starscream4002 is offline Find More Posts by starscream4002
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2012, 12:46 PM
United States, MO, Lake St Louis
Joined Jul 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoandar View Post
Here's what I found when I went looking for a GWS 5x3 prop. Did you drill and tap the side of its hub to hold it on?
They are a nice fit on the standard shaft. I put a #2-56 screw down the shaft.
It slightly splits the carbon shaft and creates a pressure fit. Kinda hokey, but it worked for awhile.
Never broke a stock prop, but was knocking blades off these too easily.
dan300 is offline Find More Posts by dan300
Old May 09, 2012, 01:23 PM
United States, VA, Cedar Bluff
Joined Mar 2012
28 Posts
Hey guys,
just wanted to show my latest "All American Tuppercanopy " I raided my wife's Tupperware last night and came up with this deal.
I was looking for something to put some cold cuts in after a sandwich last night and saw this oblong Tupperware thingy ! I thought with a little cutting and drilling it might make a nice free canopy.
After I got it to fit I colored the inside front with a red sharpie and the back with a blue one to help with orientation and to help it look a little better. Makes a nice 4th of July canopy. I marked and drilled it so it will fit in either the + or x configuration.
I have some stickers left over from an extreme canopy i got for my MSRX and i may see what they look like on it later
It seems like when ever I see something plastic i start to judge as to weather it will make a good canopy or not..........I need to get a life.....lol
Anywho, here it is and don't hurt yourself laughing !
BigRHS is offline Find More Posts by BigRHS
Old May 09, 2012, 01:33 PM
Joined Mar 2012
28 Posts
Guys, i don't know if any of you have seen these yet, but there is a guy over in the classifieds selling new aftermarket canopies that look great !
Here is a link to the thread for those that may want to look.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1649443
Old May 09, 2012, 02:56 PM
United States, RI
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
Hey BigRHS, That's a really nice look. I like it!
Scootatrash is offline Find More Posts by Scootatrash
Last edited by Scootatrash; May 12, 2012 at 11:23 AM.
Old May 09, 2012, 03:12 PM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
Belgium, Walloon Region, Plombières
Joined Jul 2011
932 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoflyer View Post
Nice video! Where did you mount the 808 #11 camera? And how did you attach it?
Thanks. I stuck a piece of gyro pad (the double sided adhesive foam used to mount gyros on helicopters) on the bottom of the battery holder. It absorbs the vibration very well.

Then used a loop of rubber band (the stuff that's used in underpants) over the frame to hold the camera against the pad. This only works with the camera mounted upside down as otherwise the buttons get pressed during flight. The pad and rubber always stay on the frame, they weigh less than 2 grams.

After importing the video into iMovie I just flip it upside down.
4x4rc is offline Find More Posts by 4x4rc
Old May 09, 2012, 04:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
28 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootatrash View Post
Hey BigRHS, That a really nice look. I like it!
Thanks man i appreciate that. it didn't look as bad as I first thought it might when I started. I know being made of Tupperware is will be tough, but i wonder if it will keep my quad fresher longer..........
Old May 09, 2012, 05:34 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,611 Posts
anyone bought the orange MQX props and try them yet? I just got my set in at my shop and they sure are bright and easy to see for orientation. If you need brighter props I would highly recomend them.
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old May 09, 2012, 06:33 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne420 View Post
anyone bought the orange MQX props and try them yet? I just got my set in at my shop and they sure are bright and easy to see for orientation. If you need brighter props I would highly recomend them.
Here you go:

http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...9-DSCF0073.jpg
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old May 09, 2012, 07:06 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetis View Post
yeah thats them. In daylight they almost seem to glow so it makes it very easy to see.
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old May 09, 2012, 07:24 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne420 View Post
yeah thats them. In daylight they almost seem to glow so it makes it very easy to see.
I really like them. Yaa, no loss of orientation in daylight.
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old May 09, 2012, 11:07 PM
Joined Mar 2012
28 Posts
I ordered a set of those yesterday I also got 1 each of the motors after what I have read about them.
Old May 10, 2012, 10:56 AM
Ohio
Joined Apr 2008
968 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootatrash View Post
Hey BigRHS, That a really nice look. I like it!
+1 here. If you had not said you used colored markers I would have thought you painted the inside of it. Turned out nice indeed.
Zoandar is offline Find More Posts by Zoandar
Old May 10, 2012, 06:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Hey All, Read this whole thread, could have skipped the appitizer , and gotten straight to the main course Lol.

Happy I bite the bullet. and even went and gotten a few bodies. I will have to tape the orginal up some.

SInce I did not see a keycam fab here, I thought I make a quick one and been trying to figure out a better way. All I did was slip a rubberband hte size the postal service uses, through hte boards frame, and taken todays paper clip and cut to sie and made a "S bend. If somesort of foam is needed, I used double sided adhesive, stickie protected, and see if it will work. SUre enough ATP for me

I can fly an rc plane no problem, orientation just fine. wit hteh quad, it's a nother ball game for me. I like to be in the open, and not closed in. practice,practice, practice.

enjoy the clip all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z7tx...ature=youtu.be
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 10, 2012, 09:29 PM
Joined Mar 2012
32 Posts
Great video! Thanks!
vanzant is offline Find More Posts by vanzant