SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:40 PM
I Like Deraring
Canada, ON, Guelph
Joined Jan 2008
1,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab View Post
This is ready to fly and will be in every local hobby shop around. No setup needed, everything in one box. That is what is different with this, and with a name brand behind it.

Most new to the hobby have no idea of Goodluckbuy nor do they want to order parts from all over to piece together a quad. They may not even have any previous RC experience.

It is a step forward in terms of the mass market.
Yeah I've been following the other thread in micro helis. I was wondering how people would react here. This is more of a hardcore section over here.... A lot of it is piece-together stuff multiple-wii etc.

DAVE: maybe you'll have better luck explaining things over in micro helis?
jdog83 is offline Find More Posts by jdog83
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:42 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,405 Posts
Granted we are hardcore over here. it is nice to see something simple come along from time to time. and to help others get into this part of the hobby. if they did it right.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:55 PM
Team SCHC
SoCal
Joined Dec 2005
307 Posts
Dave,
Will you guys have one at the AMA show next week?
Can I have a turn?
zguy is offline Find More Posts by zguy
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:59 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdog83 View Post
Yeah I've been following the other thread in micro helis. I was wondering how people would react here. This is more of a hardcore section over here.... A lot of it is piece-together stuff multiple-wii etc.

DAVE: maybe you'll have better luck explaining things over in micro helis?
As I just posted in the micro "heli" section. It is not fair to expect Dave to reply to posts in 2 diff threads about the same prouct. This is a multirotor and not a single rotor heli and so the thread should be kept here and closed over there.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2011, 03:23 PM
Arivaca,Arizona
Joined May 2008
7,715 Posts
Hi Tony,
I see your point. But the guys that are into quads already know about this and it is just a flying machine, similar to the ufo#8.
I think the guys in micros might enjoy a quad. I still enjoy my #8's. And there is a certain amount of brand loyalty to deal with.
Looks like a very nice product..

regards,
Bill
Air Vaca is offline Find More Posts by Air Vaca
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:20 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,481 Posts
Not sure why people are worrying about the brushed motors. Have you ever changed one in a micro-heli? They get a bad rep because you have to change them often in airplanes (because people fly them at WOT), but in a heli? This thing has 4 motors to share a 75gr load. It will rarely be flown at WOT and those motors drive a large gear...

If you have to worry about something, then, it should be the propellers!!!! They seem proprietary and they are not protected for impact. Otherwise, this seem like a total winner!!! Beat the winter blues since you should easily fly this in your house! So small!

Thank you for what look like another awesome product HH. And thank you for a BNF package, though I would have liked a BNF Basic as well... Oh well, another charger for my stack!
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:21 PM
Suspended Account
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
edited .......
Quad_Addict is offline Find More Posts by Quad_Addict
Last edited by Quad_Addict; Dec 30, 2011 at 11:56 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:27 PM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Just a bit more info....
The mQX flies pretty light, so the motors and batteries are not struggling at all... the battery life is pretty impressive... you guys will see once you have them.
Because of this, the motors are not loaded heavily or working that hard... so it is efficient and long lasting.
I am sure it will lift a decent amount... have not played with 'lifting' that much myself... maybe on the order of it's own weight.... you guys are the best ones to do that experimenting.

As David E said... It is a lot more fun to fly than even we anticipated at the start. It's small size and durability seem to encourage most of us to do a lot more forward flight than we did with other larger less durable quads.... was quite liberating... flies quite well in 'forward flight' regimes.... I think this one will find a home!

David
Horizon Hobby
dribbe is offline Find More Posts by dribbe
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
edited .......
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:32 PM
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribbe View Post
Just a bit more info....
The mQX flies pretty light, so the motors and batteries are not struggling at all... the battery life is pretty impressive... you guys will see once you have them.
Because of this, the motors are not loaded heavily or working that hard... so it is efficient and long lasting.
I am sure it will lift a decent amount... have not played with 'lifting' that much myself... maybe on the order of it's own weight.... you guys are the best ones to do that experimenting.

As David E said... It is a lot more fun to fly than even we anticipated at the start. It's small size and durability seem to encourage most of us to do a lot more forward flight than we did with other larger less durable quads.... was quite liberating... flies quite well in 'forward flight' regimes.... I think this one will find a home!

David
Horizon Hobby
I know your vids are super profesional and I am sure ALOT of work goes into them. Maybe you could just give an MQX to a skilled pilot over there(Like Bert)and shoot a "NON" Official video.
Z06 Tony is offline Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:34 PM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
not lighter then the saucer so that makes no diference, the only real difference with it is eflight stuff is in every hobby shop so you can enjoy having to spend $$ on motors available to you over priced
-
http://vimeo.com/1930915
From the sound of that thing, I would speculate that the mQX definetely flies lighter... (less disc loading and more effient/less battery ussage)....
But, videos can be decieving, so, again, it is just speculation.

I am confident that there are plenty of customers who will be interested in what the mQX offers.

Have Fun,
David
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:35 PM
Illinois
Joined Jan 2005
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06 Tony View Post
I know your vids are super profesional and I am sure ALOT of work goes into them. Maybe you could just give an MQX to a skilled pilot over there(Like Bert)and shoot a "NON" Official video.
Understand your point.... videos are an interesting topic....

David
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
edited .......
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:39 PM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict View Post
eflight stuff is in every hobby shop

....available to you over priced
Man, you obviously got a problem with Horizon. We get it.

But did you ever think that maybe the reason the availability is so high, the products are so widely distributed, and generally consistent quality (if not necessarily premium custom grade quality) *IS* because of that price premium? A premium, I might mention, that most are more than willing to pay (assuming it exists at all after their huge volumes and economies of scale), in order to get that quality and availability*?

In other words, they are successful for a reason. It obviously perturbs you, and I guess that's fine. But how often do you have to say it?

*(Not to mention customer service and returns functions that are generally regarded as world-class and certainly better than anyone else in the industry)
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Last edited by tracknoob; Dec 29, 2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:40 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2006
8,649 Posts
edited .......