HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:41 PM
Registered Abuser
Purf, AUSTRALIA
Joined Jan 2008
1,005 Posts
Discussion
V3 not working after firmware update

I updated my Eagle tree software and then performed the firmware update when prompted but a windows warning came up during the update (see error1 attached) which was a concern because of the firmware upgrade warning DO NOT POWER DOWN DEVICE.

After I disconnected the device and re-attempted the firmware upgrade it was completed successfully.
But then I started having problems with the logger connected by USB as the program continually crashed with the following alarms (see error2)

I restarted my computer hoping this might fix the problem but now it appears the V3 red light does not flash and the logger no longer works at all - either connected to the computer or in the model with the LCD screen connected it is just blank???

Can anyone help
clintski is offline Find More Posts by clintski
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 28, 2011, 10:30 PM
Registered Abuser
Purf, AUSTRALIA
Joined Jan 2008
1,005 Posts
got it working again after reading this
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792977

Reinstalled software, upgraded firmware when prompted and all is good again.
Dont know why it failed the first time, but happy its back online
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:59 AM
Registered Abuser
Purf, AUSTRALIA
Joined Jan 2008
1,005 Posts
Back to square one again.

I haven't used the recorder since I got it working again last time and this time when I plugged in it has asked me to update the firmware again. (I think it wanted to go from 5.8something to 5.92) So I did, but once again it got stuck during the update and the error in pic1 from the above post came up again.

So I followed this thread again http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792977 and started from scratch by uninstalling the software and reinstalling but I can't get the firmware update to work and and now my logger does not flash or work again
grrrrrr!!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:59 AM
Orlando, FL
Joined Oct 2004
447 Posts
I have read here somewhere that if you have many other sensors plugged into elogger, USB connection may not provide enough power to all of them causing a brown out during software update. Make sure this is not the case. If you have sensors (like OSD pro, GPS), make sure they are not plugged in. Or alternatively you may use a 2-3s lipo to plug in to elogger to make sure you have sufficient power all the time.
If none of these work, go to Bill
iskoos is offline Find More Posts by iskoos
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi Clint, sorry to hear about the issue. My best guess, based on your info, is that there is a USB incompatibility between the eLogger and your PC. Ways to verify this are to try a different PC, or to use a USB hub.

At this point, when you connect the eLogger to USB, and select "firmware control" does the eLogger show up? If so, does it say "Unknown" firmware version? If so, the problem is almost certainly a USB connectivity issue. If it doesn't show up at all, the problem may be due to failing hardware.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 15, 2012, 02:16 AM
Registered Abuser
Purf, AUSTRALIA
Joined Jan 2008
1,005 Posts
Thanks Bill,
I tried it on my mates laptap which is new and running windows 7 but it didn't work. I then installed it on his desktop computer which is running windows XP and it worked fine and I was able to perform the firmware update. We were then able to use the logger for some testing..

So I guess that means I have a compatibility issue with my laptop.
How can I fix this??

Or will it now work on my computer now that the firmware update has been performed..
(I'm not sure yet because I have left the Eagle tree with him for a while)
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:54 AM
Resistance is Futile
United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintski View Post
Thanks Bill,
I tried it on my mates laptap which is new and running windows 7 but it didn't work. I then installed it on his desktop computer which is running windows XP and it worked fine and I was able to perform the firmware update. We were then able to use the logger for some testing..

So I guess that means I have a compatibility issue with my laptop.
How can I fix this??

Or will it now work on my computer now that the firmware update has been performed..
(I'm not sure yet because I have left the Eagle tree with him for a while)
Many laptops have no power supply on the USB, (to keep it from draining the battery so their battery looks better than it is). Some only provide it on one. Check your laptop documentation on which if any of your laptop ports is powered.

Good Luck,

Rob
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship
Old Feb 21, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,935 Posts
Hi Clint,

My guess would be that there is some compatibility issue between the eLogger and your laptop, but the fact that you had trouble on an additional laptop is concerning. It may be that the eLogger V3 is failing. I don't think the updated firmware will improve the situation, but I could be wrong. We have some options for repair or upgrading (please open a ticket with us at http://ticket.eagletreesystems.com if interested).
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor