Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 26, 2012, 01:19 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Well thanks to the mQX for giving me the quad bug

I have since moved on and built my first quad a Mini Bambu same size as the mQX but is made from *Unbreakable* policarbonate with KK Flight Controller and 3S 1000mAh lipo... powerful 20200KV brushless motors and it goes like stink !

Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2012, 05:52 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,706 Posts
Looks great!! How much do you have into it? Was it put together with a decent set of instructions? It's quite a leap to go from RTF to build your own. That size battery on a small quad has to take up a lot of the power just to get its butt up in the air.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old May 26, 2012, 09:58 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Looks great!! How much do you have into it? Was it put together with a decent set of instructions? It's quite a leap to go from RTF to build your own. That size battery on a small quad has to take up a lot of the power just to get its butt up in the air.
How much do you have into it? sorry i dont understand
Old May 26, 2012, 10:04 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
How much do you have into it? sorry i dont understand
He means how much money have you spent on it.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old May 26, 2012, 11:15 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Hope all is having a great day flying Oh Man I should have , but I held back. Had a blast what about you ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_fqcw0s7VI
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 26, 2012, 03:39 PM
Mr. Magoo's Co-Pilot
USA, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2009
1,145 Posts
sub'd
GRUMPEE is online now Find More Posts by GRUMPEE
Old May 27, 2012, 03:25 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
He means how much money have you spent on it.
All depends what components you use and you need a charger and lipos there is quite a few variables so the price is hard to say.
Old May 27, 2012, 03:34 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
There is no instructions you build the frame and add the electronics you want its no RTF but dont let that put you off.
There is plenty of build info and help over at the Bambu thread.

The 3S lipo isnt that big for quad with powerful brushless motors remember its only 1000 mAh you can also use 2S if you want.
Which ever you decide on 2S or 3S the quad gets its butt up in the air in-style
mwc quad // bambucopter miniquad (1 min 55 sec)
Last edited by Kris...; May 27, 2012 at 06:21 AM.
Old May 27, 2012, 06:15 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,706 Posts
I'm VERY impressed. Great flying skills.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old May 27, 2012, 11:34 AM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
There is no instructions you build the frame and add the electronics you want its no RTF but dont let that put you off.
There is plenty of build info and help over at the Bambu thread.

The 3S lipo isnt that big for quad with powerful brushless motors remember its only 1000 mAh you can also use 2S if you want.
Which ever you decide on 2S or 3S the quad gets its butt up in the air in-style
http://vimeo.com/36364130
Kris, you really nailed this one. Great job and flying. My question? Does orientation play a significant part like the Q? And how do you cope?
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old May 27, 2012, 11:52 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Kris, you really nailed this one. Great job and flying. My question? Does orientation play a significant part like the Q? And how do you cope?
Thats not me flying in the vid guys its warthox and yes Thetis orientation is important like the Q and any other quad.
Old May 27, 2012, 11:54 AM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
you should be able to build one with a kk board for less than the price of a MQX. if you want one like in the video with a MultiWii control board add another $50 to that price.

the video above was done with a multiwii control board and they are one of the best gyro systems you can get but they require computer knowledge and a bit of tweaking to get it perfect. the gyro function alone I have found to be the best way to fly the multiwii. for all the sport flying you dont want level hold and all the extra stuff so you just disable it by adjusting the code before programming .
TheOne420 is online now Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old May 27, 2012, 01:39 PM
East Texas
Joined Nov 2008
669 Posts
WOW! Bright lights! SF-Design-Solution LED's

I just installed my MQx LED light set from http://www.sf-design-solutions.com/ and when I got them I was kind of skeptical because of the size of the LED's. When I got them installed and took it out into the sunlight I was really surprised at how bright they were and how much they helped with orientation. As the light grew dimmer they really started to show up. I have put together several LED light sets for some 3D foamies, HH Warbirds and my DJI F450 and a Gaui quad and I can tell you that all things being considered the price is fair and the quality of the work and the enhancement to orientation make it a really good buy.
You will be glad you got a set of them!
MOfroggy is offline Find More Posts by MOfroggy
Old May 27, 2012, 01:41 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne420 View Post
you should be able to build one with a kk board for less than the price of a MQX. if you want one like in the video with a MultiWii control board add another $50 to that price.

the video above was done with a multiwii control board and they are one of the best gyro systems you can get but they require computer knowledge and a bit of tweaking to get it perfect. the gyro function alone I have found to be the best way to fly the multiwii. for all the sport flying you dont want level hold and all the extra stuff so you just disable it by adjusting the code before programming .
Thanks for the info. Can you use the DX6i?
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
Old May 27, 2012, 01:47 PM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
Thanks for the info. Can you use the DX6i?
Yes you can Thetis no problem if your interested get yourself over to the Bambu thread