SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 28, 2011, 08:46 PM
Zas
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Discussion
New Giant Size Art Tech RC 400 Class 4 Channel EC-135 Double Rotor Helicopter 2.4Ghz

Hello Everybody,

I am new to the forum and I wanted to see what do you guys think about this helicopter.

I received it as a gift and I was wondering whats yall input on it.

Is it a good helicopter? Easy to fly? set up ect ect.

Thanks Guys!

Heres the link:
http://www.xheli.com/at-11141-400-ec135-rtf-24g.html
Zas is offline Find More Posts by Zas
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 09:54 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
It's a decent enough flying heli for a large, heavy coax. But it's not very durable and a lot of hassle to repair. You might want to set it aside and try a cheap 4 channel micro coax until you get a little practice.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:11 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
, it is a nice looking and flying scale bodied helicopter, but it is probably one of the worst choices for a rank beginner to actually learn how to fly full function RC helicopters, All that cool pretty plastic body work a makes it very fragile and difficult and expensive to service. I would also suggest that you put aside your pretty new Xmas gift and do yourself a favor and pick up a more suitable and more resilient learner helicopter to actually learn how to fly first. One good crash with that large EC-135 you will have a pile of wreckage. More mass means more impact energy and damage when crashed, and if you are newb, you WILL crash. I would recommend a small lightweight indoor sub micro coaxial for learning your basic orientation and control inputs, such as these:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1378250

The Nine Eagles sub micro coaxials are high quality reasonably priced coaxials with excellent user base knowledge and worldwide parts support which are important considerations for learners.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:17 PM
Zas
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Thank you guys ! I will definitely put it away for now. I will get something smaller for now.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I will update when I do fly it, maybe next month, I will pick up something smaller.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:23 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zas View Post
Thank you guys ! I will definitely put it away for now. I will get something smaller for now.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

I will update when I do fly it, maybe next month, I will pick up something smaller.

If you are in the USA, you can get a nice NE type sub micro from Tower Hobbies now for a very reasonable price:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXYCU3&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXBRTU&P=ML
Old Dec 29, 2011, 01:52 AM
Zas
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Thanks man you are very nice. Yeah I am in las Vegas. My mother in law got me hooked on these.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:11 AM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Thanks man you are very nice. Yeah I am in las Vegas. My mother in law got me hooked on these.
Right On Bro! I see we are neighbors, I'm just a few hours away over here in So Cal....... It sounds like you have one cool mother In-Law

BTW, here is one more option for you, if you don't want to wait, you can just cruise over to one of the 2 Hobby Peoples in Las Vegas, they have the eVO Flight Mini Stinger which is just a rebranded Nine Eagles Solo Coax and has full parts interchangeability:

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-rtf-heli.html
Old Dec 29, 2011, 02:02 PM
Zas
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
Hahaha she's an awesome mother in law. I will definitely stop by. I don't wanna crash this thing looks so big. Again man I definitely appreciate ya. Thank you so much u should come to Vegas and fly my art tech.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 03:13 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Hahaha she's an awesome mother in law. I will definitely stop by. I don't wanna crash this thing looks so big. Again man I definitely appreciate ya. Thank you so much u should come to Vegas and fly my art tech.

Right on!! Thanks for the invite, who knows, I may drop you an email just before the next time I am out there in "Lost Wages"
Old Dec 29, 2011, 04:38 PM
Zas
Joined Dec 2011
8 Posts
hahaha alright man! Thanks!
Old Jan 02, 2012, 09:44 AM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Mini Stinger on sale at HP today only!

EF Mini Stinger is on sale at Hobby People for $59.99 for only one day, Today Jan.2 If you haven't picked one up yet, here is your opportunity!

http://www.hobbypeople.net/index.php...-rtf-heli.html
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:30 PM
Joined Dec 2011
49 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
, it is a nice looking and flying scale bodied helicopter, but it is probably one of the worst choices for a rank beginner to actually learn how to fly full function RC helicopters, All that cool pretty plastic body work a makes it very fragile and difficult and expensive to service. I would also suggest that you put aside your pretty new Xmas gift and do yourself a favor and pick up a more suitable and more resilient learner helicopter to actually learn how to fly first. One good crash with that large EC-135 you will have a pile of wreckage. More mass means more impact energy and damage when crashed, and if you are newb, you WILL crash. I would recommend a small lightweight indoor sub micro coaxial for learning your basic orientation and control inputs, such as these:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1378250

I thought the whole point of having a coaxial heli is that it was EASY to fly? I mean it hovers on its own. When you say "learning your basic orientation",what exactly do you mean? Because on those learner 3CH all you can do is go up/down and left/right correct? Isnt that easy with a coaxial?

Just trying to understand how one should learn on a smaller coaxial, just to upgrade to a bigger coaxial.

If this first helicopter was a single rotor one, then I could understand putting this to the side and getting a smaller one
MDflyGuy is online now Find More Posts by MDflyGuy