HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 12, 2012, 08:53 PM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
Zoandar, thanks for the link. Now that you've shown me those items, I realize I've seen them somewhere before. I can't recall where, but it's likely to come to mind eventually. I can do with a four or six pin header too, so even the three-hole limitation isn't a problem.

Thanks again

fred
My pleasure. You can get this style of connector in many different numbers of pins.
Zoandar is offline Find More Posts by Zoandar
to remove ads between posts
Old May 12, 2012, 08:56 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994

post four

Download v0.27 MOV Firmware.zip v0.27 MOV Firmware.zip (817.5 KB, 937 views) This update corrects the wrong photo mode aspect ratio of the JPEG still pictures, restoring accurate proportions (circles will look like circles, not ovals). The still pictures will be 1280x960 (4:3 aspect ratio), not 1280x720.

Download v0.27 AVI Firmware.zip v0.27 AVI Firmware.zip (817.2 KB, 731 views) This update corrects the wrong photo mode aspect ratio of the JPEG still pictures, restoring accurate proportions (circles will look like circles, not ovals). The still pictures will be 1280x960 (4:3 aspect ratio), not 1280x720.
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 12, 2012, 09:08 PM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Here is what I believe will chase away that jello , i demostrate a mod with a floating key cam, using simple household stuff

Rubberband
string

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1sXoiHzD4g
I like your idea, and it does seem to produce very smooth video. If I may, I can suggest something that might be easier than dealing with the string. You could use rubber bands in both positions by either using different sized rubber bands to wrap around around the camera and to connect that rubber band to the heli frame, or use a large rubber band and tie a knot in one end of it, to make a small loop on the camera end, and a larger loop to reach up over the heli. Maybe use 2 of them coming from opposing sides.

When I eventually try a camera on my mQX, I'll try something like your idea.
Zoandar is offline Find More Posts by Zoandar
Last edited by Zoandar; May 13, 2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old May 12, 2012, 09:14 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,691 Posts
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed there hasn't been any complaints about the right front motor for awhile. The replacement HH sent me has lasted way longer than the first two I had. I wonder if they fixed the problem?
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old May 13, 2012, 12:05 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed there hasn't been any complaints about the right front motor for awhile. The replacement HH sent me has lasted way longer than the first two I had. I wonder if they fixed the problem?
May be it comes and goes with batches.
Speaking of which, Horizon Hobby seems to be out of mQx motors (both cw and ccw), so perhaps yet another batch is coming.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old May 13, 2012, 12:07 AM
Joined Mar 2011
196 Posts
I really wish I got the mQX over the mSR X. Although the mSR X has helped me with orientation a ton. I can fly the mCPmX more confidently. I don't have enough money to get it too but it sure would be nice to get the mQX. It looks like a ton of fun. The mSR X has terrible motor longetivity. It's also not as durable as the mQX as I can see. Maybe I'll sell off the mSR X for this bird. I can also see on how they could come out with a CP micro quad.
Dittsboylogan is offline Find More Posts by Dittsboylogan
Old May 13, 2012, 12:27 AM
Connecticut Quad Hacker
Joined Dec 2009
897 Posts
I give up.......and jump anyway

delete
batfire is offline Find More Posts by batfire
Last edited by batfire; May 21, 2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old May 13, 2012, 05:35 AM
Mtz
Romania, PH, Ploiesti
Joined Mar 2012
552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
with atitude
Nice high fly and I expect from the mQX users smooth flying like you did in some portions of this video but you really need to fix the jello effect. Maybe you can start with a double sided tape but don't forget to assure your camera to not be lost.
I saw also your "floating camera" post is better but I think you can do it even better and nice.
For me is bad for the eyes if the flying is not smooth and I stop watching.

enjoy,
Mtz
Mtz is offline Find More Posts by Mtz
Old May 13, 2012, 11:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Thanks guys.

I am no Professional, I need many many flights on her to get it perfect, Zero wind tolerance, period.
Not insulting, or taken that way, I cannt force anyone to watch a video, I just do not show "a video of a plane in a scene flying" I always do a storyline (Skit), so my video, to say is wobbly and hurt my eyes, all I can do is Laugh. I as well always complimet the user, and post a like at youtube then to watch on rcgroups, For I do not care for hands showing a item, but I again like said above....

To place bands, andadd them correctly may work, or adding soft springs, give me an idea center spring band on all four corners. will look into it.

Here is a video called FLoating key cam flight showing you someshots, if I could oriente better I am sure the video would have worked out? I hope it is to your liking, thank you for the advice and comments?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGPH_MMlOE8

Found a Hairline crack on the arm of hte fron left, that stutters the blade
Old May 13, 2012, 12:06 PM
Connecticut Quad Hacker
Joined Dec 2009
897 Posts
delete
batfire is offline Find More Posts by batfire
Last edited by batfire; May 21, 2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old May 13, 2012, 12:09 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Tip my hat off to you Batfire. a lot of effort goes in to the vid and craft, and we expect perfection lol. thank you . enjoyed helping out, if it works for one than my video is priceless.

Just be careful of the antena wires.
Old May 13, 2012, 06:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
This Afternoon I got some flights in, and now notice a front motor cut out at times three propsspinning , not losing altitude. I landed, inspected to find a fractured boom. Ordered a pair,as they come. And will be replacing it.

I doublt Horizon will send a free replacement.. As nothing is defective, Maybe in the future we will see not just blades, but a few add'l parts, one of each that be sweet?
Old May 13, 2012, 08:02 PM
I DESIGN QUADCOPTERS
Joined Apr 2012
725 Posts
I put my keychain cam in the garbage
the right place for the cheap ebay cam at $9
saskya is offline Find More Posts by saskya
Old May 13, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Apr 2008
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskya View Post
I put my keychain cam in the garbage
the right place for the cheap ebay cam at $9
There's a number of posts here and in other threads on the forum with suggestions where to purchase a reliable useful cam. Look in:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994

for 101 pages of information to fill up your brain.
fred_dot_u is offline Find More Posts by fred_dot_u
Old May 13, 2012, 08:18 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
Happy camper here 150 flights and counting..
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis