HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:10 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
8,677 Posts
New Product
HobbyKing - Nine Eagles Ultra Micro P-51 and P-47

HobbyKing Daily - Nine Eagles Ultra Micro (2 min 21 sec)
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2011, 09:40 PM
Joined Oct 2005
1,537 Posts
Hmmm, I like the looks of that mustang better than the Parkzone color scheme. It kinda reminds me of Cripes A Mighty lol.
matthew954 is offline Find More Posts by matthew954
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:17 PM
United States, LA, Shreveport
Joined Jul 2010
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew954 View Post
Hmmm, I like the looks of that mustang better than the Parkzone color scheme. It kinda reminds me of Cripes A Mighty lol.
I too like the color scheme of this Mustang. It's also nice to see a UM P-47.
ElIntocable is offline Find More Posts by ElIntocable
Old Dec 28, 2011, 02:18 AM
Is it Friday yet?
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2008
690 Posts
P-47 looks really good.
DropTank is offline Find More Posts by DropTank
Old Dec 28, 2011, 01:31 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
I've been waiting over a year for the P-47 to show up somewhere.

Thanks!
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Dec 28, 2011, 05:18 PM
easily confused
Nashville Metro, Tennessee, United States
Joined Sep 2003
2,183 Posts
I understand it's part of the pop off prop mount, but there's gotta be some way to deal with that hideous spinner on the P-47...other than that, these little guys look like a fine deal for being proprietary radio RTFs. I'm also kida enamored with their little Yak 54!

I can see me having fun with these this spring. I also might want to do some minor surgery to get away from the proprietary batteries and use the superior Miniaviation.com 190mah cells.
mu2freighter is offline Find More Posts by mu2freighter
Old Dec 28, 2011, 08:22 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
I'm just going to buy the foam & motor when they become available, and adapt a Corsair spinner.

I've been planning this for a year, but I've been waiting for the foam to show up.

I almost bought the Yak 54, but have so many sukhois, I didn't see the point.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 06:07 AM
Joined Mar 2008
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGN View Post
I'm just going to buy the foam & motor when they become available, and adapt a Corsair spinner.

I've been planning this for a year, but I've been waiting for the foam to show up.

I almost bought the Yak 54, but have so many sukhois, I didn't see the point.
I can imagine you going the whole hog UNGN.

The AR6400 brick and one 2030L on aileron and XP-7A 2s LiPo cell ESC, and brushless motor.

What brushless motor will you go for UNGN ?

The Micro Nine Eagles Spitfire looks cool to, another candidate for a AR6400 brick and brushless swap out.

richos is offline Find More Posts by richos
Old Dec 29, 2011, 08:23 AM
Joined Oct 2005
1,537 Posts
Hey I just saw the Mustang, Thunderbolt, and Spitfire on Helipal's website. I did a Google search and found them there.
http://www.helipal.com/rc-plane_nine...-airplane.html
matthew954 is offline Find More Posts by matthew954
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:17 AM
Huge member!
Pawtucket R.I.
Joined May 2008
479 Posts
You can get them on ebay, Shipped for under $100 from a dealer in the states. Brutus
BRUTUS2238 is offline Find More Posts by BRUTUS2238
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:31 AM
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
That spit looks great - Put an AR6400 in that for sure, would be great if they sold PNP so we could supply our own gear. Ah well, all part of the fun i suppose!
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Dec 29, 2011, 10:54 AM
Joined Mar 2008
510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew954 View Post
Hey I just saw the Mustang, Thunderbolt, and Spitfire on Helipal's website. I did a Google search and found them there.
http://www.helipal.com/rc-plane_nine...-airplane.html
Nice find for you guys in the USA ..

Hay UNGN Foam part for the P-47 on Helipal's website .

http://www.helipal.com/plane-spare-p...underbolt.html

Go for it UNGN
Old Jan 08, 2012, 06:01 PM
"The Uzitalo nine millimeter"
☭Finland☭
Joined Nov 2009
200 Posts
The P47 is a blast to fly. Me and a friend flew formation all summer and it was a joy. We bought them to see if they were any good, flew them to the max, crashed them, glued them, crashed again, every weekend for 2 months.
We have: Ripped off both wings, the horisontal stab, the vertical stab, destroyed the motor-mount, stepped on it and accidently shot it ( to get it off a tree ). To this day, they still fly. And they fly good. Tuff planes!
One thing though, after the head-ons against mother earth, the break-off system has developed some slack, causing the prop to depart in midflight. And because of these, uhm, sudden loss of power -I can verify that the P47 is an excellent glider.
Uusitalo is offline Find More Posts by Uusitalo
Old Jan 08, 2012, 10:30 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
Parts are in at HK. log into HK and click on the link below for the "buddy code" price:

P-47 Fuselage

P-47 Wing

P-47 Tail

Spitfire Fuselage

Spitfire Wing

Spitfire Tail

Still no Motor listed yet. That one is the Holy Grail of Micros.

Here is the Gear. I didn't order those or the Pushrods/contorl horns as I have that stuff, but they are available, too.

For Props, I was going to use a Corsair prop/spinner for the P-47 and a Mossy Prop/spinner for the spitfire.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:38 AM
Joined Mar 2008
510 Posts
Good news .

Good news guys the P-47 is a straight swap out with Spektrum's AR6400 brick

1 the hole that holds the motor in place is the same size as the Parkzone UM P51-Sukhoi Motor and gearbox (it fits like it was made for it) Even the prop shaft is the same height as the nine aegles when put in place
(so UNGN you dont have to worry about looking for a nine aegles Motor and gearbox the P51-Sukhoi Motor and gearbox fits like a glove) (Check out the photo)

2 the AR6400 (i have the AR6400L) but that makes no difference as i fits in the hole for the nine aegles Rx brick (as you can see in photo)

3 the Spektrum AS2000 Linear Servo fits the servo hole to (as you can see in photo)

4 Lipo Batterys ! the slot can even accommodate the MEGA Miniaviation 300mAh 30C battery Platinum Edition Battery for MEGA MEGA DURATION flights (if duration is your preference) (as you can see in photo)

NOW its time to put all bits on the digi scales. (foam body parts, Motor and gearbox, AR6400 and servos, Pushrods, the horns come ready fitted to the wings and tail so are included in the weight. and not forgetting the Parkzone prop/spinner.

Wow 31g ....

Ok the finish of the P-47 is not in the league of a Parkzone UM but from 4 foot away it looks fine to me

Looks like we have a plug and play-Spektrum swap out air frame here COOL

Can't wait for my Spitfire body parts to tern up from Hobby King
Last edited by richos; Jan 14, 2012 at 02:03 PM.