HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:49 PM
elkton, md
Joined Jun 2007
108 Posts
check out this vid. sonat asked me to post it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65hgG3oT-9E
nothinbetr2do is offline Find More Posts by nothinbetr2do
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:01 PM
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Oct 2011
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootatrash View Post
Hey Sean, Sorry, I was excited about my MQX rescue and didn't read your post first.

That sucks that you are having problems with your's already. But I think that is really not typical of these. Maybe HH will help you out with a replacement or some new parts?
This is exactly why I want to buy mine from HH and not some other seller. HH will go waaaaaaay out of their way to please their customers. I have had them send me all kinds of replacement parts, like a brand new Rx AND a brand new 3-in-1 unit for my CX2 at NO cost. On another plane, I had a professional pilot maiden it to trim it out and in less than 30 seconds the elevator locked in the full down position, causing the plane to come straight down. I called HH, explained the situation, and they didn't hesitate to send me a whole new plane! I doubt they would do that if I had bought the plane from some other source.
fotoflyer is offline Find More Posts by fotoflyer
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:28 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,019 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotoflyer View Post
This is exactly why I want to buy mine from HH and not some other seller. HH will go waaaaaaay out of their way to please their customers. I have had them send me all kinds of replacement parts, like a brand new Rx AND a brand new 3-in-1 unit for my CX2 at NO cost. On another plane, I had a professional pilot maiden it to trim it out and in less than 30 seconds the elevator locked in the full down position, causing the plane to come straight down. I called HH, explained the situation, and they didn't hesitate to send me a whole new plane! I doubt they would do that if I had bought the plane from some other source.
Yea they will. All they ask for is documentation that you bought it new.
Ron
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:27 AM
Joined Mar 2012
32 Posts
I didn't get a receipt for mine. Uh OH. Should I get Nitro Hobbies to send me one?

Earlier today I flew my mQX and tonight while recharging the batteries I come across a crack in the body. Those things are flimsy. A little clear tape and put it in the box for future flying fun.
vanzant is offline Find More Posts by vanzant
Old Apr 14, 2012, 01:41 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohillbilly View Post
The MQX is the easiest thing to fly other than an MCX. If you can fly an SR120 nose in then you more than ready for the MQX.
sometimes my old ,tired,uncoordinated thumbs have a hard time keeping up when I need to make some turns with my MQX.I've searched all thru this thread (all 4600 odd posts ) looking for a solution ,when it hit me to slave the rudder-yaw to the aileron-roll function.Has anyone else tried this?For me at least it works splendidly ...my only concern is ,...am I telling the bird to do something it wasnt designed to do ,and is there any possibilty I might somehow damage the board (programming) doing so.?
daddiozz is offline Find More Posts by daddiozz
Last edited by daddiozz; Apr 14, 2012 at 04:08 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 04:59 AM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddiozz View Post
sometimes my old ,tired,uncoordinated thumbs have a hard time keeping up when I need to make some turns with my MQX.I've searched all thru this thread (all 4600 odd posts ) looking for a solution ,when it hit me to slave the rudder-yaw to the aileron-roll function.Has anyone else tried this?...
Somebody did in a somewhat recent post.
One potential complication that was mentioned: if you try to do an aileron roll/flip, it will now also automatically yaw.
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:21 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
Somebody did in a somewhat recent post.
One potential complication that was mentioned: if you try to do an aileron roll/flip, it will now also automatically yaw.
well...its assigned to the gear switch ,so turning it off for flips etc isnt a problem.
Last edited by daddiozz; Apr 14, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 07:56 AM
Joined Oct 2011
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
Yea they will. All they ask for is documentation that you bought it new.
Ron
Thank you for that information! I didn't know that. I'm learning a lot on this forum. I may stumble around a bit but I'm moving up the learning curve. I appreciate all the advice you guys have provided! And that includes every one of you.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:02 AM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Oct 2000
946 Posts
I've been active in the hobby since the late 60s, back when there was still some vacuum tube equipment floating around on the used market. These days, I cannot IMAGINE this hobby without the internet. We were so isolated before the 'net arrived.......

Paul
pgoelz is offline Find More Posts by pgoelz
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:27 AM
Joined Oct 2011
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoelz View Post
I've been active in the hobby since the late 60s, back when there was still some vacuum tube equipment floating around on the used market. These days, I cannot IMAGINE this hobby without the internet. We were so isolated before the 'net arrived.......

