SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 16, 2012, 08:20 PM
STOP DUMBING DOWN MY SKY
Joined Dec 2010
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
I read in the manual that you should take five seconds after transmitter startup and not have the transmitter too close. I found that helped me get more consistent binding.
Thanks for the advice, but I left it plenty of time.
I've owned mine a few months now and am not making a new owner's error.
Unplugging and reconnecting the power is done with the TX left on (as per manual) which gives more then enough time. Tried it from nearly touching out to 6FT away.

Continues to flash blue.
docinfrance is offline Find More Posts by docinfrance
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2012, 08:28 PM
STOP DUMBING DOWN MY SKY
Joined Dec 2010
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecovato View Post
Run the 808 #16 camera to run off of your receiver's 5VDC. Then you can remove the battery all together making it the plane lighter and ensuring that the recording lasts the entire flight. I did it on my plane and it works great. I got the adapter cable on ebay by searching "808 #16 receiver" -- got mine from this person: http://www.ebay.com/itm/150815324522...#ht_1034wt_148
You get your name from him too?

This is not plug and play to the mQX is it?
So if we're gonna have to start cutting in wires to get power off the mQX or our batteries why waste money?
Old May 16, 2012, 09:22 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
If anyone is interested, the optional orange blades definitely help with orientation. I did a test at dusk with a round McDonalds ice cream cover as a canopy, so you can't tell where the front is by looking at it, two orange blades in front and one black and one white blade in the back. The orange shows up much better, especially if the sun catches them. I lost orientation about 3 times, mostly because I was at an odd angle... I could still see the orange, though. They aren't perfect, but they definitely help.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old May 16, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, RI
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by docinfrance View Post
I can't get it to fire up/bind. Fast flashing blue light.
Lipo Battery(s) charged. New cells in mQX TX, tried close and far.
TX beeps and changes rates. Tried disconnecting/reconnecting with TX on, gas is down.
Tried binding with gas up and pulling down. Tried keeping moving model around and setting it down...light stays off and then comes on flashing fast.
Examined mounted board with jeweller's m/glass nothing looks scorched.

Might have seen a tiny puff of smoke a few inches above the model when I first connected, but had a cigarette burning so not sure. Put my nose to the board and couldn't smell anything at the time.

Anyone able to offer advice or think of something I've not tried?

Cheers

Doc

Hi Doc,

I had the same issue with one of my MQX where it started losing connection with TX and eventually would not bind at all. I had to get a new 4 in 1 board and that fixed it. I have not seen a 4 in 1 cheaper than that anywhere.
Scootatrash is offline Find More Posts by Scootatrash
Old May 16, 2012, 09:47 PM
Joined Mar 2012
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
If anyone is interested, the optional orange blades definitely help with orientation.
I agree 100%. I have found that orange and white work best for my old eyes.
TomQ is offline Find More Posts by TomQ
Old May 16, 2012, 10:32 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
1,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
If anyone is interested, the optional orange blades definitely help with orientation. I did a test at dusk with a round McDonalds ice cream cover as a canopy, so you can't tell where the front is by looking at it, two orange blades in front and one black and one white blade in the back. The orange shows up much better, especially if the sun catches them. I lost orientation about 3 times, mostly because I was at an odd angle... I could still see the orange, though. They aren't perfect, but they definitely help.
I have those on for some time now. Big help.

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...9-DSCF0073.jpg
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old May 17, 2012, 12:00 AM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by docinfrance View Post
You get your name from him too?

