SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2012, 02:54 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Waiting for my MQX. Hopefully next week. Is there any information on a V1 and V2? Tried to get more information on it but this topic is very long and can't find relevant info in search
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:00 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,944 Posts
It was just discussed yesterday. Horizon Hobby disavows any knowledge of a version 2. Also noted is that they may sneak in a change and just not say anything about it. They have to KNOW customers are not pleased with their motors.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:02 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Yes, I noticed some remarks on a V2 but didn't find "real" info so therefore my question. I assume we will know more when the new batch of MQX-es are getting shipped. If they are shipped soon
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:13 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow View Post
Yes, I noticed some remarks on a V2 but didn't find "real" info so therefore my question. I assume we will know more when the new batch of MQX-es are getting shipped. If they are shipped soon
I thought Thetis or somebody else said they had just received theirs, so, that would be the closest to V2 so far.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 03:57 PM
United States, RI
Joined Jan 2012
95 Posts
I have two MQXs and both boards say "QX-V03" on them. I dunno if that is relevant to the V1 vs V2 discussions, but I always just assumed I had version V03 cards.

One board has crapped out on me and will no longer bind with my transmitter. HH wanted me to send it to them for evaluation, but for $32 I just bought another one. It'll be interesting to see if it too says "QX-V03".
Scootatrash is offline Find More Posts by Scootatrash
Old Apr 04, 2012, 05:37 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootatrash View Post
I have two MQXs and both boards say "QX-V03" on them. I dunno if that is relevant to the V1 vs V2 discussions, but I always just assumed I had version V03 cards.

One board has crapped out on me and will no longer bind with my transmitter. HH wanted me to send it to them for evaluation, but for $32 I just bought another one. It'll be interesting to see if it too says "QX-V03".
"V2" or not, I remember reading at least one change to later boards on this thread: when binding to "+" mode with later boards, the receiver LED is supposed to light up solidly (instead of blink, as occurs in the earlier boards).
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Apr 04, 2012, 06:31 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootatrash View Post

Hey, you've got a new board at your expense, send them the bad one and let them send you a spare or fix that one. Don't just say the heck with it. A priority mail padded envelope doesn't cost much. Even if you went for a small priority mail box with plenty of bubble wrap around the board so they don't say the shipping caused it, it's $5!!!!
Old Apr 04, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Mar 2011
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Many dealers here are looking for April 5th. Some are extended out another week until the 12th. Mine has been waiting for one for 8 weeks and has no promise date!
My LHS had 5 BNF and 3 RTF on shelf today. They were on BO for like 3 weeks so they are out and about. I am in Indianapolis so you never know.
stablehover is offline Find More Posts by stablehover
Old Apr 05, 2012, 04:13 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Its probably covered here already but i was asked if the mqx could lift 30g worth of cam or fpv gear etc. Ive flown mine with the 15g 808 keychain cam and it still flys well but tried to see how much it could carry before flight performance was compromised to much.. 47g is to much but it flew ok with 30g added.

Blade MQX Quadcopter How Much Can It Lift (5 min 54 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2012, 05:58 AM
Joined Nov 2011
157 Posts
Stresscracked, That is awesome! I now plan to dissect my Dice cam. I have a HK wing cam coming in the mail and it is light enough to fly around with ease on the MQX. I had one and a buddy of mine wrecked it... ha ha! But, it looks like the Dice cam can be made pretty light! Quite interesting! Thanks for the info!
Ron_RC is offline Find More Posts by Ron_RC
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:06 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablehover View Post
My LHS had 5 BNF and 3 RTF on shelf today. They were on BO for like 3 weeks so they are out and about. I am in Indianapolis so you never know.
Does that hobby shop do internet sales? If so, a link would be nice. I've got a $10 voucher for my LHS, but if they don't know when they're getting theirs in, I might have to go elsewhere.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 09:42 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Does that hobby shop do internet sales? If so, a link would be nice. I've got a $10 voucher for my LHS, but if they don't know when they're getting theirs in, I might have to go elsewhere.
http://www.redrockethobbies.com/BLAD...-p/blh7580.htm with free shipping.

Use your $10 voucher toward the basic 4 channel controller, if you don't have one.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:07 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,944 Posts
Thanks for that link. Free shipping is nice! Anybody got any coupon codes for Red Rocket to sweeten the pot?
Since most hobby shops expect these today, I'll wait a little to see if I get a call from my LHS. If not, I might have to bite on this and use the voucher for extra props. I have a DX6i to fly this with if not the game controller transmitter from my Champ or my LP5DSM transmitter from my CX-2.
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:24 AM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
This one has worked for a long time there: HZAP

5 bucks off, i think?
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Old Apr 05, 2012, 10:43 AM
buckinghamshire
Joined Oct 2004
197 Posts
quick outdoor flight

BLADE MQX FLIPS AND ROLLS OUTSIDE USING STD TRANSMITER (2 min 16 sec)

This was done using the standard transmitter, i have since bound the MQX to my DX7 and it makes a huge difference to the hight you can get away with.
you can flip and roll from approx 10 feet with the DX7 instead of 25-30 feet with the standard.
combatxe2 is online now Find More Posts by combatxe2