HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by mrforsyth, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 10:36 AM
Joined Nov 2003
35 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
thumbs up for a very well done PS. Thanks!
rchaas is offline Find More Posts by rchaas
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:33 AM
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Feb 2012
17 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
how much?
Sonny Cheeba is offline Find More Posts by Sonny Cheeba
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:41 AM
Nothin Ventured, Nothin Gained
United States, NC, Hickory
Joined Jul 2011
384 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny Cheeba View Post
how much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
Price for 12/24 Volt Convertible Supply is $140 including USPS Priority shipping with insurance within the US. Single output 24 Volt Supply is $132 shipped. Dual output (Dualie) 24 Volt Supply is $135 shipped. I can also do local pickup in the Los Angeles area.
Taken from op.
harddrive8 is online now Find More Posts by harddrive8
Old Feb 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
United States, MD
Joined Dec 2011
36 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
I purchased the 12/24 option from Mark, I received the supplies very quickly, shipping was fast. and the supplies were put together very well. Mark responded to all of my questions and concerns very quickly. The first pair I received, the 12v supply would not come on. I contacted Mark, and he had a new pair on the way the very next day with a tracking number and a small refund for the cost of shipping the defectives back. what else could a buyer ask for! I received the 2nd pair and they are put together as nicely as the first. They are working great!

There may be some that charge less for the same thing, but this comes with support, warranty and peace of mind from an excellent seller. If you want a great supply with peace of mind, give Mark a shout, I'm glad I did.
paboater76 is offline Find More Posts by paboater76
Old Feb 27, 2012, 03:23 PM
Nothin Ventured, Nothin Gained
United States, NC, Hickory
Joined Jul 2011
384 Posts
Trader Rating: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by paboater76 View Post
I purchased the 12/24 option from Mark, I received the supplies very quickly, shipping was fast. and the supplies were put together very well. Mark responded to all of my questions and concerns very quickly. The first pair I received, the 12v supply would not come on. I contacted Mark, and he had a new pair on the way the very next day with a tracking number and a small refund for the cost of shipping the defectives back. what else could a buyer ask for! I received the 2nd pair and they are put together as nicely as the first. They are working great!

There may be some that charge less for the same thing, but this comes with support, warranty and peace of mind from an excellent seller. If you want a great supply with peace of mind, give Mark a shout, I'm glad I did.
+1. Mark was extremely helpful in getting the supplies. I placed the order Wednesday night and the 24v supply arrived at my door in NC Saturday. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a high power supply.
harddrive8 is online now Find More Posts by harddrive8
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:26 PM
United States, FL, Fort Lauderdale
Joined Feb 2012
17 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
I got a Hyperion DUO 500W...... Would this work? and what would I need?

Thanks!!!
Sonny Cheeba is offline Find More Posts by Sonny Cheeba
Old Feb 29, 2012, 02:56 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,461 Posts
Trader Rating: 59
It'll work perfectly with the EOS 720i Super Duo 3 500W. Since Hyperion chargers come fitted with 4mm banana plugs, you will need nothing further. Simply plug your charger into the 24V taps on the power supply, plug the power supply into your wall power, and start charging.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:20 PM
United States, MD
Joined Dec 2011
36 Posts
Thought I would post up a pic of my charging case, with the power supplies provided by Mark.

Old Mar 11, 2012, 03:03 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,461 Posts
Nicely done Jason! Very clean and provides some great ideas!

Mark
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:22 AM
United States, MD
Joined Dec 2011
36 Posts
Thanks Mark!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:36 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
6,317 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
I have two acucell8 chargers from hk. Will this work for both?
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:55 AM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,461 Posts
Yes, it'll definitely be able to power both very easily and allow for future upgrade capability. The Accucell-8 has a source voltage limitation of 18V so you would not use the 24V tap unless you plan to get a higher power charger in the future.

If you do not have future plans to purchase a high-power charger that uses 24 volt source voltage, I could set you up with a 12V supply with two outputs to allow you to power both of your Accucell-8's at the same time. Price would be less than half of the 12/24V convertible supply.

Mark
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:08 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
6,317 Posts
Trader Rating: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
Yes, it'll definitely be able to power both very easily and allow for future upgrade capability. The Accucell-8 has a source voltage limitation of 18V so you would not use the 24V tap unless you plan to get a higher power charger in the future.

If you do not have future plans to purchase a high-power charger that uses 24 volt source voltage, I could set you up with a 12V supply with two outputs to allow you to power both of your Accucell-8's at the same time. Price would be less than half of the 12/24V convertible supply.

Mark
Can you pm me a price for the 12v supply with two outputs? I charge lots of 6s and 5s 5000 packs and have two chargers. It would be great to be able to charge two at the same time off of one of your power supplies. Now, would it be two 12v supply's like your 12/24v or would it be one 12v supply thats capable of running two chargers?
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:23 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
7,461 Posts
It appears as though your profile is set up to not allow PM's from untrusted sources. You can try to send me a PM and I will reply. Alternately, you can check your privacy settings and adjust.

As far as the power supply goes, I would recommend a single 12V supply with two outputs for you unless you have future plans to purchase a high power charger.

Mark
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2012, 04:58 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,595 Posts
Trader Rating: 29
Just want to give some kudos to Mark for taking the time to answer all of my questions and concerns. A+ for service, delivery, and communication. Thanks again Mark
Steve
stevelmaa is online now Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Closed Thread