Better safe than sorry.
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 13, 2012, 03:47 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
I guess i just don't see the risk. What is the worst that could happen? You buy it from newegg and a motor goes bad on day 1. As far as I know you will be calling HH anyway. I tend to take risks when buying stuff and, knock on wood, I haven't ever been burned yet.
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:00 PM
Fly, crash, glue. Repeat.
Belgium, Walloon Region, Plombières
Joined Jul 2011
940 Posts
+1 on what m.m said.

Flew my first two packs outside today now that spring is finally here (I have about 50 on it indoors). What a brilliant, awesome bird! Managed to do flips and rolls and fly decent circles and 8s. Coupla crashes and cartwheels into the grass and no damage. All told I broke 2 props so far.

BTW my second pack is a Hyperion 550 - highly recommended. Much more powerful than the Eflite.

What a superb flying machine! Small is beautiful.
4x4rc is online now Find More Posts by 4x4rc
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:35 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Glad to hear you are enjoying it 4x4. I need to take mine outside more. With the mood my wife is in I think tonight may be a good time for that! lol

I'm using 600mah Turnigy Nano-Techs. Got 3 of them new on ebay for $19 and some change shipped priority mail. They seem to be really good batts and I can fly 15 or so minutes with no LVC. I've always like the bigger nano-techs and these at least so far are living up to the name.

I've bent a few props but haven't broken any yet. The bent ones so far I have just bent them back...lol. Probably not the smart move for the life of my motors though.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 04:36 PM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Red Rocket has them in stock. http://www.redrockethobbies.com/Sear...ch=++BLADE+mQX

Though the ebay link posted above has free shipping and an extra batt.
lostheli is offline Find More Posts by lostheli
Last edited by lostheli; Apr 13, 2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:18 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
I guess i just don't see the risk. What is the worst that could happen? You buy it from newegg and a motor goes bad on day 1. As far as I know you will be calling HH anyway. I tend to take risks when buying stuff and, knock on wood, I haven't ever been burned yet.
I am always buying from my etailer since he has replaced products with no questions asked instead of me chasing the vendors. It is up to you if you want to call every single vendor stay on hold..exchange emails etc..
Thetis is online now Find More Posts by Thetis
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:33 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
That makes sense. I've actually never called an rc vendor. But now that I think about it I haven't called for support on anything other than my cable for years.

I do agree though CYA is always a good philosophy to follow.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 05:53 PM
United States, TX, Richardson
Joined Oct 2011
298 Posts
I'm getting mixed signals here. I think I'd be ok buying from NE, but they obviously would not provide any service. Since I'm not really in any hurry, I'm going to order it from HH and they will ship as soon as they get stock.

HH's service is outstanding! I can talk to a real person on the phone - their call-back option works great for me. They might provide some problem solving help even if I bought it from another supplier, but I would'nt feel good asking for help from them.

OK, while I'm waiting I have a couple of questions.
  • 1. Extra battery - best one to buy? Where to buy it? Or just buy extra stock battery for $9.99?
  • 2. Best place and method for attaching an 808 #16 keychain camera to the mQX.
fotoflyer is offline Find More Posts by fotoflyer
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:27 PM
Joined Mar 2012
32 Posts
Free battery with this one from eBay.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-mQX-BN...item460298eb97
And this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blade-mQX-RT...item5ae60eedc1
And this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLADE-MQX-BN...item1e6cec7036

I got my shipment from gonitrohobbies on eBay today. I'm still a newb but this quad is a blast.
vanzant is offline Find More Posts by vanzant
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Oct 2011
298 Posts
Thanks, vanzant, but I'm going to buy the quad from HH. So I'm looking for just a 3rd party battery. I won't buy from ebay either. Not that there's anything wrong with ebay, just my position on mission critical items.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:39 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Dude, foto, buy from eBay or newegg then if you have problems you can call HH. They support their products no matter who you buy from. Its not something you should even slightly not feel right about. Dont wait for stock! This thing is too much fun to wait. Better yet, I think somebody said redrockethobbies had them in stock. They are a certified resellrr for HH I think. GL with whatever you decide.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Oct 2011
298 Posts
Thanks, major.momogram, I appreciate your suggestion. As I mentioned earlier I'm not in any hurry, but you make it sound so much fun I may have to go with your advice!

How's the wind situation there in West Texas? Here in the Dallas area it has been blowing from the south at 15 to 20 mph EVERY day this week, with gusts up to 32 mph. Not good for ANY flying. But... per weather.com next week sounds wonderful with winds from calm to 5 mph! It's quite rare for the wind to be that low here.

Now I'm thinking if I ordered the mQX right now, I might get it before the wind picks up again. Decisions, decisions...
Last edited by fotoflyer; Apr 14, 2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Mar 2012
21 Posts
I just got the MQX last night, After waiting for months to get it. Got home was all excited like a a kid at christmas. pulled it out of the box checked everything before flying to make sure it was in good shape and nothing was loose. First flight took a crash from 4 feet up severed the one of the wires coming up from the motor. I tried to soder it but my skills at sodering suck and I ruined the motor good thing I had a back up, I was pretty pissed this happened on the first flight Second flight same arm or mottor it just stopped but only felll from 2 feet up Now that arm wont work. Im pretty upset that I just spent 150 bucks and this is happening. Anyone have this happen to them? its the front right motor arm in "X" config. Thanks and hope you guys are loving your mqx! Ill get mine going soon enough.
Sean1986 is offline Find More Posts by Sean1986
Old Apr 13, 2012, 09:44 PM
United States, RI
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
Hey all,

I just have to say ..... HOLYCRAP!! ...... My friend climbed halfway up the tree that ate my MQX a couple weeks ago and knocked it down with a long stick for me. I took it home and ... IT STILL WORKS!! Even after no less than three days of rain ....

These things are friggin amazing!!
Scootatrash is offline Find More Posts by Scootatrash
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:18 PM
United States, RI
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
Hey Sean, Sorry, I was excited about my MQX rescue and didn't read your post first.

That sucks that you are having problems with your's already. But I think that is really not typical of these. Maybe HH will help you out with a replacement or some new parts?
Scootatrash is offline Find More Posts by Scootatrash