This is not plug and play to the mQX is it?
So if we're gonna have to start cutting in wires to get power off the mQX or our batteries why waste money?
No, it is not. There is no place to connect it on the mQX. I am wondering if I might be able to make up a Y-style cable to put between the mQX battery and reciever to tap power for the camera (when I get a camera). I have some Molex SL 2 pin connectors into which these JST female battery plugs will connect. I also have some extra female JST connectors, from when I recycle a worn out Lipo, to use as well. Anyone know what style of connector these 808 #16 cameras use for their battery connection?
Zoandar is offline Find More Posts by Zoandar
Old May 17, 2012, 12:02 AM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskya View Post
He sold 18pcs cam at $843
I missed that! Somehow I am having trouble believing those numbers.
Zoandar is offline Find More Posts by Zoandar
Old May 17, 2012, 02:31 AM
Joined Apr 2009
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomQ View Post
I agree 100%. I have found that orange and white work best for my old eyes.
LOVE your canopy design..
exita is offline Find More Posts by exita
Old May 17, 2012, 03:19 AM
Joined Nov 2011
164 Posts
I'm shooting HD video with my MQX using a Hobby King wing camera. Here is some video I shot:
Blade MQX w/ onboard HD cam (4 min 57 sec)

The following was shot with a Keychain camera:
Blade MQX w/ keychain cam aerobatics (3 min 24 sec)

And here I'm doing some aerobatics with my MQX.
Blade MQX doing 3D (3 min 24 sec)
Ron_RC is offline Find More Posts by Ron_RC
Old May 17, 2012, 05:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
How are you attaching it with the HK cam?
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 17, 2012, 06:16 AM
STOP DUMBING DOWN MY SKY
Joined Dec 2010
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoandar View Post
No, it is not. There is no place to connect it on the mQX. I am wondering if I might be able to make up a Y-style cable to put between the mQX battery and reciever to tap power for the camera (when I get a camera). I have some Molex SL 2 pin connectors into which these JST female battery plugs will connect. I also have some extra female JST connectors, from when I recycle a worn out Lipo, to use as well. Anyone know what style of connector these 808 #16 cameras use for their battery connection?
I split the wires where they feed into the mQX and spliced in a BEC so I could use a camera with a dead (small) 120maH lipo with my mQX and it killed the camera.
I have a brand new perfectly fit #16 which the mQX can lift quiet happily with a it's own internal battery so (after I get a new FCB) I'm in no great hurry to repeat the experiment.

It may well have contributed to the FCB failure.

Weight saving after removing the battery and adding on wires, solder and connectors is also going to be minimal.
Old May 17, 2012, 06:24 AM
STOP DUMBING DOWN MY SKY
Joined Dec 2010
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_RC View Post
I'm shooting HD video with my MQX using a Hobby King wing camera. Here is some video I shot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unZgs9HEQOE

The following was shot with a Keychain camera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfzcOG-DuMs

And here I'm doing some aerobatics with my MQX.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZYuoApiIv0
I considered the HK cam but there was not enough info on the HK site to know if it would work with the mQX to power it.
I also did not like the way it bleaches out the sky which looks to be there in your footage too.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:45 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
For I think I will stick to the 808 Keycam. I see no reason for me to cut the batt out. If the batt weights how much?? What can you strip to compensate for the batt?

The four covers of the quad

The landing gears of the quad

The Keycam body

They quad body

mQX can lift the Keycam just fine but understanding other items added to the quad

Just thinking out loud?

mQX

Had a blast flying with the cam on love to see the footage I got short and sweet because testing the band theory out still. I handed themQX to my buddy and mans I had a blast watching him fly it did better than me he loves it knowing I have it is good enough for him. I share
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 17, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Jan 2007
3 Posts
I got an mqx rtf about a week ago, and am still learning to fly it. Other than some articles/videos on how to fly quadcopters (which would be awesome), I'm hoping someone who knows this model could tell me if this is allright.

If I push the throttle until it tapdances on the floor, no ammount of trimming will keep it perfectly stable. By trimming I can keep it from going wildly in a direction or another, but it always drifts a bit. Is that OK? Normal? It never spins while doing this (or hovering), unless I tell it to, so that's good.

When I hover a little I can (more or less, kindof, sometimes mostly) control it, but it drifts quite a bit. When hovering, if drifting, is that something to fix with trimming, or to manually compensate for?
Kyle_S is offline Find More Posts by Kyle_S