, 2012, 11:06 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Entertainment it is.

I hit a all time high, I can no longer go any higher, mQX with throttle at a limit will not gain any more height. I had to call for a forced landing. She reachs a height of 700 feet, and no more. You can even full throttle her and all you are looking for is an invert at a given time,.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUCJD...ature=youtu.be
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 28, 2012, 11:22 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
do the motors cut off when the signal is lost?
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old May 28, 2012, 11:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream4002 View Post
I did not feel or see the motors stop I just could not gain any more height due to air flow. I started to level and drift in a direction.
Old May 28, 2012, 03:37 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Cookiecam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-q0i...ature=youtu.be
Old May 29, 2012, 12:25 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
I think flying near animals is just wrong the dog could of been blinded by the blades.
Old May 29, 2012, 04:32 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
I think flying near animals is just wrong the dog could of been blinded by the blades.
I hear ya and agree. as I DID NOT go after my dog and kept my distance correct. so when you say that Please do not get offended .
I think the same when YOU fly near people that bring their kids.....

to
Old May 29, 2012, 09:50 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,175 Posts
Quote:
Entertainment it is.

I hit a all time high, I can no longer go any higher, mQX with throttle at a limit will not gain any more height. I had to call for a forced landing. She reachs a height of 700 feet, and no more. You can even full throttle her and all you are looking for is an invert at a given time,.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUCJD...ature=youtu.be

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream4002 View Post
Fishy,

We meet again! Nice to see you on this thread! You really had her up there in that video!

I bought the mQX on a whim, when I flew one at my LHS a few days after the release. I think it has the highest fun-per-dollar quotient of any RC vehicle I have ever owned/flown/driven! Plus, it carries a decent payload for its size. I also shoot on-board video from mine. I have yet to take the bird up that high, as I tend to lose orientation at anything over a few hundred feet & can no longer keep the bird level during the ascent. Also - translational lift is something to be aware of when flying high with this bird. With any lightly-loaded fixed-pitch rotorcraft, it is very possible to end up in a situation where the translational lift is so strong that the bird will continue to climb even though the throttle is nearly closed. At higher altitudes, this often results in a flyaway.

BTW - if you want to get rid of the harmonic vibrations in your video, try balancing the blades and/or use a less-rigid mount for the cam. I found that balancing the blades nearly eliminated the vibrations. Using a less rigid mounting method uncoupled the cam from the airframe just enough to dampen any remaining vibration.

Starscream,

When the signal is lost, the mQX goes into sort of a "dumb auto-land" mode. The rotors slowly spool down while the controller attempts to maintain the last commanded attitude. If you want to see how it works, get the bird into a stable hover in a clear area at, say, 5-20 feet AGL, then turn off your tx. The bird will slowly descend in a level attitude as the rotors spool down. If it's windy and/or if the aircraft is not level when the signal is lost, the bird will drift as it descends. Of course, if the bird is in FFF when it loses signal, the system will attempt to maintain the FFF attitude as the bird descends - which may not be desirable. At higher altitudes, the rotors may spool down before the bird lands - which causes a non-stabilized, uncontrolled descent.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; May 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old May 29, 2012, 11:30 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
884 Posts
turboparker, nice info, good to know. Thanks
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old May 29, 2012, 11:52 AM
Tabriz, Iran
Joined Sep 2008
2,715 Posts
Thnx turboparker. I did not commit aviation today but will on friday(I hope) I've got a jet plane in the works...

SS
starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
Old May 29, 2012, 12:05 PM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Hope all is well Joel have a great summer !

Old May 29, 2012, 01:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Fishy,

We meet again! Nice to see you on this thread! You really had her up there in that video!

I bought the mQX on a whim, when I flew one at my LHS a few days after the release. I think it has the highest fun-per-dollar quotient of any RC vehicle I have ever owned/flown/driven! Plus, it carries a decent payload for its size. I also shoot on-board video from mine. I have yet to take the bird up that high, as I tend to lose orientation at anything over a few hundred feet & can no longer keep the bird level during the ascent. Also - translational lift is something to be aware of when flying high with this bird. With any lightly-loaded fixed-pitch rotorcraft, it is very possible to end up in a situation where the translational lift is so strong that the bird will continue to climb even though the throttle is nearly closed. At higher altitudes, this often results in a flyaway.

BTW - if you want to get rid of the harmonic vibrations in your video, try balancing the blades and/or use a less-rigid mount for the cam. I found that balancing the blades nearly eliminated the vibrations. Using a less rigid mounting method uncoupled the cam from the airframe just enough to dampen any remaining vibration.

Joel
Thank you for the words they are very kind.

wil do and thanks . enjoy
Old May 29, 2012, 01:30 PM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
I hear ya and agree. as I DID NOT go after my dog and kept my distance correct. so when you say that Please do not get offended .
I think the same when YOU fly near people that bring their kids.....

to
Know problem