HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:01 PM
North Richland Hills, Texas USA
Joined Aug 2000
1,877 Posts
I was at the field this afternoon with winds running over 10 knots according to wind sock. A friend ask me to set up his DX7 and new quad for him. Took about five minutes to set up transmitter for same throws and expo as I fly my little quad. Bound her per the instructions for X configurations set her on table and spooled her up. Lifted off with no problems and flew around under shed for a minute and then headed out over field area. got blown around a little bit but what would you expect with the winds as they were. Made a couple minutes fliting around the infield area and then came back to table and landed. No sweat. Don't plan on it replacing my other birds but it flew fine in the wind at least for me. This was the second tested in 24 hours and handled straight up and and no trim changes were made nor needed for flight. When the winds calm down or go inside then we will set the final trims. My personal bird has trimmed out very nicely as well with about 10 batteries through it. Pull the trigger get in line and have a good time. ed
Ed Couch is offline Find More Posts by Ed Couch
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:29 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68 View Post
hey guys. i was wondering if this would make a good first heli? im interested in quads and this seems to fit the bill perfectly.
I'll say yes. On low rates, it's pretty tame... as long as you use small gentle movements. It's very easy to take-off (one hand) and hovering is a snap. You could eat a sandwich and hover this guy. I tried flipping mine, because there's nothing to break.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 20, 2012, 09:36 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
I'll say yes. On low rates, it's pretty tame... as long as you use small gentle movements. It's very easy to take-off (one hand) and hovering is a snap. You could eat a sandwich and hover this guy. I tried flipping mine, because there's nothing to break.
okay sweet thanks. im really looking forward to purchasing this. what should i use for low rates on the dx6i? im still new to the dx6i programming.
electricrc68 is online now Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:09 PM
I AM SOFA KING WE TODD DID
Iceland, Westfjords, safjrur
Joined Mar 2011
1,107 Posts
Maiden

Just got a couple indoor flights in, wow what a blast. My 1st quad. Good job Horizon.

One of the motors takes a little longer to spool up when I first apply throttle. Anyone else notice this?

My second flight a different motor took a little longer to "catch up" to the others. Normal???

Mindblowing how stable this thing is. I took pictures w/ my right hand while using the left stick to keep her hovering in 1 spot. (Don't try this kids)
wavekatcher is offline Find More Posts by wavekatcher
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:10 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,414 Posts
At our last indoor session was the new Blade mQX Quadcopter, so i thought i'd grab a quick vid of it flying. First up Mike from OMP/Modelflight tried it out, then Hamish gives it a go too. This new Blade looks cool and fly's really well , being very responsive to the stick controls. Reckon this one might be a quick seller, so get in quick if your interested

cheers chuck

Blade mQX Quadcopter Flying Indoors (5 min 43 sec)
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:26 PM
Certified Crash Artist
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Feb 2011
150 Posts
I got mine today at lunch but I didn't get to fly it until after work. I bought a Hyperion 550mah 25c battery too.

The first flight was awesome then after that every other flight was it would make these huge almost uncontrollable corrections. I figured out the hyperion battery was shifting as it flew causing it to freak out.

This little quad is awesome. Once you get the hover locked in it is rock solid. It was hovering and I was snapping photos.

What a blast!
Lucasberg is offline Find More Posts by Lucasberg
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:45 PM
Alabama
Joined Jun 2009
41 Posts
[QUOTE=ChuckTseeker;20488520]At our last indoor session was the new Blade mQX Quadcopter, so i thought i'd grab a quick vid of it flying. First up Mike from OMP/Modelflight tried it out, then Hamish gives it a go too. This new Blade looks cool and fly's really well , being very responsive to the stick controls. Reckon this one might be a quick seller, so get in quick if your interested

cheers chuck

Hamish knows his way around a quad! Thanks for sharing-
PhantomRacer is offline Find More Posts by PhantomRacer
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:48 PM
Alabama
Joined Jun 2009
41 Posts
Mine does this too- Like yours, it clears up quickly, and flies great-

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavekatcher View Post
One of the motors takes a little longer to spool up when I first apply throttle. Anyone else notice this?

My second flight a different motor took a little longer to "catch up" to the others. Normal???
PhantomRacer is offline Find More Posts by PhantomRacer
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
46 Posts
Okay, so this weighs WAAAY too much with the mQx, but very interesting...imagine having a quad that you can fly around and have the camera automatically point to where the marker is...cool.

http://www.swivl.com/
qreacher is offline Find More Posts by qreacher
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:07 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankenQuad View Post
Thanks! Flies very well. Loops, flips, and rolls are so easy, a caveman could do 'em. Is it that easy to do aerobatics with with the real deal?

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:22 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodjack View Post
Anyone know when they arrive in the UK?
Yes will be in stock from Tuesday 24th only 3 days to go.

Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:35 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
very nice Joel

she sure dives fast out of a loop eh lol

Altitude is definitely your friend

if this was CP - look the frack out
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewalker View Post
Just watched both videos.
Great job on the maiden flight!
Your camera helper did a fine job videoing the second flight.

This is one cool little flying machine!
Looks pretty durable,and is amazingly steady.
How well do you think it would handle a payload,say about the same weight as the keychain cam.

This ones going on the short list.

Ridgewalker
Thanks, guys!

I'll shoot some video in the living room tomorrow, and also at our indoor spot tomorrow night. I'll also try to get some on-board footage. Regarding payload - HH said that it can carry 1 oz. It carries my 15g 808 #3 with no problem.

Got the message that my four Hyperion 550s shipped. I expect that she'll perk up quite a bit with the Hyp cells.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:40 PM
where things come alive!
United States, NJ
Joined May 2011
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Thanks! Flies very well. Loops, flips, and rolls are so easy, a caveman could do 'em. Is it that easy to do aerobatics with with the real deal?

Joel
Joel.... the main thing your going to need to do is get it up high... I believe after that you will be good to go... it will come around and will want to drop like a rock you just have to be ready to power it up when it does....
FrankenQuad is offline Find More Posts by FrankenQuad
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:42 PM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Thanks, guys!

Got the message that my four Hyperion 550s shipped. I expect that she'll perk up quite a bit with the Hyp cells.

Joel
Mine shipped also. I ordered 3 from Amazon.com and they'll be here on Monday! Can't wait.

I hovered mine around the living room today for just over 13min on the stock pack!!
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:53 PM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy View Post
Mine shipped also. I ordered 3 from Amazon.com and they'll be here on Monday! Can't wait.

I hovered mine around the living room today for just over 13min on the stock pack!!
13 minutes on hover that impressive! I wonder what the LVC is when flying hard.
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...