HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 10, 2012, 09:42 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
maiden flight my first quad

Heres mine, sorry I never scroll down this far on rcgroups...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1647401
MQX Ladybird Quad (0 min 43 sec)

i guess it helps to know where "front" is
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2012, 10:43 PM
Flying Monkey
Lexington, KY
Joined Aug 2010
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill View Post
Heres mine, sorry I never scroll down this far on rcgroups...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1647401
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aO6y2CQsf40

i guess it helps to know where "front" is
.....you beat me to it!

I am curious if this board could handle the draw of 8x these 6mm motors?

My ultimate goal is to create a mQX octo-copter. But it might pop a few FETs if things don't go well.
heli-yeah is offline Find More Posts by heli-yeah
Old May 10, 2012, 10:52 PM
Eugene, Oregon
Joined Apr 2009
1,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heli-yeah View Post
.....you beat me to it!

I am curious if this board could handle the draw of 8x these 6mm motors?

My ultimate goal is to create a mQX octo-copter. But it might pop a few FETs if things don't go well.
wow that would be something

its my 1st quad - after a few packs - i "get it" now... can float around living room and took her outside she is very fast very very fast even with expo!

neat how quads drive different from helis - like motorcycle diff from 4 wheel.
elvill is offline Find More Posts by elvill
Old May 11, 2012, 06:26 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,539 Posts
Quick story.

The other half got home and was preparing dinner. Got the mQX out and decided to fly around the meals and living area, off the kitchen. One of my two cats got a little curious and from underneath the dining table attacked my mQX at low altitude. Prop struck cat and I pulled throttle back instantly.

Well, the Mrs erupted "Put that thing away will you!"

So I put the cat in the laundry.

PS No animals were harmed this evening. I checked and all teeth and both eyes in perfect working order.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member
Old May 11, 2012, 06:38 AM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
Belgium, Walloon Region, Plombières
Joined Jul 2011
943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvill View Post
Very interesting, good job!

So I suppose this could be a good solution to the mQX motor problems if (and I suppose that's a big 'if') the Walkera motors hold up better?
4x4rc is offline Find More Posts by 4x4rc
Old May 11, 2012, 06:51 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazer View Post
Quick story.

The other half got home and was preparing dinner. Got the mQX out and decided to fly around the meals and living area, off the kitchen. One of my two cats got a little curious and from underneath the dining table attacked my mQX at low altitude. Prop struck cat and I pulled throttle back instantly.

Well, the Mrs erupted "Put that thing away will you!"

So I put the cat in the laundry.

PS No animals were harmed this evening. I checked and all teeth and both eyes in perfect working order.
rofl
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old May 11, 2012, 07:29 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Got to fly at the area that was open on grass. Keycam on. First flight was great but bat felt weak at a few minutes in, unless I was lost for time lol

So I swapped out to the nano 550 recommended. I was road kill in a matter of a minute splat. Batt disconnected cam on road body laid across flat and frame all in one peice

Put bulgy diptych back together and put the mQX away

I had a blast first flight in the open dam winds are going to be 30 plus here

Thought I share my fun this AM
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 11, 2012, 08:49 AM
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Oct 2011
298 Posts
I HIGHLY recommend you read about this camera here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994

You can set the time to your current time. Yes, it IS 720p High Definition. There are all kinds of things you can configure. It's the world's best camera for PFV for around USD $40.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Blade Man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoandar
What's the current delivery time frame for ordering one of the 808 #16 keychain cameras from HK? Has anyone in the US started carrying the "good" HD model?

I received mine in 1 week from eletoponline365!

Same timeframe here as well - from eletoponline365! And works perfectly. Wish they would ship with real date stamp already on it tho.

I need more detailed instructions................old and techno challenged.
fotoflyer is offline Find More Posts by fotoflyer
Old May 11, 2012, 05:14 PM
Joined Apr 2008
116 Posts
The attached photo is of the connectors for the wiring that connects the mQx motor to the board. I'm following an earlier post here about adding LEDs to my copter. I've built the voltage regulator and have the lights, but would like to make use of the built-in connectors on the lights, rather than chop and solder.

The lights have the same prongs as on the right side of the picture and I'm hoping to find the "sockets", viewable on the left side of the photo, so I can solder them to the regulator.

I've searched for these tiny items, but really don't know what the "standard terminology" should be.

Can anyone assist, even if only with the right search terms?

By the way, those SMT regulators are a royal bear to work with!
fred_dot_u is offline Find More Posts by fred_dot_u
Old May 11, 2012, 05:43 PM
USA, FL, East Central
Joined Aug 2007
525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoflyer View Post
I HIGHLY recommend you read about this camera here.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994

You can set the time to your current time. Yes, it IS 720p High Definition. There are all kinds of things you can configure. It's the world's best camera for PFV for around USD $40.00.

Thanks
Old Blade Man is offline Find More Posts by Old Blade Man
Old May 11, 2012, 06:00 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
The attached photo is of the connectors for the wiring that connects the mQx motor to the board. I'm following an earlier post here about adding LEDs to my copter. I've built the voltage regulator and have the lights, but would like to make use of the built-in connectors on the lights, rather than chop and solder.

The lights have the same prongs as on the right side of the picture and I'm hoping to find the "sockets", viewable on the left side of the photo, so I can solder them to the regulator.

I've searched for these tiny items, but really don't know what the "standard terminology" should be.

Can anyone assist, even if only with the right search terms?

By the way, those SMT regulators are a royal bear to work with!
Why go to that much trouble? You're doing wiring anyway, might as well Do It Right, right?

Just set up your LEDs to run with the voltage source you already have (it ranges from 4.2V down to about 3.5V) - and wire directly to the board, or use a separate battery.

Videos tell how it's done...
Blade mQX with LEDs (5 min 8 sec)

All About LEDs for RC Night Flying (23 min 52 sec)
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old May 11, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Apr 2008
116 Posts
From my frame of reference, having a stable regulated power supply at a cost of 3 grams is worth the effort. Also, that portion is completed and all that remains is to connect the LEDs to the regulator. I've seen in flight, in person, the results of the previous creation using the regulators and the lights work fine, not changing intensity regardless of the battery level.

Currently, I need only to know what the proper reference for the socket should be, and/or where to find them.
fred_dot_u is offline Find More Posts by fred_dot_u
Old May 11, 2012, 06:20 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
Bazinga....Im new to quads
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane
Old May 11, 2012, 06:55 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
You can say it is my Mainden, practice a lot, can say I got a good 20 plus flights on her, and love it. One motor back left needs the fuse pushed back once in a while.

100 feet out I lose orientation, with the plane no problem at all. so the ping bal will be looked into Lol

I felt one batt was not pwoerful, the other perfect. just had a great time and hope you enjoy thevideo, just some short flights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHyAVDHFGaY
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 11, 2012, 07:55 PM
MJF
Waiting Fer Da SEFF
United States, GA, Perry
Joined Jul 2010
1,319 Posts
where do you find all the nice canopies at ?
MJF is offline Find More Posts by MJF
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: got another plane