HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:46 AM
United States, GA, Tifton
Joined Jul 2011
34 Posts
Discussion
Anyone know what type JST connector these are?

I've searched and searched and cannot find out exactly what these connectors are called. I'm planning a purchase from Digikey, and would like to order these connectors from them if they carry them. I can't even find these connectors on JST's website. I'd like to use these connectors to power my camera and vtx.

Thanks for any help. See image:

tiforce is offline Find More Posts by tiforce
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 12:14 PM
Joined Jul 2011
34 Posts
With much more searching I have stumbled across some information on these connectors. I'll post this info for future reference for others.

These are commonly referred to as JST BEC connectors on forums, but they are actually called RCY connectors. They are manufactured by JST.

The following part numbers are for red plastic:

Receptacle Housing (female) - SYR-02T
Plug Housing (male) - SYP-02T-1

If you want white plastic, here are those part numbers:

Receptacle Housing (female) - SYR-02TV
Plug Housing (male) - SYP-02TV-1

Metal Connector part numbers:

Pin Contact (male) - SYM-001T-P0.6
Socket Contact (female) - SYF-001T-P0.6

The problem is that neither Digikey or Newark carry the metal female socket contact (pin) in stock. Or at least not at the time of this writing. They stock all the other needed parts for these type connectors, but that does no good for someone needing the female connector.....
Old Dec 28, 2011, 02:23 PM
Joined Jul 2011
34 Posts
Thanks for the links. I was interested in purchasing the connector components without wires already attached, like in the second link from the top that you supplied, however, I was already piecing together an order from Digikey and hoped to purchase from them to avoid additional shipping charges, and to purchase the parts cheaper.

The pricing in the second link you supplied is roughly 3 times the price I would have paid for them at Digikey. But fortunately I found a gentleman on Ebay who sells these connectors for nearly the same price as I would've paid for them from Digikey. He states that his connectors are genuine JST brand, too, so these should be the same product I would've purchased directly from Digikey. Here's a link: Click. I purchased three sets of 10 from him . I should be good to go now. Now all that's left to buy is one of those crimpers from RadioShack.
Old Dec 28, 2011, 03:30 PM
KC
Registered Loiterer.
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Sep 2006
3,870 Posts
$0.88 for 10 sets.

http://www.lowpricerc.com/product_in...ctor-set-p-119

Pre wired 10 pieces, $1.83

http://www.lowpricerc.com/product_in...male-pcs-p-100

I'm not sure what the shipping is. Also, it takes about 3 weeks for delivery to US.
KC is offline Find More Posts by KC
Last edited by KC; Dec 28, 2011 at 03:36 PM.