HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2012, 08:37 PM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
968 Posts
Took mine out today for flights # 7 and 8, and I have to say that this thing is the exact opposite of the sometimes white-knuckled experience of flying a CP heli. Very relaxing to fly, for sure.
Zoandar is offline Find More Posts by Zoandar
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2012, 11:27 PM
I DESIGN QUADCOPTERS
Joined Apr 2012
725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoandar View Post

He sold 18pcs cam at $843
saskya is offline Find More Posts by saskya
Last edited by saskya; May 15, 2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:59 PM View Post
ecovato
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. Show it to me anyway.
Old May 16, 2012, 12:07 AM View Post
ecovato
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. Show it to me anyway.
Old May 16, 2012, 09:43 AM
Capt. Dennis
Sweden, Västerås
Joined Jan 2004
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post

if they had stars you deffently got FIVE for the excellence of the flight.

very smooth and well done, was waiting for ya to go thrugh the ramp? I place mine under with a band. still not used to the quad as Iam in the learning Lol.
when i flew under the ramp, i didnt think that it would make it..
but.. it did, when you look at the movie, you can see that i was quite close to the ground when exiting.

we were at a school yesterday and showed some rc-cars, and i had my Mqx with me... the kids loved the thing when it flew there

on saturday i hope to get some more action on "tape", we have reopening of our rc-track and hopefully many drivers will come to enjoy the day.
ReasonSwe is offline Find More Posts by ReasonSwe
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Quad
Old May 16, 2012, 03:09 PM
East Texas
Joined Nov 2008
655 Posts
On this HH podcast (http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...t_render-rcast) (the one for March 15, 2012) at around 12:20+/- min. in the HH rep says that the AS3X does not have to be level, it just has to be perfectly still. That is different than what I had read on the forum if he is talking about the unit on the MQX. I am going to try it out tonight and see if it works.
MOfroggy is offline Find More Posts by MOfroggy
Old May 16, 2012, 03:11 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
reason... thank you. that be awesome. I loved the way it was mounted, smooth etc....

when I as well others get a perfect flying skills we know we can do about anything, and that wins this months excitement five corns bros...
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 16, 2012, 03:12 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecovato View Post
Run the 808 #16 camera to run off of your receiver's 5VDC. Then you can remove the battery all together making it the plane lighter and ensuring that the recording lasts the entire flight. I did it on my plane and it works great. I got the adapter cable on ebay by searching "808 #16 receiver" -- got mine from this person: http://www.ebay.com/itm/150815324522...#ht_1034wt_148

NEW LINK
Quote:
Run the 808 #16 camera to run off of your receiver's 5VDC. Then you can remove the battery all together making it the plane lighter and ensuring that the recording lasts the entire flight. I did it on my plane and it works great. I got the adapter cable on ebay by searching "808 #16 receiver" -- got mine from this person: http://www.ebay.com/itm/150815324522...#ht_1034wt_148
I think many have felt you posting this info all over it is like a broken record? I do not mean to sound rude but back up your post with a video, a still and just not repeat in ALL threads
Old May 16, 2012, 05:41 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
deleted
lostheli is online now Find More Posts by lostheli
Last edited by lostheli; May 16, 2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: sorry i was being rude
Old May 16, 2012, 06:39 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
"got mine from this person" who's RCG handle happens to be ecovato?

I think you may be violating the rules of this forum.

Every post you have made is pushing this cable.

ecovato is spamming the forum with these posts and it would appear that he is not very honest. Beware!
lostheli is online now Find More Posts by lostheli
Last edited by lostheli; May 16, 2012 at 06:56 PM.
Old May 16, 2012, 06:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
I repaired the mQX, taken me no more than a 3 minute repair. Boom splintered, I unpluggedone cable on board, pulled Boom from main cross frame, and pulled motor cap back, to expose a plug, unplugged and plled outer part away, replaced correctly the new boom, reversed process, in my vid I did my best.

Went out for a test flight all is A okay. I plaed my key cam on, wished I had a cable, that I can tear a perfect cam apart, to attach to mymQX, NOT
Old May 16, 2012, 06:56 PM
STOP DUMBING DOWN MY SKY
Joined Dec 2010
381 Posts
Help!

I can't get it to fire up/bind. Fast flashing blue light.
Lipo Battery(s) charged. New cells in mQX TX, tried close and far.
TX beeps and changes rates. Tried disconnecting/reconnecting with TX on, gas is down.
Tried binding with gas up and pulling down. Tried keeping moving model around and setting it down...light stays off and then comes on flashing fast.
Examined mounted board with jeweller's m/glass nothing looks scorched.

Might have seen a tiny puff of smoke a few inches above the model when I first connected, but had a cigarette burning so not sure. Put my nose to the board and couldn't smell anything at the time.

Anyone able to offer advice or think of something I've not tried?

Cheers

Doc
docinfrance is offline Find More Posts by docinfrance
Old May 16, 2012, 07:05 PM
STOP DUMBING DOWN MY SKY
Joined Dec 2010
381 Posts
Just in case I need a new board, is there anyone cheaper then $32.95?
Old May 16, 2012, 07:11 PM
Joined Apr 2008
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by docinfrance View Post
Anyone able to offer advice or think of something I've not tried?

Cheers

Doc
I read in the manual that you should take five seconds after transmitter startup and not have the transmitter too close. I found that helped me get more consistent binding.
fred_dot_u is offline Find More Posts by fred_dot_u
Old May 16, 2012, 07:14 PM
STOP DUMBING DOWN MY SKY
Joined Dec 2010
381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOfroggy View Post
On this HH podcast (http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...t_render-rcast) (the one for March 15, 2012) at around 12:20+/- min. in the HH rep says that the AS3X does not have to be level, it just has to be perfectly still. That is different than what I had read on the forum if he is talking about the unit on the MQX. I am going to try it out tonight and see if it works.
Yep it works.
You can't have read the whole forum (and I don't blame you) but I pointed this out a couple of months back.
Just set it down leaning against a vertical surface or held against a wall if that's all the space you've got. I could get mine to fire up just holding it and it flew stable.