Paul
Boy, isn't that the truth! But we had RC magazines and we had each other. There were several of us Electrical Engineers that got interested in RC plane flying, not just from the company I worked for but also from some of the other tech companies in the area. In fact, my boss was one of the RC guys in our club! That made it a bit easier to leave work right at 5:00 p.m. and head out to an open field to fly!

Most of us were Ham Radio operators and we flew on the 6 meter ham band and built our own radios. But, WOW, has the technology changed since then! It's absolutely amazing what's available today!

BTW I still have a few MAN magazines from the early 60's. It's fun to look through the articles and the ads from those early days.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:28 AM
foamie re-cycler
United States, WV
Joined Nov 2004
2,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgoelz View Post

Paul
even with the net that isolation still exists if you can't find concise organised information,instead of the hit/miss bits and pieces of info scattered thru out.Mind you ,I'm a pretty sharp cookie in my old age but it can be extremely frustrating trying to find some specific info w/o having to wade thru 1000's of posts/pages trying to find an answer to sometimes simple questions.
Old Apr 14, 2012, 08:37 AM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Sep 2008
791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie433 View Post
Thanks John & Kodak.

Looks like it will be a bit of a step up. Forgot to mention I am running a DX7 so I have programming to help out. I'm running the SR120 at 100% throws all the time and about 40% expo. I was running on 15% expo, but that was a bit of a problem when going nose in.

Mike
Bought one last night. Maidened this morning. Very cool little heli. Very easy to fly, I think it flies easier than my SR120! Very docile, I was surprised.

Now I used the settings from rchelicopterfun.com http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/blade-mqx.html which is a pretty high level of expo. I'm running a DX7 tx.

Thanks for the help guys. Glad I bought this little bugger!

Mike
Brownie433 is offline Find More Posts by Brownie433
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:03 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownie433 View Post
Bought one last night. Maidened this morning. Very cool little heli. Very easy to fly, I think it flies easier than my SR120! Very docile, I was surprised.

Now I used the settings from rchelicopterfun.com http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/blade-mqx.html which is a pretty high level of expo. I'm running a DX7 tx.

Thanks for the help guys. Glad I bought this little bugger!

Mike
His Expo is whey to high imo.

Quote:
Elevator: DR = 100% / Expo = +60%
Aileron: DR = 100% / Expo = +60%
Rudder: DR = 100% / Expo = +60%
Rudder Expo 60+ you need negative Expo on rudder or it turns far to slow

I have - 35 Expo on rudder + 35 Aileron/ Elevator
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Apr 14, 2012, 09:57 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris... View Post
His Expo is whey to high imo.

The guy is like, a hundred years old. Many of his settings are borderline wrong, and mostly, he seems to prefer things wicked mushy, crippled to the point of barely flying. I admire all the work he does to keep people informed and provide a great resource, but I don't agree with very much of his specific advice concerning settings and setup. Crippling the helicopter does not make it fly better...
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Apr 14, 2012, 10:32 AM
United States, MI, Rochester Hills
Joined Oct 2000
946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
The guy is like, a hundred years old. Many of his settings are borderline wrong, and mostly, he seems to prefer things wicked mushy, crippled to the point of barely flying. I admire all the work he does to keep people informed and provide a great resource, but I don't agree with very much of his specific advice concerning settings and setup. Crippling the helicopter does not make it fly better...
Good post. These days there seems to be a tendency to dumb things down to the point that there is marginal control. People seem to forget that at least with the mQX, the settings do not affect the way the airframe flies at all. They just affect what the pilot has to do to make the airframe react. Setting lots of expo or reducing the "rates" just means that you have to move the sticks more to get the same reaction. In the process, you also lose the ability to react to extreme upsets.

I have helped several people lately who had (IMO) excessive expo and/or rates that were too low. When I programmed more appropriate (again, IMO) settings (and warned them to expect it to be more lively), they reported that they liked it a lot better and felt much more in control.

I have also handed my transmitter to several people with no heli or mQX experience at all and they were able keep it under control. My rates are set at 150%, with maybe 20-30 percent expo. The only coaching that was required was (sometimes) to remind them to use smaller stick movements... and off they went. I handed it to a robotics professor a couple weeks ago who had never flown an RC aircraft of any sort, and was amazed when he flew it quite successfully. Still with my rates at 150%.

My experience has been that people seem to adjust to the amount of stick movement required fairly quickly. It takes longer to adjust to control delay like you find with the DX4e.

Paul
pgoelz is offline Find More Posts by pgoelz